"Cello and Goodbye" discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, May 1, 2011.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

OK, but that's not my point. The point is, why did the writers have Haskell go there? What purpose did it serve? In terms of the story, very little really, and it was one of the more implausible elements of this episode to have practically the entire team haul ass over there, then haul ass back to Las Vegas in the following episode. So the only thing I can think of is that they are possibly segueing to an L.A. spin-off.

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I can't help but think that CSI is a bit 'too past its prime time' to spawn another sequel. Miami and NY arrived when the original's viewing figures were near their highest. I don't think we'll get another spin-off, NY was pretty close to being cancelled this time and I don't think there's a real demand for one.

My only theories are that it makes the show a little more interesting, putting it in a different setting brings something new to the table despite it already being done before. I guess it also introduced Morgan to the show and it would be a good way of finding out whether the audience likes her before signing her on so as not to end up with another Holly Gribbs.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I think the LA thing was more a two-fold intention:

1- to show them that letting Haskell get loose has bigger consequences than just affecting the people of the Vegas area, and nobody in the world would be safe if they didn't catch him.

2- to introduce Morgan Brody as Conrad's daughter, as well as having two "tag-alongs" or new faces on the case (Brody & Sosa), both of whom have potential to become recurring characters.

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

I can sort of see your first point, but to me, your second point could have just as easily been achieved in Vegas as in L.A. Have Morgan be on a shift where she's least likely to see her dad, and then Brody could just be a cop we've not met before. Pretty simple, really. The L.A. link feels pretty forced to me, but maybe I'm the only one who feels that way.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

True. But if it took place in Vegas, we'd have been asking where were Brass or Vartann (which I did anyway!:lol:). Having it set in a different city made it more plausible to have two new faces overseeing that part of the investigation.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Wednesday, 9/7. :)

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Did anyone miss Raskell and watch this episode one more time?

*crickets*

:lol:

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Uh....no. :shifty:

And I even thought to myself how sad it was that there was something on TV last night with George Eads in it and yet I deliberately chose not to watch it! :lol:

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I did only to see Nick. :D And to find out that Catherine never told Nick to 'sit on his ass'. She told Nick to find Langston, which he did, thus not disobeying her. :p

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I just decided to watch my hoarded episodes of 'The Office' instead. It ended my night happily! :lol:

11. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I did, but of course just for Nick :alienblush:
    I had to see him get arrested again, but I was telling him the whole time "you don't have to have his back" :lol: