Break down

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Takes place after btk 2, and I hope its ok that I wrote this...if not I'm sorry. I'm kind of new here. I wanted to write the thoughts that Catherine could have...and possibly have a different scenario.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters of CSI.

Catherine walked out of the sleazy motel room unable to process what she had just gone through. Indeed she lacked the knowledge and the remembrance of any event that took place in there. She took a deep breath as she squinted at the sun that was shining on her face. It just did not seem right for the sun to be so bright and unrelenting.

She had called Sara about fifteen minutes ago to meet her at the office of the motel. She wondered if Sara noticed the edge or urgency in her voice when she informed her that she needed help with a crime scene. She asked her to hurry because more than anything Catherine wanted to get home and take another shower. She took a deep breath as she ran a shaky hand through her damp hair. She decided then that she would tell Sara that some attack occurred in room 29, but when she got to the scene no one was there. She just wanted her to print the damn room.

She knew that she should have called Grissom or someone from the crime lab to come and process her crime scene, and to collect the evidence. He would not be too happy with her for taking it upon herself to screw up her own investigation with her possible rape.

Catherine knew that she was known for being strong. She prided herself on being tough, but she realized that this is where she lacked strength. All she wanted to know was what happened to her. Besides that she did not feel she could handle a rape trial if it came to that. She would feel like a failure, and more importantly she felt she let herself down. She closed her eyes trying to not think about it.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, and yet it still stayed there. She felt sick to her stomach, and wished she did not have to put on the same clothes that she wore the night before. A few steps away from the motel office she noticed the “Magic Bed Sign,” and the impact of the possibilities hit her. She felt raw inside.

She opened the door wanting desperately for some peace of mind. She noticed the man behind the counter, and immediately walked over to him. “Hey,” Catherine said to get his attention.

He held up his hand to silence her, and for the first time she did not have the strength to argue. She looked over at the floor near the counter, and her mind flashed back to the night before. Her mouth opened in a sheer panic. She recalled being dragged by someone. She was barely awake, and had no strength to fight.

She did not hear Sara enter into the office because she was still remembering the bit of information. Once the flash back ended, she immediately grabbed at the guy.

“Hey, hold on a minute!”
    “No, I need…do you remember seeing me last night?” Catherine asked in a rush. Her face flushed. She felt like she was going to be sick any minute.

“Well…yeah. Looked to me you were ready to pass out with your boyfriend.” The man acknowledged.
    “What…what did he look like?
    The man just stared at her. “Sorry miss, I don’t remember. Though, you did pay for the room.”

Catherine turned around in disbelief. She needed to get out of there. She nearly collided into Sara. Catherine continued to walk outside to calm down. She needed air.

“Cath…what is going on here?”

Catherine realized then she was just going to have to tell her the truth. “I think someone slipped a date rape drug in my drink. I woke up here, but I don’t remember anything.” She said all at once in a rush. She looked down not wanting to see Sara’s reaction.

“What…Catherine what?” Sara said as she stopped walking.
    “I took my own evidence.”
    “WHAT?”
    “I know it will not hold up in court; I just needed to find out what happened.” Catherine managed to say to her friend.

Sara did not know what to say. She was still trying to process everything Catherine said.

“Can you just print room 29 for me?” “I need to get this stuff to the lab.”

“Sure, anything Cath, but are you okay?” Sara asked just wanting to comfort her friend.
    “Sara…please don’t tell Grissom”
    “O…kay.”
    “Thanks,” Catherine said in a rush. She did not know how to answer her question.

She hopped into the cab, and left to go to the lab. Sara watched her leave and wondered if she should call Warrick.

~~~~~~

“Warrick here,” he announced when he answered his phone.
    “Whoo…whoo take it easy Sara. What’s wrong?” Warrick asked worriedly.

His face fell when Sara told him what Catherine had told her. At that moment he looked up, and saw Catherine round the corner in a daze, but in a hurry.

“She just got here Sara. I will go check up on her in a moment. I’m thinking she is going to want some alone time.”

He hung up his phone, and walked after her. It was obvious she was lost in thought because she nearly collided with two different people. He saw her walk into the lab, and he then decided to enter behind her.

She turned around to shut the door, and was astonished to see him standing there.
    “Warrick, I’m not here really. Can we talk later?” Catherine asked hoping to be alone.
    “No, your not doing this alone Cath.”

Her chin began to quiver because she was trying to hold in all her emotions. She managed to gain control, and told him to leave.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Please continue soon!

3. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Okay heres chapter 2. I hope you all like it...let me know.

Chapter 2

“Warrick seriously…I’m busy and behind, and I just need to be alone.” Catherine said as she looked away from him. She busied her hands by putting on sterile rubber gloves. She turned toward the door when she heard Nick come in snickering to himself. She noticed that he was staring at her.

Catherine became paranoid wondering if everyone knew. She opened her mouth to say something, but remained quiet. She wondered why Sara would tell anyone. She realized then that she only told her not to tell Grissom, but why would she tell Nick? She kind of understood Warrick because they were close, but Nick?

Catherine cleared her throat as she looked in the direction of her fellow co workers. “Seriously, I’m busy here,” Catherine replied as she gave them that knowing look to back off.

Nick obviously did not see it or was too consumed at looking at her with a grin.
    “Nick quit staring at me like that,” Catherine said as she shrugged the weird feeling away.

Warrick sat back and watched the interaction. He wondered what exactly he was missing. Nick seemed amused while Catherine seemed standoffish.

“Yeah, well…umm Catherine you must have had a long night?” Nick stated as he laughed to himself.

“What the heck are you talking about,” Catherine said obviously very offended. She looked like she was ready to throttle him.

She was caught off guard, and Warrick noticed emotion pop out. She ran a shaky hand through her hair. Her chin yet giving her near emotions away. He felt awful for her especially if what Sara said was true then she must be in a complete nightmare. He wanted so much to support and comfort her.

“Cath, you’re in the same clothes that you were in last night! You surely do know how to party girl,” Nick said as he let out a big laugh. He was obviously unaware about what happened after he left the bar with his woman friend.

Catherine looked down at her clothes. She fought desperately with herself not to tear them off. She forgot to go home and change, and now seeing them…she just wanted them off.

“Wait a minute, man did you leave her at the bar last night?” Warrick questioned Nick with a stern look on his face. His jaw was popping as his expression tensed.

“WARRICK,” Catherine said harshly. She now knew that Sara must have said something.

Nick looked from Warrick to Catherine unsure now what he had missed. He did leave her at the bar, but he thought she was okay with that.

“Man, I met an old friend up there. We danced and she wanted to split so I did,” Nick said quietly. His eyes focusing both on Warrick and Catherine. “What happened last night, did I miss something here?” Nick questioned at last.

“You have on the clothes from last night Cath?” Warrick asked out loud.
    “Warrick, back off. Both of you just back off.” Catherine was the one actually taking a few steps backwards.

“Not without your clothes.”
    “What?”
    “I want to process your clothes.” Warrick said at once.
    “No…I’m not giving you my clothes. Sorry Warrick. Just no. Please both of you go.”

Nick was confused but got the idea that something happened to Catherine last night. “Oh my…Cath what happened to you?”

“Nothing, guys…PLEASE!” She could not breathe. She felt the pressure, and realized she was about to crack.

“Fine, I’m going to Grissom.” Warrick threw in knowing he was about to win the battle. He knew this would really push her button. He started to leave the lab, when he heard Catherine call his name.

“No, fine…you want my clothes then they are yours.” She said at once as she started to walk to the locker room. Warrick followed her leaving Nick behind. Nick stood back pondering over everything.

Catherine pushed open the locker room door with full force, and luckily no one was near the other side of the door otherwise they would have felt her full wrath at that moment, and it would have not been pleasant.

Catherine stripped off her dress in front of Warrick. He stood there trying not to look at her, but then again it was hard. She was just beautiful even if she was angry. She threw the dress at him, and it nearly hit him in the face. She stood there in her slip wanting to fight. She just did not want to feel the way she did.

“Cath…the slip to, and well of course your under garments as well.”
    “Leave Warrick. I’m not changing in front of you.”

“Fine!” was all he said as he turned around.

“Unbelievable. Are you kidding me?” Catherine shouted as she took the remainder of her clothes off, and grabbed some spare clothes out of her locker. She hurriedly got dressed, and wrapped her undergarments within the slip.

“You dressed?”

He received no answer. He was unsure if he should turn around until he heard her crying. He turned around, and she had her back to him. Her hands were covering her face. He walked up behind her not knowing if he should place his hands on her shoulders, but he did anyhow.

4. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

Yes, so good! I'm "waiting" for next chapter :D

5. MacsGirlMel

argh please post more soon!

6. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Ok...thanks for the encouragement!!! Here's chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Do you want to talk about it?” Warrick questioned easily. He knew she needed to talk, but did not know if she would feel comfortable telling him.

“No!” Catherine said sharply. She began to pace around in the room. “Sorry, I just…I can’t remember anything. I don’t know who…who took me there. I don’t know what was done to me, and more importantly I just want to pretend…pretend nothing happened.” She was still pacing, but the emotions were there. Her chin began to quiver, and then it all came flowing out.

Warrick walked over to her, and wrapped his arms around her shaking body. Her eyes began to flood with tears. She cried on his shoulder clawing at his arms for support. She felt so weak, and needed his support.

“What…what did he do to me? I was in the bar. He said he was going to help me to get fresh air. We walked outside, and a van was waiting….” Catherine could not finish what she was about to say. She immediately lost it, and lost all the feelings in her legs. She cried out loud, and Warrick realized she could no longer support herself standing. He let them fall easily down to the ground as he cradled her in his arms.

He had never seen her upset like this before. Catherine was not one to get emotional; she kept everything inside. Even when her ex husband died she did not allow anyone to comfort her. She was so upset she began to dry heave.

“Take some deep breaths Cath.” Warrick said as he pushed her hair out of her face. He grabbed a waste basket just in case he needed it.

Her breathing began to normalize, and her body began to relax a little.

“Two,” was all she could say.
    “Two…what”
    “There were two guys. Another guy was driving the van.”

~~~~~~

Catherine left the locker room, and began to process the evidence she collected. She sent her urine sample to Hodges to see if and drug reminisces were left. She also reluctantly gave him her vaginal swabbing to find out if any spermicidal fluid was found on the sample.

She just needed to wait on the remaining two items to find out if her rape kit would come back negative. Her vaginal swabbing had already come back negative for sperm. She took a deep breath and left to pick up Lindsey from her play.

7. MacsGirlMel

Please post more soon!

8. toomuchovertime

toomuchovertime CSI Level Two

Nicely done. Go on, please.

9. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet

10. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Alright...hope this is good. Let me know.

Chapter 4

She was running late, and worried about how upset Lindsey was going to be with her. She took a deep breathe when she turned the corner to head to her daughter’s school. Her cell phone vibrated an incoming text message. It was from Hodges stating that her test came back negative for spermacide; however, the urine sample proved that she had been drugged. She took a sigh of relief, and thought just maybe her day was beginning to get better.

She pulled into the school parking lot, and noticed the police lights immediately. She jumped out of her car running up to the front of the school. She was a few minutes late, and she hoped all the attention from the police was not a result of something else that was horrific.

She was in full sprint when Gil stepped in front of her path, and took the impact of their bodies colliding. He held her back. Her mind was going wild and she could not fathom why he was holding her back. Her face tensed with sheer panic, and she began to fight him.

He continued to hold her back which just reminded her of how weak she actually was. She was supposed to be strong, and capable of protecting herself as well as her daughter. “Let go of me Gil! Where is Lindsey?” Catherine immediately questioned. Her chest was rising and fallen from the energy she had used to try and fight him off.

“I was about to call you. Someone witnessed a kidnapping, and they described Lindsey as the…victim,” Gil said softly. He knew this was not going to go over well with her.

“No…they are wrong. She’s still inside. Don’t ever refer to her as a victim,” Catherine said with frustration. She again tried to break free from Grissom. She lost the battle again.

“LET ME GO!”
    “No, I can’t let you interfere with the crime scene Cath,” Gil said with compassion in his eyes.
    “LINDSEY…LINDSEY, baby can you hear me.” Catherine screamed out loud as her eyes filled with tears. She kicked at Grissom because he still would not let go of her. “LET ME GO,” she shrieked at him. She put up another big fight, and still to no avail she lost.

Sara was processing the scene and noticed immediately when Catherine arrived. Her heart went out to her as she witnessed the struggle she gave Grissom. Of course she knew he would over power her, but at the same time she knew that was the last thing Catherine needed.

“Cath we have already looked inside the school. Her theater teacher said she came outside to wait for you.”

“No…not possible.”
    “Cath…I need you to think for me okay?” She looked at him then realizing that she needed to do whatever necessary to find her daughter.

“Good...Do you know who would have done this? Can you tell me anything pertinent about Lindsey’s…disappearance?”

“I don’t know why someone would take her.” She said as she started to cry. She then looked back up at him and told him everything that happened to her that morning.

~~~~~

Catherine was beside herself with every emotion possible. She felt guilty because she was late. She felt guilty because she cared more about finding out about herself instead of watching her daughter’s rehearsal. She was consumed with maternal worry for the only daughter she had. The daughter that she had taken for granted because of the job she had. More than anything all she wanted to do was hold her. Wrap her arms around her delicate body. She wished she could fight with her about boys, fight about anything really. All she wanted was to see her beautiful daughter again.

It had already been a few days since someone had taken Lindsey from her. She could not sleep, eat, or basically function. She could not work on the case, but that did not keep her away.

She was at work when she got the phone call from her father. She was looking at the crime scene photos and notes wanting to find her baby. Her phone startled her thought process when it rang.

“Hello.”
    “Cath…honey its Sam. I just received a tape from what appears to be from the kidnappers.”
    “What?” “I’m on my way!” She barely gave her father enough time to say that he was already in her work parking lot.

It was a very slow night, and the whole crew was working on the kidnapping of Lindsey. When the word got around about Sam and the video tape, everyone met up in the video analysis room.

Grissom hit play, and immediately everyone saw Lindsey who was tied down on a bed face up. Catherine’s heart lurched forward, and she began to shake. She could not manage to talk.

It looked like Lindsey was asleep or had passed out. Catherine could not get the vision out of her head. Of course, neither could the others. This had now turned personal for everyone in the room. Sam had balled both of his hands by his side. His face was tense, but there was sorrow in his eyes.

All of a sudden the camera changed focus, and a man in a ski mask was revealed. “Sam I’m demanding a million dollars for ransom or your beautiful grand child will no longer exist. Sure would be a shame to have something so pretty be wasted. Until then I shall have my fun.”

Catherine’s mouth opened, and a small cry escaped out. The screen went blank, and everyone stared at the ants on the screen. The room was completely quiet when the camera had obviously started back up.

The lighting was horrible, but it was obvious that it was focused on someone. They all saw what appeared to be a man raping a girl. Catherine gasped out loud, and went into a full blown panic attack. Warrick, Grissom and Sara rushed over to her as she fell down.

Nick and Greg continued staring at the screen in shock. The only one that seemed to be paying attention to the screen was Sam. “Wait, something does not seem right.”

That seemed to get everyone’s attention. All eyes focused back on the screen. “The room is different,” Sam said to everyone. His eyes were trying harder to focus on the poor quality of the video.

The man in the video got up off the bed which left a clearer shot of the person who was attacked. The video was in bad shape, but Sam noticed the detail first. “This is a woman, it’s not Lindsey. I mean the video is fuzzy, but that is a woman.”

11. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

Huh? So where's Lindsey?? :confused:
    That's great, write more please :D

12. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

~~~~~~~~

Grissom walked closer to the screen, and agreed with Sam. “Your right, this is a woman lying on her stomach.” Grissom continued staring at the screen. “This isn’t the same room either.”

Catherine walked over to the screen with a tear streaked face. She did not even care that they all saw her vulnerable side. She rubbed her hands through her hair, and tried to study the screen, but it was so fuzzy. Though she did see what Grissom noticed. Something about it made her skin crawl, but she also had been through a lot lately. “I don’t understand where is Lindsey?”

“I’m not sure, but this is a completely different crime altogether,” Grissom said in confusion. “However, a crime committed by the same person.”

“But, what does this have to do with Lindsey?” Catherine asked at once. Her body began to shake again.

“I think her kidnapper is basically threatening Sam if he doesn’t get his ransom. If Sam doesn’t deliver this might be something that Lindsey will suffer?” Grissom said as he stared at Catherine.

“Can we get this more in focus?” Catherine asked Grissom. She stared at the screen hoping that it would give them something else. Anything to help them find her daughter.
    “I’m not sure, Greg what do you think? Grissom asked as he looked in Greg’s direction.

“Oh…yeah totally! Just give me a moment to tweak the color enhancers and high definition,” Greg said as he worked his magic.

Sara excused herself from the room to grab a cup of coffee. Greg hollered after her asking for her to bring him a coke. “Now let me adjust the tracking, and we should get a clearer picture.”

Catherine was talking to Grissom about the tape when the picture became sharper. “There has to be some sort of connection here,” she said as she focused her attention back to the screen. Catherine’s face fell. At first it was only evident to Catherine who the woman was that was lying face down on the bed. The room was all too familiar because it was the room that she had woken up in a few days ago.

“We have a female, red-blonde hair,” Grissom retorted. He was still unaware who it was.
    “No, turn it off,” Catherine said lightly. She did not want to seem over the top, but she wanted it off the TV.
    “Cath…this is our only lead to Lindsey.”

“I said turn it off,” Catherine said as her face began to turn white. Luckily for her the room was dark.

Greg was about to turn it off when the man returned back into the spotlight of the film. He had brought some items with him, and set them on the night stand next to the bed. He then turned the woman over on her back. Her face was now hidden from the camera because her attacker was in the way.

Catherine had walked away from the television. She paced the floor trying not to show any emotion. She wanted desperately to wake up from this recurring nightmare. She turned and looked over at her father who had walked closer to the TV. She closed her eyes, and the tears fell down her face silently.

“What on earth? What is this guy doing?” Greg asked as he shook his head in confusion.
    “He’s destroying all the evidence by washing her,” Grissom said bluntly. The anger evident in his voice.
    “What?” Sam asked not understanding.
    “He is getting rid of any trace evidence, and after everything is said and done the rape kit will come back negative.”
    “He just committed the perfect rape,” Grissom said at last as he shook his head in frustration.

The assailant then turned and walked away from the woman. Grissom and Greg stood there not to sure what to say or do. Greg looked over at Grissom. Nick and Warrick looked at each other in shock. The air grew heavy in the room, and the quietness brought out how everyone felt.

Warrick and Nick walked up to Grissom and Greg. “This guy will not get away with this,” Warrick demanded. He kicked a chair, and it went crashing into the wall. Nick stood their quietly with guilt written all over his face. He felt responsible. If only he had stayed behind. He tried to think back and remember if he noticed anyone paying close attention to Catherine. He sighed to himself realizing that usually when they went to a bar together a guy would notice her. It was not unusual for her to get attention.

Grissom remained calm still staring at Catherine on the screen. She was starting to wake up a bit, but she was still drugged heavily. The thin sheet was covering her, but you could tell she was naked. She was so defenseless. The guy walked back to her, and he lowered his head to kiss her on the cheek. She turned her head away from her attacker, and put her arms in front of her to shield him away from her. He grabbed her wrists and pinned them both beside her head. Catherine was too weak to fight back. He whispered something in her ear and then kissed her on the cheek.

Grissom’s jaw popped and pulsed. He hated having to watch this, but knew that everything on this tape could be evidence to find Lindsey.

Recognition also registered on Sam’s face. He turned and looked at his daughter who was now a complete mess. Her hands trying desperately to hide her deeply reddened face because she suppressed herself from crying. However, now she had no control. He knew she heard the conversation, and saw the video. He turned back to the TV, and his anger was apparent seeing his daughter like that. Being hurt like that. He walked over to his daughter, and dropped on his knees next to her, and cradled her. She let him comfort her.

Greg noticed a change in scenery when the video flickered. He pointed to the screen, and shouted to Grissom. “Looks like we are back to where Lindsey is being held,” Greg said at once. The same man that attacked Catherine was walking over to Lindsey. He then looked up at the camera and delivered another message to Sam. “Next time it will be your granddaughter. Make sure you have the money ready for me by noon tomorrow."

Sam closed his eyes trying to shove his anger aside. His body was vibrating with fury. He looked down at Catherine trying to find some calmness with in him, but it just reminded him what the bastard did to his daughter. He stood back up, and Catherine looked up at him.

His face was masked with anger. His jaw bone tensed multiple times as he left the room. “No…Sam…no,” Catherine hollered after him. He continued walking away from her. “DAD…PLEASE…don’t do this,” Catherine pleaded.

Sam stopped where he was and turned around. She had called him Dad.

13. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

14. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

awww I like this story, please continue! :)

15. MacsGirlMel

Yes, please? Soon?