Castle.

Loved the Castle/Beckett interplay in the second part of this two-parter. Near the end, the scene where Beckett seemed less interested in her supposed boyfriend's hug than looking at Castle, was particularly gratifying. Bones has taken the will they/won't they between Booth and Bones to the point I don't care anymore. I hope the TPTB for Castle will learn from that and not keep us waiting too long for a resolution. The "Moonlighting curse" is from a different tv era; they should stop worrying about it!

Pointless two-part episode. Did anyone here expect Castle/Beckett to die inside the freezer and/or the bomd to explode? In the first place, NYPD shouldn't be working the case once they knew it's all about a nuclear bomb.

OK, let's just call it a little bit of a "suspension of disbelief" episode, and enjoy the tension the eps played on. :lol: This isn't exactly a by-the-book cop show, after all. The real focus is the 2 main characters and the dynamic between them. For me, it was more about putting the characters in a life and death position and seeing if they would admit their feelings for each other. And they both... almost did. Arg. The tension continues... :p

OK, let's just call it a little bit of a "suspension of disbelief" episode, and enjoy the tension the eps played on. :lol: This isn't exactly a by-the-book cop show, after all. The real focus is the 2 main characters and the dynamic between them. For me, it was more about putting the characters in a life and death position and seeing if they would admit their feelings for each other. And they both... almost did. Arg. The tension continues... :p

Exactly! This is no CSI or NCIS; the show is less about true-to-life crime investigation and more about the psychology of and between the two leads. Everything and everyone else are there to move that story forward. Nathan Fillion is really in his element here, mixing self-deprecating comedy with a little bit of drama. And Stana Katic is a surprisingly good foil for him. Or maybe not so surprising: I just looked up her credits on IMDB and find she's guested on a lot of different series over the past ten years. Lots of really good actors coming from Canada lately (he's from Alberta, she's from Ontario), or maybe I just hadn't noticed before.

And Stana Katic is a surprisingly good foil for him. Or maybe not so surprising: I just looked up her credits on IMDB and find she's guested on a lot of different series over the past ten years. Lots of really good actors coming from Canada lately (he's from Alberta, she's from Ontario), or maybe I just hadn't noticed before.

I didn't realize she was Canadian too (I knew he was). I agree, they work really well together.

I put off watching the first half, because I hate cliffhangers.. and I still haven't gotten around to watching it yet. It's turning out to be harder than it sounds to get 2 undisturbed hours. :confused:

Pointless two-part episode. Did anyone here expect Castle/Beckett to die inside the freezer and/or the bomd to explode? In the first place, NYPD shouldn't be working the case once they knew it's all about a nuclear bomb.
I have to agree. I enjoy Castle but more for Fillion than for the cases. But the suspense was lacking because of course they weren't going to be in any danger. Plus the ending was so contrived. I just shook my head.

I watch this for the characters, as well; the stories are secondary. I get a kick out of Esposito and Ryan; loved their congratulating themselves for finding Beckett and Castle. :lol:

I enjoyed the episode; and the scene in the freezer was touching. I also liked when Castle pulled all those wires. Maybe not too realistic, but I thought he was funny. :)

I think this was suppose to be a back door pilot for Pasdar's character, Agent Fallon. That may have been why it was given 2 episodes.

To night episode was to funny that lady was a true shipper lol an castle love the name of this episode one life to love...... Love Cameron mathiosn :)

Since my computer at home is out of order, I am a day late to wish Nathan Fillion a happy birthday. He turned 40 on March 27. Besides playing Castle, he had been on Serenity, One Life to Live, and just provided the voice of Green Lantern in a new animated video.

WHEN A "HAUNTED" DVD APPEARS TO BE KILLING ITS VIEWERS, CASTLE WORRIES HE MAY BE NEXT, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"Scared to Death" -- When a young woman appears to have literally been scared to death three days after watching a "haunted" DVD, Castle and Beckett delve into one of their creepiest cases yet. To make matters worse, Castle becomes convinced that he too is marked for death when he accidentally watches the cursed video. Master of horror Wes Craven makes a special quest appearance, on "Castle," MONDAY, MARCH 18 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET).

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Wes Craven as himself, Arye Gross as M.E. Perlmutter, Alison Trumbell as Val Butler, Romy Rosemont as Nurse Lockhart, Brad William Henke as Mark Heller.

"Scared to Death" was written by Shalisha Francis and directed by Ron Underwood.
StPatrickoccasion.gif

RYAN GOES UNDERCOVER WITH A STATEN ISLAND CRIME FAMILY
TO FIND A KILLER, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"The Wild Rover" - When a man is found dead in an industrial cake mixer, Castle and Beckett trace the murder to an Irish gang in Staten Island and a beautiful bar owner named Siobhan O'Doul (guest star Cara Buono, "Mad Men"). Much to everyone's surprise, Detective Ryan has a complicated history with Siobhan and the Staten Island crime family from his days working undercover in narcotics. When the case hits a dead end, Ryan must go back undercover to expose the killer, complicating his relationship with his wife, on "Castle," MONDAY, MARCH 25 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Juliana Dever as Jenny Ryan, Cara Buono as Siobhan O'Doul, Brian Letscher as Liam Finch, Christina Cox as Maggie Finch, Michael Rodrick as Robert "Bobby S" Shannon.

"The Wild Rover" was written by Terence Paul Winter and directed by Rob Hardy.

100TH EPISODE!!!

CASTLE, STUCK AT HOME WITH A BROKEN LEG, FINDS HIMSELF SUDDENLY THROWN INTO A REAR WINDOW-ESQUE MURDER MYSTERY, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"The Lives of Others" -- In the show's 100th episode, Castle finds himself in the unfortunate position of NOT being able to work a case. While he's holed up in the loft with a broken leg, Beckett goes off to investigate the death of an IRS agent without him, leaving Castle miserable and bored. But when he thinks he witnesses the murder of a young woman in the apartment across the street, he is thrown into a Rear Window-esque murder mystery that hits much too close to home, on "Castle," MONDAY, APRIL 1 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Guest Cast: John Griffin as Gavin DeWinter, Raquel Alessi as Selena Rigas, Eric Nenninger as John Dessens, and William DeVry as Dan Renner.

"The Lives of Others" was written by Terri Edda Miller & Andrew W. Marlowe and directed by Larry Shaw.

Back