"Cello and Goodbye" discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, May 1, 2011.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I do think she expected him to call her and tell her he had found Ray. That he was thinking quick on his feet and about helping Ray doesn't exempt him of his duty as an officer and his responsability to his superior. If he was worried about Ray going over the line and thinking about Warrick then all he had to do was stay with him and he could've even helped him out like he ended up doing, BUT he should've told Catherine he had found Ray. He should've also alerted someone they were about to meet Haskell.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Nick was right when he said to Ray that Haskell was trying to isolate him...get him away from the team and get him acting on his own and not thinking right. Nick wasn't going to let that happen.

Sure, he should have told Catherine what was up, but honestly just "sending Ray back to Vegas" wasn't much help either. She had to know he wasn't going to just go home and sit on his hands not doing anything. She had given him enough chances (in this case AND the Jekyll case where he went off on his own) and seen that he was not going to follow her orders, but now he's in Vegas with Gloria being held at gunpoint by Haskell.

BTW...wonder how Haskell got back to Vegas?

3. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Realistic answer: Drove.

CSI answer: Killed a helicopter pilot and flew. OR it wasn't really Haskell in L.A. - It was another bride, plastic surgeried to look like Haskell. Ahh hah hahhahhah!

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: I'm just thinking...he sure seems to magically get from Vegas to LA to Vegas on a whim, doesn't he?

5. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Maybe he's secretly a wizard and can apparate at whim...or he was using floo powder...

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Just another reason to support my 'Why in the world did this episode have to take place in LA?' criticism.
    As far as Nick's actions, I would have to agree with those that criticize his behavior. As an assistant supervisor, his work should be an extension of the supervisor. So his loyalty should be with Catherine; and not informing her of their trip to the pier may have cost them catching Haskell. But, I'm sure his actions will be forgiven, just as Langston's will. Reality has 'left the building' in the current CSI-verse.

7. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

I have nothing against Ray, I really dont, but im kinda tired that the last two seasons have been focused on him. I want that CSI comeback to what it used to be, you know different cases not all of them focused on only one CSI, I want to see the team!! I think it strike me more the change now because I started to see season 4 and them saw the episode and the diference was to much... I saw till the end just to ended but im not so excited to see the season finale to be honest.

This is just my opinion, and im looking foward for season 12 and hoping a great comeback of CSI and start again with normal cases and leave behind seasons focused on serial killer and only one CSI.

The only part I liked on this episode was greg and hodges and the fight over the phone XD

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I've wondered that too..He's an escaped serial killer, so if he drove, wouldn't the Highway Patrol be on the lookout for him? and how would he have a drivers license? On flying I don't think you could take a kidnap victim on a plane, she would be screaming, so how did he get back to Nevada?

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I would guess that Haskell has a taken a vehicle from one of his "Brides" or he could have gotten one the same way that Ray got a gun and computer - lots of cash given to a not-so-reputable person.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

^^ Haskell probably drove, stole the car and killed the driver or somehow had enough cash on hand to get one, plus you don't necessarily need a liscense to drive, just gotta make sure you don't get caught

I've been rewatching, don't like the beginning I mean is Ray a jedi and felt a disturbance in the Force :lol::rolleyes:

Morgan: "I went over Sosa's head, please tell me I'm not gonna lose mine" :lol: sounds like Ecklie

Posting a guard at his door might not be a bad idea Cath

Love seeing several women on CSI again :)

Can Sosa come to Vegas too! He's one of few people who actually stand up to Ray

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

That's what I figured. Also, it's not that far from L.A. to Vegas; only about a five-hour drive. It wouldn't surprise me that he could get there in the dead of night while avoiding major highways. Sounds like he's lived there all his life, so he would know the area pretty well, know how to get around by taking the back roads and so on.

12. Desertwind

Well sorry to disappoint ya' all, but the only road to Vegas from L.A. is the I-15, there are many side roads, later down the line, but to get there there are none. I lived in Nevada and the main road, and it's the only one is the I-15. After Pahrump, there are side roads, but you go through Barstow and Baker 1st, then it's wide open but the Highway Patrol are all over like flies on you no what, And I would think someone issued an APB on him, & they would be on high alert looking for this freak, so it's quite a mystery:confused: Maybe he hired someone to drive them there, not so suspicious~

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

Ah, OK. I don't live there, haven't even visited, so I don't know the terrain. I'm used to back roads going every which way, so I assumed the same was true of Vegas to L.A. Sorry about that!

14. Desertwind

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

If the Highway Patrol didn't know what type of car he was driving, what are the chances of them recognizing him driving past in the middle of the night? Unless he's doing something illegal, they wouldn't have any reason to pull him over. Both times, they didn't seem to realize he'd be leaving town, so no reason for roadblocks or anything either.

According to google maps, you can avoid the I-15, going through Death Valley, but it doubles the travel time (from 4:20 to 8:50). I don't remember the time frames from the episode, so no idea if that's even possible.