Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, if your Dad told you to help him with the case, and you went and hid, wouldn't you think it was safer to stay hidden if you were scared? His unaffected smile when Hotch opened the box was a little weird, but I suppose you could say that being in a room with the door shut in a shut box would muffle a lot of noise. Maybe. Probably. Possibly.

When the Reaper was talking about how all Hotch had to do was take the deal, and Hotch was saying that he was just trying to get Haley to react, all I could think was that no, he was trying to get Hotch to react. He was trying to get Hotch to feel guilty and feel like this whole thing was his fault. Although it's probably both things, really.

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I never cry watching TV shows but I was on tears at the end with Hotch holding Haley.Considering that I never really cared for her ,the acting and the writing was superb.It was so emotional when Haley was saying her goodbye to jack and Hotch with all the team hearing.And Foyet deserved what he got.At the same time ,I feel bad becouse Hotch would be so sad from now on.

This and penelope are my all time favorite episodes of Criminal minds.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I thought it was wierd that a serial Killer would not only let a child leave the room on his fathers obivious command, but to allow him to basically say goodbye to his mother (give her a hug), and before that, when he went to say die he covered Jacks ears and SPELLED IT OUT! :wtf:

I never once thought that Jack would have been behind the curtain, the shoes, and size of the shadow... Besides he trusted his son to know what to do, by the sounds of it this must have been a run through they have done.

I was a bit disappointed that Haley allowed herself to be led to the reaper, you mean to tell me NO ONE showed her a picture of the guy to be sure if she say him to run? Alot of times there are code words, how is it she didn't have one, she automatically believed this guy who wasn't using his own phone, but Sam's and tossed hers, then never bothered to check to make sure what she was being told was true, she could have made a call at anytime to be safe. I am a bit disappointed that Haley (who would know all this being Hotch was her husband and FBI) and the US Marshalls should have known this.

But I remember that house from when they were married, and I swear to god that, that house expanded cause it never looked that big before. meh neither here nor there just something I noticed lol.

I think Em suspected that Strauss was trying to get her to rat on Hotch again (though she refused the first time) but they all refused to blame Hotch but making the same statement with reaction of "it was the team". Rossi on the other hand love him, basically saying to strauss the witch hunt you are trying for isn't going to work.

Ep Beginning: Hotchner: Poet Haniel Long said, "So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty."

1x1 "Extreme Aggressor" Here is your monstor question Gideon: Nietzsche once said, "When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you."

Now episode 5x9 "100" here is your answer about monstors. Hotchner: He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby becomes a monster. And you you gaze for long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." Friedrich Nietzsche.

Okay all spoiler tags from ep 100 have been removed as promised anything for 101 is left.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  4. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Ugh. I watched it first thing this morning but have been avoiding posting because I'm in denial. =[

All right, first of all, that was by far the best episode of television I have EVER seen. EVER.

So, I dcried during the episode. I cried after the episode. I pounded my fist on the computer desk in anger. I think my dad thinks I'm loca.

But I didn't want Haley to die!

I told you, I have always wanted Hotch and Haley to get back together, and I figured that if she didn't die, this would put them back together and make my little Shipper Heart happy. I was waiting for "I love you" at the end of that last phone call. It's absence kind of pissed me off a little.

I didn't actually take notes because I was too focused, so I'm using Alex's notes to remind myself. I apologize for being lazy.

The intro thing was super awesome. I felt as if the team was leading me through the house, which I enjoyed. But when it went to the credits, I was very upset that I knew nothing. I dislike having no idea what's happening.

When I saw Strauss, I was like, "Oh. We're playing THIS game? Okay. Bring it." Because in reality, I hate her very much. But the way the team acted made me very happy. I especially liked Em's "Ma'am." Because she is the one who hates Strauss the most, and with the most reason. Rossi also made me smile. He was just like, Whatever. But the team defended Hotch and they were MAD. I was proud of Reid and his "NO. It was OUR decision." JJ kicked butt, too. I love her.

Will and Henry make me happy. I love JJ's family. I especially love Mommy!JJ. She's just too darn adorable.

Ewww. Kevin. Dislikeee. WTF was with him and his bacon donut? At least he actually proved a little bit not worthless.

What I hated the most about this was how just tortured Hotch was. Him being helpless is not fun. This team has control issues. Helpless is BAD.

When Hotch was in the car, crying, I started bawling. I canNOT handle when men cry. Like, at all. It was so freaking SAD.

The Worst Part was when we heard the gunshots- when everyone heard the gunshots. It was heart-shattering. Hotch threw the phone because his heart was in seven billion small pieces, and the team heard it and cried. I hate when people cry. I kept thinking that Foyet wouldn't REALLY do that, that he was shooting the wall again because the writers enjoy upsetting us for no apparent reason. And then I was hoping that she was just pretending to be dead, or that there was a thread of a chance... And then I cried even harder. And pounded my desk in anger. And kept crying.

And HOLY CRAP. I have wanted to see Hotch get the beatdown on someone since he started taking off his tie in 'Damaged', but HOLY CRAP. HOTCH KILLED A MAN WITH HIS BARE HANDS. No one deserved it more, but Ay Dios Mio it was Epic. And then Morgan came and pulled him off and it was sweet, and AHH. Why is my show so awesome?

And then there is a moment when we don't want to hit Strauss? I was confused by the madness.

Awww. And then we had Little Jack hanging out with all of the WewouldReallyMakeGreatParentsButWeDon'tHaveTime!Agents. Those sort of moments always make me happy (hence the avatar). He is ADORABLE. At the present moment, Henry is only cuter because he is littler.

So now we have a funeral that everyone will attend. We will have Sad!Team and Daddy!Hotch and Unit Chief Morgan. And I freaking love CM.

I do not understand how this show can be so wonderful. That is all.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Zap2it: TV Ratings: CBS' 'Criminal Minds' overshadows NBC's 'The Biggest Loser'

NBC's "The Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now?" was early Wednesday's biggest winner, though it was quickly steamrolled by the CBS procedural juggernaut in the later hours. "Criminal Minds" took home the night's demo trophy.

9 p.m.
    CBS: "Criminal Minds" (13.5 million viewers, 8.2/14 households)
    NBC: "The Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now?" (7.6 million, 4.6/8 households)
    ABC: "Modern Family"/"Cougar Town" (6.3 million, 3.7/6)
    FOX: "Glee" (6.1 million, 3.5/6)
    The CW: "Gracie" (1.2 million, 0.8/1)
    18-49 leader: "Criminal Minds" (3.1)

6. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I think my favorite part of the episode was when Hotch gets to the house and he starts his search, there isn't a hint of a musical score to be heard. All you hear is Hotch breathing and trying not to cry.......so powerful.

I think in regards to Strauss, by the time Hotch finishes his accounting of the events added with everyone else's she realized Hotch had no other recourse but to kill Foyett. Although I loved Reid basically saying, lady I'm a walking film projector crack my head and just watch what happened

All in all, unbelievable episode. Thomas Gibson deserves an Emmy nomination next awards season.....give one to Meredith Monroe too and C. Thomas Howell. Can't forget him...he was so creepy.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I really haven't watched this show in ages, mainly because I'm working when its on, but I did catch last nights episode, well, that last half anyways.

I was, totally, blown away by that last part. I thought for sure that Haley would live and this is why: when Hotch kept telling Jack to work the case with him that that was some kind of code to get a gun. Alright, he's a little to young, but stranger things have happened, but for it to be code to hide is just...just... Though I was surprised that the killer allowed the boy to leave the room. I'm glad that Hotch had the forefront (knowing that his ex was going to be killed) to have his son give his mother one last hug. At some point in his life (and maybe he will or will not remember it) Jack will be glad that he had that last hug with mom. :(

C. Thomas Howell gave an excellent performance, as well as everyone else and I agree that show and the actors deserve an Emmy for that episode alone.

Now let's get this writers to write an episode of CSI LV.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just watched the episode. Notes I made while watching the episode:

Oh this is one of those starts from the end and shows what happened earlier episodes.

Morgan looks sad and random agent dude looks shocked.

Ugh! I hate Strauss!

Awww baby Henry is adorable! I kind of like Will's accent a little bit.

Bacon doughnut? Ewww! I love you, Kevin, but that's so gross! And it would be even if I did eat pork. :lol:

What the heck is that black thing on Penelope's head (when she's talking to Strauss)?

Wow! That word play thing is amazing. Wish I was smart enough to figure something like that out (about the anagram Foyett was using) that quickly. It would take me a week or more to crack a code like that, if not months. :lol:

:lol: I love how Rossi wasn't paying much attention to Strauss and started talking about gold stock or something. :lol: Too funny! And oh so awesome!

Dang they sure had a lot of undercovers near Foyet's.

Loved the team standing up for Hotch and then Reid saying they all made the decision together... and then the thing about his memory and using that to back up what he was saying was great.

:lol: Prentiss does NOT like Strauss at all. "Is there a question in there somewhere?" :guffaw: Go, Emily! You rock!

Aack! Now Criminal Minds is doing the Miami-esque split screen thing? I hope it's a one time thing cause it drives me bonkers on Miami. :lol:

Wow! That's the first time I recall Reid reciting an event back word for word like that.

Foyet covered the boy's ears and spelled "die" instead of saying it. And then he allowed Jack to leave the room so that he wouldn't see his mother die... but then he planned to kill Jack anyway? I don't get why he cared if Jack saw/heard that if he was just going to kill him anyway.

Hotch's tears just before and right after Hailey is killed were powerful as were Penelope's shocked tears after hearing the shots. I wonder if hearing the shots caused Penelope to flash back (for just a second) to when she was shot.

Why did Foyet shoot Hailey three times though? Wouldn't once shot in the right place be enough? That was a bit overkill.

Bad move mentioning his son, Foyet. YOu never taunt someone with the possible death of their child when they're in a position to kick your butt. Wow! Hotch literally beat Foyet to death. Good enough for him. Foyet deserved that and more! Good thing that Aaron and Jack came up with that hiding spot and the code phrase. I doubt Foyet ever would have thought to look there. But I doubt Hotch will ever be able to live in that house again. I wouldn't be able to.

OMG... the scene where Hotch was holding Hailey's body and crying... wow... powerful.

Woah... Strauss just might have redeemed herself a little bit with her words to Hotch.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Strauss was feeding the team their lines, really. If you notice, she prompted them to say exactly what they needed to say to get Hotch out of trouble.

I didn't find it odd at all that the Reaper spelled out die and let Jack leave the room. He's an arrogant bastard and has Jack and Haley cornered in the house. He doesn't need to know where Jack is because he can always go and find him later. I think the spelling out of die was just Foyet being a jerk, because it looked more like a mocking move than anything.

10. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I think you're right, Alex. She knew they would defend Hotch, and they were just mad because they know Strauss is evil.

I took the Reaper spelling out 'die' as mocking Hotch and Haley, which just made him deserve that absolute beat down even more. And then little Jack asked, "Is George is a bad guy?" and awww.

When he went to go "work the case", I was thinking how only Hotch would teach his three-year-old a code to go hide. Until the scene where they showed what happened, and awww again. Jack is SO cute. And no Haley means more Daddy!Hotch, which can never be a bad thing.

The part that just got me was Hotch just crying in the car, and then throwing the phone when he heard the shots. Andm of course, him just rocking back and forth with Haley's body. You could just tell that his heart had shattered. That's how awesome Thomas Gibson is. He needs an award for this.

And the Reid Memory thing that's being so debated... Wikipedia says that people with eidetic memory can also remember what they hear.

The fact that Haley is dead still upsets me. A lot.

11. GregNickRyanFan

When Foyet was pretending to be from the Marshall's service and called Hayley, he told her that her ex-husband was dead... but then the second time he called her, he called her MRS Hotchner. If someone is divorced don't they become Ms. again and are no longer Mrs.? Isn't Mrs just for someone who is married?

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think Haley was too upset to notice the name thing, really. The influx of information in a short period if time, not to mention the desire to protect her son, probably unfocused her to not bother to correct him. She's Ms. Haley Brooks, because in the premiere Hotch knew that Foyet was going after Haley and Jack because the "B" listing in his address book was missing.

Bryn-- Strauss isn't evil. She's just a bitch.

13. GregNickRyanFan

I wasn't thinking about Hayley not noticing it... I was wondering about the writers. If they'd made a boo-boo. :lol:

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh. Well, yeah, that's possible. I assumed that it was somewhat on purpose because they'd been so careful to change it for the premiere that I'd be surprised if the CM writers would've been that careless, especially for the 100th episode. And if it wasn't on purpose, one of the actors would've remembered. The ones on this show tend to remember character bits. I'm still surprised AJ didn't yell at them for giving her an unbelievable character bit in Performer.

15. GregNickRyanFan

What unbelieveable character bit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.