Carmine Giovinazzo

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 24, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Danny Messer, <font color=yellow>Carmine Giovinazzo</font>'s popular character on CSI: New York, was put through the ringer in the recent episode "Run Silent, Run Deep", which delved into Danny's relationship with his troubled older brother as well as his standing with his supervisor, Mac Taylor. The actor took some time before a late night shoot to break down the "Tanglewood" conclusion, with CSI Files <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font>, and also reveals how he approaches each scene and what he thinks of the popularity of his lightning rod character.

CSI Files: The big talk right now is "Run Silent, Run Deep," the "Tanglewood" conclusion.

Carmine Giovinazzo: What did you guys think?

CSI Files: The reaction has been really positive! We heard the ratings were very high for the episode.

Giovinazzo: Really good--the best ratings since February or something like that. Everybody is so happy with the results of this episode, and me too. <font color=yellow>Anthony [Zuiker</font>, CSI: NY showrunner and the episode's writer] came through for me and really cares about writing for this character and I like doing it, so hopefully we can do it more and more.

CSI Files: Do you think this is it for the Tanglewood storyline, or do you think it will be revisited?

Giovinazzo: I don't know. I'm not sure if it will exactly be Tanglewood or something in that direction, or maybe possibly something with my brother.

CSI Files: Do you know what's going to happen with Louie?

Giovinazzo: No, we don't know, but I'm pretty sure he's alive, so it gives us an open possibility to do something with him, which I hope they do. I'm sure they're all contemplating season three now, what we want to do and which way we're going to go so it's a possibility.

CSI Files: Were you happy with how "Run Silent, Run Deep" turned out?

Giovinazzo: Yeah I was. I think the way it laid out [was good]. Obviously you'd like to include more of the process of getting to where [Danny] got, to see every part of it. But if you think about it, it didn't happen in too many scenes--it's really just four or five scenes that make it all happen. Having to do it that way, I think it came out pretty seamless and it made sense and you got to realize the connection between my brother and I. I think [<font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font>, Mac Taylor] really played his character really great in this episode, with a good line of business and emotion and wanting to really bail Danny out but still staying stern, but not as much as usual in the situation. I really thought that was great and everybody came through really well.

CSI Files: After the dramatic end of "Tanglewood," was the conclusion along the lines of what you expected it to be? Were you surprised they brought Danny's brother in?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

2. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Reading has never exhausted me like it just did. :lol: The man can TALK. Great interview Kristine. :) It's really quite interesting to hear how he prepares for his scenes and how he just goes with what feels right. Interesting creature, he is.

3. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Seriously. :lol: I'm not sure if he's aware of how similar he and Danny really are. :p And that man swears more than I do in one day.

But this was awesome. Loved it. Got my little information on how he feels working with this and that and it was nice.

Yes, agree, great interview. ;)

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Let me tell you, the guy is intense! And yes, he can talk. :lol: One thing that really, really impressed me is how fired up his is about his character and the show. He really has a passion for what he does, and that's just so much fun to see.

I hope the language doesn't offend anyone, but I definitely didn't want to take it out, because I think it would have ruined the effect.

And yes...he is more like Danny than even I had ever thought! :lol:

5. Bunny

Bunny Rookie

Like, whoa!

He uses more words in a single answer than I do in a whole week. I bet he uses his hands to talk, too. I like that!

That was a fantastic interview; it was great to see his take on RSRD and on Danny's development.

Is it wrong if I love this sentence? Because I really do.

I actually like the swearing - what can I say, I'm weird. Part of me still went: 'Oooh, he used the f-word. Twice!!'

6. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

His brain fires off in what seems like a million different directions all at the same time. He's got all these thoughts cruising around and he's difficult to understand sometimes because it's like he's always shooting onto something new and then going back to the last thought.

No, it was good that you kept it. I'd be the biggest hypocrite walking if I said it offended me. Lord knows I love the f-word. I got to the first sentence where he dropped his first of many f-bombs and there was something that made me chuckle a little and then I snapped back and was like, "Woah. Did I read that right?" :lol: It just came outta nowhere! He seemed really fired up.

What cracks me up is when he's talking about Danny and he says "I". Mac and I, Stella and I. I think that kinda supports the theory about Danny being cut right outta the cheek of his ass.

7. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

ha ha it made me laugh too my god, this men is really adorable and he is able to talk, MORE than the others :D

thanks for the interview Kristine...im so glad he talked about Danny/Flack friendship, that's funny cause when i saw that there was an interview of Carmine, i immediately thought that you would ask him about Flack :p good job :D

i didn't know that we could actually send him emails...what is his adress?

8. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Um, did anyone catch the part about Danny and Lindsay? I CAN'T WAIT!
    haha, and now I know why he never returned my e-mails lol he's too busy.

9. KimAZ

KimAZ Prime Suspect

Great interview! Sounds like a member of my family.

10. Top41

Yeah, he does kind of talk in long sentences--he gets really excited talking about the show and his character. It was funny that he used "I" for Danny, but I've seen a lot of actors and actresses do that, at least in the interviews I've done.

No, actually, he said he hasn't been able to access the e-mail part of his site for some reason. Technical difficulties! Maybe he'll get it fixed over the summer.

I'm glad people are liking this one! :D

11. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Great interview! Carmine is certainly a talker I love that! He talked a lot about Danny and Flack, which makes me happy. It also showed how intense and dedicated he is when it comes to creating Danny. He has an attention to detail that is fascinating.

Ali

12. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Ya think? Did he breathe at all? :lol:

You must have caught him at an excellent time. This is the most honest and telling he's been yet. I'd rather have him lay it all out, profanity and all, than sugar coat everything and tell us what we want to hear. Speaking of that, I was amazed at how spot on he was about why people like his character and him. He gets it. He knows people tune in to see what Danny's gonna do or say next, not to see what he's wearing or how great his ass looks in those jeans. Well...I shouldn't speak for everyone in that department. :lol: ;)

13. Top41

I think so! :lol: But my hand hurt trying to keep up. :lol:

He gave awesome answers--really, really thoughtful ones. The way an interview comes out really does depend so much on the subject--you can ask great questions and they can fall flat if the person you're interviewing just doesn't give in depth answers or give a lot of thought to his/her answers.

Safe to say, that was not the case at all with Carmine! His answers were so well-thought out and I agree completely about the answer to the 'sex symbol' question--it was a really good one, and I think he's right. Intensity and passion is sexy.

I liked the comment about the boots too. So, erm...has anyone noticed Danny's awesome black boots? :lol:

14. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Sadly, I'm almost positive I know exactly the ones he's talking about. I know I've seen them on more than one occasion. *is a dork* I think it's funny he hijacks them from the set and wears them home. :lol:

15. Bunny

Bunny Rookie

Now, don't make me tell you which episode it was, but I think he was wearing what I'd call 'biker boots', they were black and a bit on the heavy side. Although it's sad to say, I only noticed them because I really, really want a pair of those for myself. *coughs* 'Though I don't normally look at his shoes...