Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

man, you've seen some awesome bands! i envy you! you know, i prefer the smaller venues myself, especially when they are outdoors.

biggest laugh i've gotten from a show? hank williams jr/lynard skynard in birmingham. was at a small outdoor amphitheatre by a creek. stupid @ss druunks couldn't wait to find a restroom so they just walked back to the creek, figuring the bushes would hide them. well, there was a hotel on the opposite side of the creek and we were sitting there just watching these idiots. the guys usually ran off when they discovered our window, well except one. he waved proudly. the gals just gave everyone the bird and continued their business.

2. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

korbjaeger, you have seen some awesome bands. I was a G n' R diehard back in the day (hell, I still love 'em!) Love Weezer too.

I'm going to see Pearl Jam and Sleater Kinney next month. I'm so stoked! :)

3. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

I've only been to 2 concerts so far. First was Backstreet Boys w/ Shaggy opening. Second was NSYNC. P.Diddy opened for them but I'm not a P.Diddy fan so I skipped that part. Both bands put on a great show...if you like that kinda music and both were in fairly big arenas.

Read at Billboard.com that Aerosmith is planning on a fall tour so we're definitely going to try for that one. My husband saw them a few years ago and he said they put on an awesome show. I'd like to see them before they get to old to tour anymore *lol* But heck look at the Stones.

4. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

I've been to a few concerts, mostly country acts. There's nothing like seeing artists performing their songs live.

The first concert I ever went to was an REO Speedwagon concert at the Ohio State fair when I was six. A few others I've seen: Vertical Horizon, Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, Little Texas (right before they broke up), Montgomery Gentry three times, Kenny Chesney four times, Keith Urban and Dierks Bentley twice. I'll actually be seeing Dierks again in concert a month and a day from today (9/3) and hopefully meeting him.

5. Nik

Nik CSI Level One

As for my first concert, I don't know. A lot of the big country stars of the day came and played Viking Hall in Bristol in the 80's, and my dad did some work with the local country station, so I was going to them before I can remember.

Living near Nashvegas, I've been to the Opry several times, but now work on Friday and Saturday nights, so I haven't done that in a few years.

I prefer bluegrass shows though. They typically have outdoor festivals, and I usually have roast corn and/or a barbeque sandwitch (depending upon how long I'm there and when I last ate) and LOTS of bottled water, because it gets SO hot. One time it actually melted nail polish, but it's not usually that bad. Some genius just scheduled a festival on a paved town square on the fourth of July. Needless to say, these are best in the fall. But the food and the music are so good.

Sometimes they have a series of amature contests instead of a big act booked, like the Smithville Old Time Fiddler's Jamboree (same one where my nail polish got melted). The amature bands are really good, and I usually get up and sing a song with my daddy playing guitar in the old-time singing or old-time gospel contests. I've never placed, but I wouldn't expect to. Not only do I panic and not do as well as I could, some of those people I'm up against are really good.

There are also shows at indoor venues. The Station Inn is a club in Nashvegas where I've been a couple times, but most of the acts I want to see are on when I'm working. And of course, there are bluegrass nights at the Ryman. It's a top-notch venue with top-notch stars in the genre. I saw Rhonda Vincent and the Rage with Larry Sparks opening a few weeks ago. That was really cool.

And, as for what do I do at concerts, listen and watch their hands if I'm close enough to see.

6. szmandalove

szmandalove CSI Level One

I've never been to one either. In Grade Five my two best friends went to Backstreet Boys and didn't invite me :( lol. I'd like to go to a concert, especially Eminem ... ooh.

7. Dance2nite926

Dance2nite926 CSI Level One

I remember going to a Backstreet Boys concert amd NSYNC concert when i was younger. I am ashamed now.

8. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

I've never been to 1, but my friend has. She was really excited because she was going to a funeral for a friend concert, only we thought she was going to a funeral for a friend, so me & my other friends were confused as to why she was excited in the first place. (We'd never heard of the band! :lol:)

9. GreenCourage

GreenCourage Coroner

:lol:

That's funny. I like that band.

I haven't been to any good concerts. (LOM- lack of money)
    They are to expensive. 40-60 bucks, man, and that's just for the nosebleed section.

There have been some good concerts, I missed Lifehouse for 18 bucks, I missed Los Lonely Boys (But I'm glad I did, we had a monster of a monsoon last night and they had to close down the tunnel) I've missed POD and Linkin Park God knows home nay times.. lol.

But my day will come, folks. :D

10. Baba_O_Riley

Baba_O_Riley Lab Technician

In September, I'll be going to 3 concerts:

1. John Butler Trio
    2. Idlewild
    3. Tori Amos

11. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

One of my best friends from school has to go to a McFly concert in October with her sister & she's dreading it! (A lot of the other people in my class are really jealous though :lol:)

12. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

I'm not ashamed of admitting I was there at both concerts...they were on the top of the music industry back then and they were the hottest ticket you could get. Kinda glad I got to experience it.

13. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

The day after school let out I went to a Saosin (and other bands as well :p) concert. I got in the place early so I wouldn't have to fight for a good place. I was up front and center for the first few bands. During that time I helped along the body surfers and avoided the moshers (due to the fact I didn't have my friend teach me moshing stratagies, I didn't want to be caught in a pit). During the set-up time of the third band, I moved off to the side to aviod the mosh pits (I was still up-front, really close to the stage, just not in the middle). I sucsessfully blew out my voice and had my hearing reduced greatly for the rest of the evening. I also got to watch at least 4 people get thrown out within a matter of 4 minutes. More people got thrown out, but not that many in such a short amount of time. In all, I think I saw about 10 people get thrown out. Twas fun :D

I might be going to a My Chemical Romance concert in September.

14. Catherine_Willows

Catherine_Willows Coroner

Take me with you? :p

15. Dance2nite926

Dance2nite926 CSI Level One

Yeah they were. I remember after I waited on line with my dad these girls were crying because they couldnt get tickets!