Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Appallingly awful episode. :wtf:

2. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I wouldn't say it was awful -- not in the way the CSI episode "Mascara" is awful -- but I did have a strong desire to introduce both perps to Gideon's nemesis, Frank. As potential victims, of course.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just thought it was way too disturbing. Very violent, very graphic, and on top of having to see so much of the actual murders the dad-rapes-their-kid theme was very much in the forefront too. Criminal Minds isn't known for being subtle and light but IMO this was too dark even for them.

On top of that we barely saw the team so that didn't help.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Wow...everyone is saying exactly what I was thinking. Too much showing of the killers and not enough of the team trying to figure things out. And too much graphic, gratuitous violence! That usually doesn't bother me, but the episodes where it seems so senseless and ruthless, that's hard on the eyes. I've been trying to interest a friend in watching this show by telling him how "cerebral" it is, but this episode doesn't make my case very well! :lol:

5. electra

electra Pathologist

Exactly.I like the show becouse they try to explain why the unsubs do the things they do.Last night I just wanted them to die quickly for the episode to be over.And where was the team?

And seriously,what is going to happen to Prentiss?:(

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm so worried about Prentiss :(. Is it 100% certain this will be her last season?

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I thought there would be nothing more disturbing than 'Lucky' episode. I was proved wrong last night. Murder spree, rape/pedophile, I couldn't stand watching it. I was just hoping for it to end immediately.

The only thing I was interested in was Emily's surprising news.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The thing with Emily was definitely the only good thing about the episode. Well, the scene where Garcia was asking Emily about the guy who called for her was cute.

What the heck was up with that stupid corny scene where the male killer was dying and saw his bride reaching out to him surrounded by light? Really? That was horrible!

This is probably the only episode of CM that I will never, ever watch again.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

:lol::lol: I'd forgotten about that, guess I blocked it out of my mind :lol: That was horrible!!

10. GregNickRyanFan

I'm torn between wondering if it was some lame attempt at some Tarrantino-esque type of thing or if what an attempt to make the scene soapy or chick-flicky. :lol:

11. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Somehow that part came across to me as meaning that neither one of them were going to be allowed to be together in the afterlife because they were both going to hell, just like this episode should. :rolleyes:

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

AJCook twitter:
    Heading back to Criminal Minds for @pagetpaget final episode. @GUBLERNATION is directing. It's going to be GOOD/WEIRD/SAD!!!

:( I didn't think it was official yet that this was her last season...I'm so saddened by this. It'll be nice to see JJ again, though.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Maybe it's just Paget's final episode of the season, but she'll be back next season. :crosses fingers hopefully:

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I read that she's being killed off. So...

15. GregNickRyanFan

I haven't seen that on the CM forum. But I get the feeling that she's gonna fake her death because of that dude from her past that's after her or whatever due to her interpol connection. I think that's what the title "Lauren" means... this will be her new name as she goes into the witness protection program. And then later when they finally find the bad guy and take care of him, she can come back as Emily Prentiss. At least this is what I'm hoping. Killing her off would be a very bad decision on the writers' parts. Knowing the fandom is already ticked enough over what CBS did and then with the writers for bringing what some see as a JJ lookalike. Killing off Emily for real (other than her faking her death and we the audience better know this is the case or else I fear the show may lose even more viewers) would not sit well with an already ticked off fanbase. Hopefully tptb (writers, show runners) are way smarter than that.