Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

Idina Menzel! Whos talking about Idina? I want to go! She's my role model.

^And "wicked" icon Laetri!

Wicked is life, I balled my eyes out when I saw it live. Defying Gravity is just like.. overwhelming!

And I saw Three Days Grace a week ago. They were amazing.:)
    I met Adam to.

2. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Yes, she should be doing a tour thing in the not-too-distant future.

According to info from Idina in various articles and interviews, after her next run with Wicked in London, she will be realeasing her 3rd album, and going on an accompanying tour.

After that, based on stuff she's been saying recently, she's probably going to try to have a child with Taye. SQUEEEE.

My parents were informed the SECOND that I heard she was releasing another album that I would be attending a concert, come rain, shine, or a deadly disease. They have also been told that if they try to prohibit me from going, I will cause them serious harm and never speak to them again.

I will take a greyhound bus to TEXAS, or hell, HITCKHHIKE, if it means seeing her live. I will go ANYWHERE I have to in order to see her in person. I was going to fly to London to see Wicked, but at the last minute, my mom found out my dad was buying my tickets and flipped, so that fell through.

But yeah, I'm checking her site every day for updates, but nothing yet. She's heading to London next weekend, so my guess is that she won't be updating until she gets there, and then after that, probably periodic updates explaining how rehearsals are going.

I would expect tour dates to surface about a year from now.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I am probably the biggest Idina fan out there, aside from Kim who runs Idina-here.com LOL

I just HAVE to see her live!

3. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

falling up, hawk nelson, thousand foot krutch, superchick, john rueben, skillet, disciple, stellar kart, joy williams and toby mac rock hard in concert...i love going to huge festivals to see all my favs..my sister's friend almost died at a hawk nelson concert...jason dunn (lead singer) did some crowd surfing with mic in hand and when he crawled back on stage the mic cord wraped around her neck and the security guards had to rescue her....yeah....and if you've never been in a john rueben mosh pit, you have not lived....craziness....

4. LittleMissSnark

LittleMissSnark Prime Suspect

Okay...so I'm only 16, but I've seen people most people haven't seen in their lifetime. My parents are HUGE concert-enthusiasts, so I've been going to concerts since I was six. I'll just name a few highlights:

-- Rolling Stones (First Concert, I was 6)
    -- Prince (twice. The first time I was 7, and Musicology was the best concert I've EVER been to.)
    -- Aerosmith
    -- Kiss
    -- Paul McCartney (He's really amazing)
    -- Sheryl Crow
    -- Janet Jackson
    -- Duran Duran
    -- And, most recently, Madonna on her Confessions Tour (Crazy!)

My parents still haven't caved in on either Bruce Springsteen or The Eagles, but they go everytime they tour, so I'm hoping one day I'll get an extra ticket!

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I saw Guns N Roses on Wednesday, I went with my best friend and my father. We were originally supposed to go with two other friends of ours but they ralized how busy they were going to be the next couple days and couldn't go. I was surprised that there was two opening acts, the first one was Sebatin Bach and some other musicians whose names I don't remember. The second opening act was Papa Roach, I thought they were the weakist of all the acts. Sebastian Bach started at 8:15 and ended at 9:20, Papa Roach started at 9:25 and ended at 10:30, Guns N Roses finally started at 11:15 which surpised me. I've heard that they start whenever the fuck they feel like it, but it still surprised me. Since I was with my best friend we made some politically incorrect and tastless jokes which was fun. Once they started they played non stop untill about 2am. I was really surprised by Axl, he seems so normal and sane now. When you read his backround and criminal record it's hard to believe that it's the same person. The band seems to be much happier now, so I'm hoping for either an extention of this tour or another tour later on.

6. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

So I saw John Mayer last night and he was...amazing. Sounded almost exactly like the album and him and he's amazing at guitar. Every part of it was awesome, and daaamn is John Mayer hot in person. :p

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I absolutely love gigs/concerts/shows etc I think I tried counting the other week how many I'd been to. I had to look through my old tickets coz I'd fogotten aload haha its easy over 100

Highlights include

Westlife, Backstreet Boys, Kylie Minogue, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, The Killers, The Stereophonic, Ronan Keating, Boyzone.

I've been to a few big shows where loads of different bands etc perform.

Band I've seen most live is Westlife I've seen them in concert er *looks around* 84 times :eek: :eek: I can't actually believe I've just fessed up to that :lol: I'm seeing them again on Friday in Dublin :p

I'm going to see Take That at the end of the year aswell I'm too excited :eek: :D

8. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Anyone going to Live Earth?
    i got tickets woo

9. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I went to the Shins two weeks ago and they were awesome. I really loved their show and they had so much fun playing.

I'm going to Maxïmo Park tomorrow :) I'm really excited about it, as I couldn't get tickets (twice) last year. My friend called me today (I didn't have any money back in the time the tickets were on sale) that she knew someone with a spare ticket and I could buy it. :)

Also going to the Scissor Sisters next sunday. :D

10. MORGANSTARR

MORGANSTARR Prime Suspect

Is anyone going to Download Festival this year?

if so...i wanna know!

11. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I've gone to tons of shows, like local bands. Probably over 50 or something.

I've seen Nickelback and Bon Jovi in concert though.

12. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Have seen loadsa bands..among them :
    Coldplay - I love them but they headlined at a festival...just thought their music was a bit too quiet for that.

Pink(Twice) - Saw her twice, once in concert and once at a festival. She put on a fantastic show both times..a brialliant performer!

Faithless - Pure brilliance!

The Scissor Sisters - Wasn't a big fan until I saw them live - put on a brilliant show.

Greenday - Well, these guys would never be anything but the best. Brought people up onto the stage to play the instruments aswell.

My mind is going blank at the moment..definatly have seen loads more but I guess those ones are the ones that have stuck in my head!

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Most recent concert:

Nelly Furtado- March 22nd

Coming up:

Gwen Stefani- June 15th
    Justin Timberlake- September 5th

I'm so excited :D!

14. addicted_to_eads

addicted_to_eads Victim

Best this year so far Christina Aguilera with the Pussycat Dolls. Justin Timberlake with Pink came to AZ in January was great too

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i hit a lot of local shows and stuff, well used to when i had the time. but the only "real" concert i've been to was Elton John & Billy Joel when i was 15. (4 years ago) other teenagers my age wanted to see *insert cool band here* but i begged for months for EJ tickets when they came to lexington. since i was a member of the official elton john fanclub (i can't believe i just admitted that...) tickets for me went on sale a few days early so we got pretty decent seats.