Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

It is! I don't understand it! They must have hired new writers and while the SL's are amazing, I miss season 3&4 and their apparent 'non love' for Ryan is really upsetting! lol

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

In fact, they should have been rushed to the hospital after they escaped the fire... they would have been able to catch Calleigh's smoke inhalation in time, not to mention we would have had a chance to see Ryan worried over Calleigh for a change. But no such luck... *pokes TPTB* Let's hope that there's a scene in tonight's episode. *crosses fingers*

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, any good CaRWash last episode? I know it had some good Ryan bits at least.

I agree about the s3 and 4 writers. They could see the great dynamic between our pair. Not sure what is wrong with the current writers :confused:

In an upcoming epi there is going to be a major plot for Ryan- Billy, the kid he was looking out for, is kidnapped and Ryan is forced to contaminate evidence. I hope Cal isn't mad at him, and gives him lots of support. It looks like he will need it!

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

There was a CaRWash scene... it was after the lawyer told Calleigh the evidence she logged out would not be admissible and Ryan walked up to her and asked what happened. Of course, they were separated by a glass wall, but it just made it all the more better. Afterwards, he just went after the guy and ended up handing in his badge and gun, but not before getting the evidence that Calleigh needed. For a small scene, that was pretty loaded...

5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I agreee with you guys, romance or not, their dinamic was awesome! New writers just don't like Ryan.:(
    In an upcoming ep (maybe 7x16) review says that Erics and Calleigh relationships come on next level :( And now i'm asking myself "what next?". How Ryan react, what happen with their friendship? I know he interesting what happen between them, i hope it's jealous :rolleyes: If EC is really happen, i just hope that Calleigh don't forget Ryan and their friendship. I hope tptb don't forget that!:scream:

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I suppose it shows Ryan will do anything for Calleigh, even if it means having to hand in his badge :)
    Well in one way I will be glad when Eric and Cal do get together, im sick of all the will they wont they scenes every epi. I agree Orla, once they are together they need to remember that Cal still has friendships in the department, esp. with Ryan. TPTB shouldn't just drop that.

7. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I think the same :) I was like "Go Ryan! Do it for Calleigh!" :lol:

I'm sick from all EC stuff :( i wanna that was over without Eric and Calleigh getting together :p I prefer Celleigh alone or with Jake but not with Eric :scream: :( I hope when they get together (or tptb drop this line) we see more Ryan development

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Okay folks, a few reminders...

First off. ALL discussion of future episodes NEEDS to be put in spoiler boxes. I know there is a lot of talk and speculation about upcoming spoilers and such, but please keep discussion of future episodes in spoiler boxes.

Second, again, there is a lot of excitement and speculation regarding recent spoilers. Now, not everyone is going to like every ship or pairing, but what we do ask is that you keep the talk of other ships to a minimum. And please be respectful to others who don't ship the same ship as you.

Thank you :D

Back to Calleigh and Ryan

9. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*shuffles in* Sorry I haven't been around... I caught the flu on Friday and stayed sick until this morning. *sniffs* But I'm feeling much better now, even though I still have a lot to catch up on.

Calleigh would most definitely be grateful, but I really wanted her to have a talk with Ryan about it 'cause she wouldn't want him to do that again. I would have liked to have seen her worried about him or talk to him just after he gets his gun and badge back. No such luck though...

10. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

Wow, I come in here and all of a sudden it's interpreting scenes, I love it.

Well, I finally saw Smoke Gets In Your CSI's and Presumed Guilty (the latest episode) and I gotta say, they go above my expectations. In a good way of course.

I thought SGIYC was such a good episode, for both Calleigh/Ryan and Calleigh/Eric. I love how in the beginning when they got to the house, you could easily tell they were flirting. Or maybe it was just me who noticed that, but you could tell that Calleigh upped her accent when she told Ryan that he should drive next time and that he was 'terrible'. Seriously, I was squeeing the entire time.

And that whole entire scene when the house was catching on fire and Ryan carrying the body out, laying his hand on Calleigh's back, oh it was great. This episode really satisfied my craving for CaRWash. Plus, having Alexx back was AWESOME.

'Presumed Guilty' is another story. So we got like..one scene. Maybe two, I don't remember. Am I the only one who totally thought their seperation between a glass wall was adorable? I don't exactly know how to explain it but I think it kind of symbolizes their current relationship and where they stand together. Like..they'res this barrier between them that needs to be broken down. Hm. But yeah, it was cute. I was really glad that it was sort of a break from drama TPTB has been giving us lately.

I know it's seriously wayyyy too early to be talking about this, but I'm kind of excited for the finale..kinda not. Hopefully we get some CaRWash scenes in upcoming episodes that will build up to the finale. And if not..then I guess I'll be reliving season 4 moments when everything was sane.

11. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*plays back scene* Hey, her accent does sound thicker... she only seems to do that around Ryan. Methinks it's 'cause Ryan likes her accent. It's definitely cute though. I'd like to see more scenes like that in the future.

You're not the only one who thought that about the scene... I don't think I could have described it better. It really did seem like there was a barrier between them that's been there since season five. I don't know who's gonna make the first move, but I don't want the barrier to stay up any longer than it has to, but at least the two of them are making an effort. *crosses fingers* Let's hope TPTB let them continue in that direction.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Karu- Glad that you are feeling better. :)
    A scene between the 2 of them would have been wonderful. Cal saying to Ryan that she was concerned about him, and talking to him as a friend, that he should be more careful or he would get fired again! And then maybe a hug..............:devil:

They banter together really well, and it does come across as flirting sometimes. Of all the characters on Miami these 2 have the most lighthearted moments together, and the writers should take more advantage of that.

It does seem that since Ryan was fired they aren't as close as they were, and a kind of barrier has been erected between them. I think Calleigh was really disappointed in Ryan with the whole gambling thing, and she can't quite forgive him, or something. But your right, their relationship does seem to be improving and hopefully soon the barrier will be down and it will be like it used to be, Ahh, the good old days! :)

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Something like that would definitely would have been a big step to bringing down the barriers. But no such luck... *pokes TPTB* You do know that Ryan can still benefit from character development, right? So why not let him have a talk with Calleigh? Come to think of it, a lot of his major talks were with her...

Speaking of the whole gambling thing, I think it was TPTB's way of expanding on Ryan's OCD. I'm taking abnormal psychology and we were talking about OCD in the last lecture. Apparently people with OCD often have stronger impulses and are often compelled to do it because the thought will continue to bother them. I think if Calleigh had a better understanding of what it's like having OCD, I think that she would at least talk to him about and be on her way to forgiving him.

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Have you read Donn Cortez's Miami book, think it is Cut and Run? He refers to Ryan's gambling in terms of his ocd. In it he suggests that Ryan's OCD demands controlling things and situations. And once Ryan started to gamble his ocd took over and he couldn't stop. It would be good if it was mentioned again in an episode. It just kinda disappeared, and now we know Ry is going to Gamblers' Anonymous meetings it would be good if one of them team, particularly Cal asked him how he was doing.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ It would be nice if there was some acknowledgement that Ryan was doing something postive and being proactive in dealing with his problem,but for some reason,that is not the CSI: Miami way. I don't think Ryan's gambling has been bought up by Calleigh(that I can remember) at all.Disappointed or not,you would think it would be discussed. I even know what's going on with some of my co-workers pets.
    I just think TPTB has just dropped the ball on the team's dynamics,especially Calleigh and Ryan..In the earlier seasons, you could see they were co-workers as well as friends,now they are co-workers. In some of the recent episodes, it's been bought up that the team does hang out together at times.It would be nice to see that,to see some really friendly interaction.One of these after hour get togethers may be a perfect time for Cal to ask Ryan how he's doing.