CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Way To Go'

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--"Way To Go"

Or less, and no coming together at all! :lol:

BabaOReilly said:
Or less, and no coming together at all! :lol:

ROFL! That would have been waaay better! :D But alas, it didn't play out that way. :(

So...and I may be opening up a major can of worms here :lol: ...but what are some of the concerns with Gil and Sara pairing up? It seems, at least to me, that they've been building to this for a while, but I am definitely interested in some of the opposing viewpoints, or supporting ones!

Personally, I just never felt the chemistry between them. And I'm not a shipper for anyone so the less sex between main characters, the better. But I don't really care if Sara and Grissom are together as long as we don't have to see much reference to it in future.

See? And I've felt the chemistry between them since the first episodes I watched. I didn't watch CSI until partways through Season 5, and then I watched them *everywhere*, anytime I could - although I wasn't into CSI online. I was lucky enough to get three episodes in a short period of time: The one with the airplane passenger dying in the first season, "Primum Non Nocere", and "Swap Meet". That's a first season, third season, and fifth season episode... and by the end I was going "Hmmmm... there's definitely something up between that lead guy and the brunette." So I saw it right from the start, and through episodes that pretty much span the show's run. And because older men/younger women don't squick me out when there are honest feelings involved... and because I don't mind supervisor/supervisee relationships on TV when the problems with them are dealt with... and because I kinda go with the relationships a television show sets up unless I have very strong conviction not to... for all those reasons, once I saw the Gil/Sara dynamic I was willing to roll with it. :)

Chemistry is definitely in the eye of the beholder, I think. I see it between Gil and Sara, too, but I can understand how some people don't see it. I think there's not a drop of chemistry between Danny and Lindsay on NY, but some folks see it. It all comes down to personal taste.

Usually, I'm not a big fan of the older man/younger woman thing. If we believed television, every beautiful young woman is pining after some old bag 15-20 years her senior. Sorry, we young women like the hot young men most of the time! :lol: But, in the case of Sara and Grissom, the writers have done the work to make me believe that they connect on a cerebral level, and that that is what Sara goes for. Grissom is quirky and a little odd...but so is Sara, and I do buy that she would fall for Grissom.

^^^ Yeah, that's a fair assessment. I don't feel the chemistry personally, but it doesn't bother me either. I couldn't care less about the age difference (I'm already probably going to jail for having a crush on a guy who's much younger than me! :lol: )

I guess it's just a little frustrating as a fan that, out of that whole episode(or the season, for that matter), it's that brief scene on the end has people threatening to stop watching. As I said earlier, if your opinion of the show has been lagging for a long time and that just put the nail in the coffin, then so be it. But if that's the only reason why you're giving up on CSI, then that's just sad.

BabaOReilly said:
Personally, I just never felt the chemistry between them. And I'm not a shipper for anyone so the less sex between main characters, the better. But I don't really care if Sara and Grissom are together as long as we don't have to see much reference to it in future.
I agree with everything you've said. I'm not a big fan of relationships between characters on shows like this (it's not a soap) and I've not seen anything more than a childish crush on Sara's part and I don't know what from Grissom. I just don't like the thought of them together.

It's not been shown in the UK yet but I'm glad I've been warned about it now. It would not have been a pleasant surprise to know nothing about before seeing it :lol:. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

BabaOReilly said:
I guess it's just a little frustrating as a fan that, out of that whole episode(or the season, for that matter), it's that brief scene on the end has people threatening to stop watching. As I said earlier, if your opinion of the show has been lagging for a long time and that just put the nail in the coffin, then so be it. But if that's the only reason why you're giving up on CSI, then that's just sad.

GSR fan here, but I, too, don't understand not watching anymore because of a 1 minute scene. People were threatening the same thing when we first got PoTR spoilers about Lady Heather. I was already bored with the season, so I was thinking of not watching the ep, but not watching ever again if something shippy happened? Whatever.

My fiance can't understand why people are threatening to not watch because something like this happened. He, like me, sees the chemistry between Gris and Sara, and has since the beginning. We talk a lot about how we wonder if it had been another pairing, or even one of these two with another person, would it have been as big an issue? I don't know, but this is the direction TPTB have decided to go in, and I'm of the opinion that if these two have been together for a bit and even the fans didn't know because their interaction didn't change radically, the next season should be fine!

Even my noromo father, who hates any kind of relationship on a show hasn't threatened to stop watching. He said, "it could have been worse. I hope it doesn't ruin the show." but he didn't say anything about never watching again. He's willing to keep watching, and I'm sure if the storylines are strong enough, GSR won't take over the show, and it'll work out well.

That is so true Alyssa, and I do believe every ship does it. I know my GSR forum was complaining and grumbling when POTLR came with LH. Now, they can't be happier. It's just personal opinion, but it IS a show, things change and things happen. If you love the show, the ship on it shouldn't matter.

I'm not going to stop watching, I'll see where they go with it but I'm not exactly thrilled with the end scene. It depends on what happens next season and how much they show of the relationship, hardly anything hopefully. But as far as I'm concerned it's not as good as it used to be, even without Grissom/Sara. There've been a few things I've not been happy with this season.

I think whenever an extremely popular television show evolves and changes, there will always be those who aren't happy about it, and who talk about the "good ol' days" of earlier seasons. Its inevitable because, as necessary as change is, there are few of us who actually like it.

I remember when season 4 of Buffy aired - a LOT of people hated it. They bemoaned the lack of Angel. They hated Buffy's new boyfriend. They focused on weak episodes like "Beer Bad" and "Pangs", instead of focusing on the really strong episodes that year. And a lot of people really didn't like the move from high school to university.

But things have to change, otherwise they grow stagnant. Looking back, I think season 4 of Buffy was one of the strongest seasons of the show, in terms of both character development and story arc. Were there flaws? Of course. But thinking, 'man, I wish it was more like season two" is poinless, because if I want season 2, i'll pop in my dvd and watch it, you know?

Same with CSI. If they show was still exactly the same as seasons one and two, a lot of people would be bored by now. The audience would be saying "didn't I see this already?" Risk, evolution, development. All are necessary for a show to survive. Yes, you retain your core style, your signature, the reason that you hooked people in the first place. But you also have to take risks and take the show in new directions.

Nothing has happened in the show so far to make me want to stop watching. If anything, I'm more addicted than ever. but if I time comes that I'm bored with it, or become unhappy or think that the show has "jumped the shark", I'll stop watching and probably leave the fandom too. Because, simply put, it's entertainment, not life, and if i'm not enjoying it anymore there's no point sticking around. You most likely won't even get a complaint out of me. I'll be like - "yeah, see ya" and be gone...

I've seen a lot of strong episodes this season. I've also seen a few weeker ones. I'm reserving judgement on the season as a whole until the finale airs here and I can go back and watch the whole thing again. But I suspect, on second viewing I will be, overall, impressed with where the show has gone this year. And I know I look forward to seeing where they go in the season to come.

Back