Could Canon Slash Work?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I would have to agree. I don't watch NY and Miami but it seems as if they have more freedom when dealing with romance. Personally, it seems that CSI is more serious. They are just usually so intense that throwing romance into the mix would seem out of place. Maybe it's because it was the pilot of the CSI series or maybe it's just a trend that they enjoy following. I personally can go without romance on CSI. I don't really think it's necessary. Whether its slash or hetero pairings, if they aren't going to do it well and if the quality isn't going to be there, then I would rather they not dive into it. Just my opinion.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree it would be on the sidelines, but in terms of public relations for the shows, it would certainly draw a lot of interest. Just the news itself of a same sex relationship brewing on the show would draw in viewers.

I mean if you look at season seven of Vegas, GSR was in the background, but that still kept viewers tuned in just to see the little tidbits there were.

So I would say the same thing would happen for a canon couple regardless of who it would be.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Well, I watched the Pilot of Southland and it was great. I won't say too much, as there are people who want to see it for themselves, but, I thought they introduced the gay character very well. It's someone you'd least expect. It's subtle and classy and NBC did a great job. But again this is only the Pilot, so I hope the continue with it this way.

4. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

I don't think Bobby coming out (or not) would affect the show anyways. But perhaps.

Back to the topic--I highly doubt that a canon slash pairing would work on the show. Not because people wouldn't be able to accept it or anything, but just because I don't think the writers could efficiently squeeze that in there.

Regarding the direction that CSI is already going in, which is UGH, trying to add in a canon slash pairing would just wreck the script. They would probably make it very awkward/soap opera drama-like.

That's why even though I LOVE Nick/Greg to death, I would be pretty upset if CBS decided to make them canon. I mean, look at what happened to Grissom+Sara and Catherine+Warrick. Yikes. Although all of the evidence IS there...it would be quite a perfect opportunity for Nick and Greg to finally voice their love for each other. xD But I have a feeling the second that happenes one of them will be kidnapped/hurt/killed/moved to a different shift/etc. --; If CBS could adequately write a canon slash pairing into the script (Nick+Greg!), then I would defnitely watch...but until they get a firm grasp on their het pairings, slash is too out of their league right now.

5. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Hi everyone

Interesting thread.
    Since last summer I mostly watched CSI LV ,so it's normal not to have too much relationships really mentioned on the show (ok ok except GS ,but I could live with them).

I'm a slashfangirl at heart ,so I would definetly welcome it ;)
    But my main concern would be too how tptb handle it.

I'm still waiting that Greg says one of his sentences in a case that he has some expirience with guys. I mean after liquid latex and bomb building ...I still love the thought that someone stumbles over the Manson Saint video with "Greg" in it (maybe college time) :guffaw:,but I think they won't do it with him being a respectable CSI now *eg*

I agree with the posts that talk about a subtle relationship ,like sharing a car or weekendtalk with colleages,eyetalk (Dom/Danny *sigh*)...
    Would be more easy with a new character ,if it just was there but not a big deal, like in Toorchwood - could totally see Riley with a woman...

In my head I slash nearly every guy :p and have no OTP ,but I think Don/Danny and Greg/Nick would have (had *sniff* ) the right chemistry...

Don't know how much you know about Torchwood ,but Jack is a human from the future that flirts with everything that breaths - that includes aliens (as seen in Dr Who ;)) -> omnisexual
    Hope my english is not too bad :)