Carmine-What is Cessau?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Dryan89, May 3, 2006.

1. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I was totally afraid of that with the customs charge. I should have had it shipped to one of my American friends to send on as a gift...

What really grates is that about £8 of that £12.50 isn't tax - it's the Royal Mail/Post Brenhinol being opportunistic twats...:scream:

2. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

A customs charge?? We have to pay a customs charge?? Bloody hell. I mean, I'm awfully fond of Carmine but that ends up being one hell of a lot to pay for a friggin' t-shirt.... :wtf:

3. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

As there are no lyrics included, I tried to listen to the songs and write the lines by myself, but that was not as successful as I thought it would be. :( Either it's me with my bad English or it's Carming 'singing' too unclear...

Did anyone try as well and had more success?

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I have a horrible case of lyrictosis so I feel your pain. Being able to understand what the hell someone is singing is soooo not punk/post-grunge/rock and roll. :p

5. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

[quote="Twinkletoes]A customs charge?? We have to pay a customs charge?? Bloody hell. I mean, I'm awfully fond of Carmine but that ends up being one hell of a lot to pay for a friggin' t-shirt.... :wtf:[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not massively happy I'm going to get stung for charges on a t-shirt that already cost me more than I'd normally be willing to pay.

I didn't as much as try - I'm partially deaf. I would love to read the lyrics to know what he's singing...

This is true. :D

6. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Same with me. I always have to have the lyrics of a song I really like. There's no problem with pop songs. I did it with some One Republic songs, but rock songs? There isn't any chance :(

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes, indeed, and I'm not even that fond of Carmine. :p :lol: I was expecting a customs charge, because you should pay duty on goods purchased and sent from abroad, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite that much. I was under the impression that it was based on the value of the goods. :lol:

However, super quick delivery time. OK, it took weeks, but it got here pretty fast once it was actually sent. ;)

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

It is based on the value of the goods...£4.50 for the goods, and the other £8 is what the Royal Mail charge in admin. Greedy bastards. Can't you tell I've had this argument with the Welsh arm of the Royal Mail - Post Brenhinol - several times already? :scream:

In case you'se hadn't seen it, this was posted up on the MySpace recently...someone's channelling Kurt... ;)

[​IMG]

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

:lol: As much as i like Carmine, dude not Kurt Cobain (I like him too, I do)! Come on! and the way he is holding the guitar is like he's giving us the finger :lol:

10. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

The whole get up made me think of Nirvana on MTV Unplugged...

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to draw attention to the hand... :lol:

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

He enunciates as well as Kurt, so he might as well go all in. ;)

I kid. I kid because I love.

But seriously, I've always found it ironic that grunge and punk are associated with making important, social statements but I can never understand what the f*ck anyone is singing. :wtf:

12. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

LOL!!! :D

Well, I don't understand half the shit people say to me...comes with the territory of being partially deaf I suppose. :p

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Cute pic, though that tank top is awfully low cut for a guy's tank top. :lol:

Count me as another person who would like to see some lyrics. For me, the words are often more important than the music itself.

14. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

The words make the song :D
    His tank top is low cut because he wants to show cleavage and his man boobs :D

ETA: I'll do my best with my friend who has a very good ear for badly sung lyrics and maybe I'll manage to make something out of them.

And regarding his channelling Kurt, on CDbaby, it does say that if you like Cessau, you would also like Nirvana :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  15. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

^ MOOBS!!! :D

Words only make a song when you can understand what is being said - which might explain why I'm so fond of certain singers and of classical music. I'm sure there will be a lot of grateful people if you can your friend can make something of the lyrics. I was almost tempted to just email them through their website and ask...