CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'19 Down'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

And he did, because Sara's behaviour changed for the better since then. And she didn't get away from it, she got the unpaid 5 days suspension, she just didn't get the unnecesary extra punishment.

If something like that happened to happen to one of them, I'm sure Grissom would have done the same for them. Not the going to their house to see what's wrong with them and taking their hand and stuff, but he would have talked to them in private and defended them in front of Ecklie.

They both have gone through hard stuff, but Nick has the advantage of a large, loving family guiding and supporting him while Sara is alone in life. Their "CSI in peril" episodes are very telling: in GD, Nick's parents come from another city to be there for their son, they're worried and Grissom reassures him by calling him the same name his father uses to call him. In LD and DD you only see the CSI team, there's no worried family, there are no worried friends from elsewhere. If she really had some kind of relationship with her mother we would have seen her there, or at least heard from her in some way, because Grissom - both as her supervisor and live-in boyfriend - would have means to contact her even if she was still in jail or commitment, but nothing of that happened (that's why I call BS on Grissom's "she's visiting her mother" in YKM).

Right now, all she has is a boyfriend who isn't the best with people himself either and is clueless about how to help someone deal with anything. In GBaGL, it wasn't a sane, cold person breaking up with Grissom and leaving. It was a girl with untreated PTSD running away while having a crisis who needed HELP! RIGHT NOW!, at least I could see all the red flags everywhere. But no, instead of, you know, searching frantically for her with the fear that she may do something crazy or undesirable as any of us would do with a beloved one in a similar situation (because the letter she wrote to him definitely had the "goodbye, cruel world" feel to it), Grissom didn't go after her because she told him via cell phone it wasn't what she wanted (of course it wasn't! who cares in that situation?). If I were Catherine, I would have slapped him or thrown a bucket of cold water at him or something.

All of this to say Sara doesn't have the same support system Nick has when it comes to dealing with an ordeal and, as strong and capable you may be, there are things that you just can't do alone. And I also think the writers failed to showcase how Nick got affected by GD (besides from Gum Drops), just as they're failing to show the impact of Warrick's death.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I am hardly straight-laced, as you put it, and I've made ton of mistakes in my life. Drinking and driving is NOT one of them. Also, drinking and driving is a mistake that should never be made, it has nothing to do with being straight-laced, it's just common sense.

I think it's great that the characters are human and make mistakes, but it bothers me when others put a character on a pedestal, when they don't deserve it.

Now, to get back on topic, I think LF did a great job in this episode and I am really looking forward to his character.

I'm still not liking Riley, though that could change. I do like her sister/brother relationship with Greg and I hope they explore that further. The could have some good interactions and scene if the writers do it right.

Only more episode and Grissom says good-bye. I will miss him, I still think he is one of the most unique characters ever to appear on television.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Are my comments about not getting personal just not getting through? CSI characters = fictional. Keep the commentary to them, not other posters.