Carmine Giovinazzo

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Comte

Comte Police Officer

^Really?
    That'd be cool!!
    I'm looking forward to such eppy's..
    Unfortunately,TPTB don't really go on the track leading towards continuity.
    Sometimes,they're on the track to nowhere fast...

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Nothing much for Danny so far this season--just the atrocious Lindsay interation (which plays out so poorly on the screen--I really hope that has been dropped for good) and one nice moment with a murder suspect in episode 4 where Danny talks about Louie a little bit. He and Flack have joked a bit (when Flack called him Danno it was beyond cute!) but Danny hasn't had anything really heavy to deal with lately, which is a a shame. He did joke with Adam a bit in the last ep (308, "Consequences") and that was fun.

3. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    "Stick with boooowling."

*props*

:lol:

4. Comte

Comte Police Officer

^
    ^
    Yeah..I remember that scene...Hahaha..Fun scene...
    I feel that Danny is becoming a dying breed..His uniqueness is almost gone...Sighs..And yes,i really do want the Danny-Lindsay dropped for good...Just a waste of time...

Btw,is Carmine myopic?

5. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

D/L is such a waste of film. No offense to those who follow the ship. They have NO chemistry and both actors looked FORCED to do it.

I think it'll be dropped now. Especially with a pregnant Anna (congrats to her). It won't be written in, I hope lol.

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, that's my secret hope too... ;)

7. Comte

Comte Police Officer

^^Agreed ma'am...No chemistry whatsoever...As for looking forced,i don't know...I could never tell if someone was being genuine or just faking it when it comes to the romance department...Hahah..That's just me... :D

8. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Lol, well -- at least they tried pulling it off. The SMACked sexual attraction doesn't rub off on others lmao!

Well, as for forced -- uhm, idk... their eyes don't seem to connect at all. And their interaction doesn't quite feel as natural as for example, SMACked is.

9. Top41

Well, D/L seems pretty well dropped for the time being--thank goodness!--due to Anna's pregnancy. I'd love it if they dropped it for good because it did neither Danny or Lindsay any favors as characters.

Danny hasn't had much to do at all this season, but he's pretty well-established as a character, and it is nice to see other characters getting a few storylines. Still, it's about time to throw him something. I've heard rumors he might get emotional in the next new episode (311, "Raising Shane")--here's hoping! :D

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yes, from what I've been able to read he's gonna have some nice scenes in the next episode and being a Danny fan I'm obviously looking forward to that. *crosses fingers* :D

I understand that it was time to focus on someone else (and I love that they're giving Hawkes anf Flack some storylines) but maybe it's because we were so used to seeing him in the spotlight that his lack of screen time this year is getting kinda frustrating.

As for D/L, I couldn't be happier. Maybe the writers will forget about it... ;)

11. Top41

^It's about time for us to get some good Danny stuff. Any time he's too well behaved, I'm convinced Mac is slipping him Prozac. :lol:

I think that in previous seasons, even when he wasn't in the spotlight, Danny had a way of standing out. He'd complain, he'd whine, he'd have a strong opinion about everything...it made him stand out even when he wasn't the focus of the episode. I do miss that. He's had some nice stuff with Adam in the last few episodes, but other than that, not much.

The romance stuff has been Kryptonite for his character. I think if he were paired with a better character than Lindsay (someone he actually has chemistry with), it might not have been such a bad thing, but there's no spark between the characters and he always seems off in those scenes. It would be nice to be permanently done with that storyline.

12. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Here's to hoping the D/L storyline is done. However, I'm not feeling optimistic. The new TV Guide article mentions Danny's unrequited crush on Lindsey and says her reason for shying away from him will be clear. Sounds like we're going to experience the misfortune of revisiting that storyline down the road. :(

I would LOVE to see Danny hook up with someone he has chemistry with, but in truth, those romantic little scenes with Lindsey are a glaring weakness in Carmine's performance.

One sad thing I noticed in the TV Guide article, which someone was kind enough to post in the Spoilers thread, is that a series of character-driven storylines are mentioned, but the only mention of Danny was in the context of the D/L thing. What the hell happened to Louie??? :confused: Is Danny's only major theme for the season to simply be a crutch for development of another character, and a dull little troll of a character at that?

13. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I was about to point that out but you beat me to it. ;)

One of the reasons why I was looking forward to reading that TV Guide article was hoping to find out something about him, but he was barely mentioned in it. :eek:

I still haven't lost the faith that they'll revisit the Louie storyline along the way though and I'm crossing everything I have that TPTB don't prove me wrong.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

It definitely looks like TPTB have made a conscious decision to have Danny take the back seat this season, which is unfortunate since he's such a compelling character. I have faith that we'll get at least one Danny-driven episode this season. However, I would like to see him have more of a presence even in the episodes that aren't about him. Just toss the guy a great line or two in each episode and I'll be happy enough. The TV Guide article did bum me out a bit though because it doesn't look like he's a prominent figure in the overall landscape of the season. :( Last year they taunted us with promises of Tanglewood 2 for practically the entire season. This season, they aren't even teasing us with the promise of things to come.

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Exactly. At least last year we knew there would be something. This year it looks like there's suddenly no space for him and he's faded into the background like a recurring actor.

I'm still holding onto that little line I think Anthony Zuiker said about Danny being challenged on a personal lever, hopefully they won't forget about that. Sadly, for me one Danny-centered episode isn't enough...