Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Guest, Feb 18, 2006.

1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree with MiamiDade . That was a brilliant post midnight .

It was a big mistake for the writers to cut off the H/R/Y storyline like they did. There were so many ways to go with that. They left so many things unresolved. We don't even know if Ray jr was a match to Madison and if she has recovered/went into remission or what. We never got to see Yelina deal with learning about Madison. We don't know if she ever told Raymond. The last we saw Madison was in the hospital. Where is she and Suzie now?

The writers could have had Raymond go on to Brazil while Yelina tied up loose ends in Miami. Then she could have met him there. How many people would just up and leave, with a child no less, and not prepare? It would have been interesting to see her deal with all the overwhelming news she got in such a short amount of time. That storyline would have been much better than the Natalia and Marisol storylines and maybe it would have kept the Horatio/NY background from materializing.

What's the point of this mole storyline? What possessed them to come up with that? Is this just another way of getting rid of a character? These writers are crazy.
    From what I've seen in the last few episodes, it looks like Valera might be the mole. It's just little suttle things I've noticed. Like her listening in on conversations. I hope I'm wrong though.

2. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

[​IMG]

It felt something was wrong when I first watched the scene that Horatio told that foster father "try it"...

[​IMG]

When Horatio said "I have the same family history", my brain turned blank...and then a voice came out...that maybe David, the actor himself, has no idea of foster home...

I don't what was wrong...I don't know why...just cought these words...I wonder if anyone who once felt the same with me?

Maybe it's wrong to write Horatio a foster family history...it doesn't fit him...Is anyone who once thought the same with me?

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i have been watching miami since the earlier seasons, but i don't know why everyone hates natalia so much, she really isn't that bad, i kind of liked the delko storyline they had, it makes it seem more like a real workplace, seeing as sex in the workplace is pretty common...

also, i know everyone is upset that Calleigh is different, but how would you react to seeing someone you know blow their brains out? plus she is probably blameing herself for it happening, so its entirely possible for this character change, actually i would think it would be stupid if she was back to her normal self after somthing like that

that said, i am mostly really into csi because of the characters, not the cases, cause the show does get repetitive if you don't look at the character stuff...no matter how good they are, i really get into miami the most out of the three...its exciting with all the drama, :lol: ...

another thing, it boils down to ratings...and the biggest shows on tv right now are shows like desperate housewives, lost, grey's anatonmy...they are basically soap opera's with higher bugets, so this could actually help ratings for miami with the character stuff...

another note, especially with William Petersen expressing concerns about the spin offs, they are really trying to do it differently than LV, to make miami have a different feel to it, and i think that it works, but they should probably try to have some better cases on miami, to keep the people who don't like as much character stuff happy...

4. Karen45

Karen45 Dead on Arrival

I agree with you. CSI,Miami and NY are drama serise and should be kept that way. If the writers start to include office love interest between the characters...(yes I do know this happens)...then it becomes a soap opera...yuk...we have enough of them in the UK as it is. I understand that in the new serise H's past catches up with him, WHY.As for the debate on whether he should be romantically involved, well not to sure that would go down to well with the viewers. I think us women, speaking on a personal note, like the moody,softly spoken, caring but, unattached charater which makes us want to catch and tame him. If this happened in the show H would loose all the charismatic mystery that surrounds him. If the writers decided, in their infinate wisdom, to attach H and Yelina,(sorry I know she has gone but, not in the UK yet) or Grissom and Sarah the whole concept of a "drama" show would, in my opinion, be ruined. We have a Police serise in the UK called "The Bill" based on the Met Police in London. It has been running for many years and was brilliant to start with, good storylines etc, and then it started going downhill rapidly. The characters became involved in eternal love triangles and the show turned more on the lives of the characters rather than showing the police doing what the police do....catch the bad guys!!!!!!. So if any of the writers happen to visit this site, please take note, keep the flirting and the "will they won't they" going and leave it at that. We are not stupid and we can use our imaginations. :rolleyes:
    PS. Apart from being H's sister-in-law does Yelina actually do anything??????? :confused: :confused:
    Sorry if I'm a bit behind the times, as the new Miami has yet to be aired over here

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

There's no question about it - the writers introduced Yelina as a 'love interest' for Horatio, and to inject some emotional tension.

It wasn't so much what Yelina 'did' on the show that mattered, but more how she effected Horatio. It would have been good to see things through her eyes for a change. I liked her, and loved the way she brought out Horatio's vulnerable side. I firmly believe that TPTB could have developed her character further, and who knows, she may well return one day, and if she does, I hope that her character is fleshed out more.

The potential was there, but the writing didn't always do her character justice. Sofia did so well with what she was given, which at times, wasn't nearly enough. She is a great actress and is more than capable of pulling it off. Her role in 'The Sopranos' is proof of that. :)

6. Karen45

Karen45 Dead on Arrival

Hi Lucy. I must admit that here in the UK the CSI shows (all three of them) are aired on several different channls and all out of sequence so, its hard to keep up with what is going on. Some of the new characters have not been seen yet so it's difficult to comment on some of the postings. Next Friday (17th) S4 starts and I know that Speed gets killed off. I guess the best thing for me to do is to buy all the Miami DVDs and start watching right from the begining and not channel hop trying to find an episode to watch.

Take care :)

7. Lucy

Hi Karen. I think you might mean that Season 3 is starting (on Living TV?) next Friday. I'm in the UK too, and I don't think we're getting Season 4 until the summer, when it will air on Channel Five.

Channel Five have already shown Season 3 (it gets confusing, as you say, because different channels show episodes out of order!) and they are repeating it again now. Living TV only shows episodes once they have been aired on Five.

The current advert on Living TV is a bit misleading, as it says 'new' CSI:Miami, and it's not new at all, not to British TV anyway.

Hope that helps and take care too. :)

EDIT: I highly recommend getting the dvds and watching from the beginning if you can. :D

8. Karen45

Karen45 Dead on Arrival

You are a superstar. For a while I thought I was going mad. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Take care
    :)

9. Lucy

Apologies for the delayed reaction Karen, but you're welcome! :D

10. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Okay I'm new to the show. Just got hooked it on last Nov but have bought the first three seasons. I feel alot of the humor is missing. I felt with '10-7' they could've done a better job doing a two-parter instead of hurrying Raymond, Yelina, & Ray Jr off. Mainly because of the Susie & Madison deal. Don't hear about them anymore. Why? Rick Stetler's not around much neither. Boy I wanted to back slap him everytime I saw him. :lol: Never liked what he was trying to do with H. That's another thing someone brought up this deal in NY. H needs a closure with that. It's eating him up alive. Yes please quit giving him a girlfriend every season. Last one he got rid of cause she made a deal with a cop killer. This one here's dying and there's no history there. What gives? Don't understand writers. Okay guess I've bored ya enough. :lol:Had to put my two cents in. ;)

11. obsession_360

obsession_360 Coroner

the personal problems mostly...we really dont want to see that horatio is having a problem with the girls that he's with...the whole show is a focus on the crime. thats why i stopped watching! it got so ridiculous that i didnt even bother to watch anymore. I switched over to csi. hee hee

12. Bad_Bishop

Bad_Bishop Rookie

Reposting my remarks here. I didn't actually bother to look for a Constructive Criticism thread earlier.

Ryan Wolfe. Please get rid of him. I can't take this dork anymore. The office romance with Natalia was the last straw for me. Mexican Wrestling for a first date? Looking for Delko's blessing? Goooooooood grieeeeeeef. BTW, Delko won't miss him either.

Natalia. Crime lab slut. Get rid of her and there will be no ridiculous office romance.

Delko. Needs less expository dialogue.

Frank Tripp. This guy is homicide detective. PLEASE give him a little more leadership and intelligence. Right now he's good for nothing but berating possible suspects.

Horatio. His scenes should contain less posing for the camera. This man used to wear a white lab coat in S1. Why can't we see more of the scientist in Caine and less of the victim's advocate?

13. Lucy

Just a reminder that the key words here are 'constructive criticism'. It's fine to state that you dislike a character or certain aspect of the show, but please explain why you feel that way by backing up your opinions with reasoned argument. Thanks. :)