"Bloodsport" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Yes Sandy Cory rides again...sorry I get excited when someone recognizes the coach as being from Another World.....

2. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I felt exactly the same at the "Mr Stokes" comments. Also.. that Lawyer.. she must have the worst job ever defending all these guys who give complete confession after she tells them to shut up! :lol:

3. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Yes I totally agree, an excellent line - and rightly chosen for Ray to say too. :thumbsup:

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

He killed him and had no remorse becaue he was a self centered weasel and only was interested in ME ME ME, so killing him meant nothing to him. An act of revenge. And I thought from the onset that Nick and Ray were very suspicious of him. Nick told him to "cut the crap' when he was going on and on about pyscho babble, on the football field and how Nick narrowed his eyes, I was going "HMMM Nick doesn't belive him, Ray too" ~

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Nick knew that the kid killed the coach. I think he just thought he was telling the truth about the girl, which he actually was.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think Cockroaches was the first ep he fired a gun in the tank.

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Ah. I've seen that one only once quite sometime ago. I remember disliking it. Perhaps that's why I don't recall that, I blocked everything out:lol:

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Releasing from tack feel free to continue the discussion. ;)

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Was that a 'White Strips" tune playing in the background when Ray, Hodges and Wendy were going through the contents of the garbage? Or if not, who was it?

10. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Sometimes i don't get why they need to make a connection between two different cases but this time i like it. The opening was cliff-hanging.
    Good to see Doc never loses his enthusiasm. Enthusiasm... just remembered a scene Grissom said that word. I was thinking i don't miss Griss but who am i kidding? Of course i miss him. Anyway that is not the subject, sorry.

I need to agree with Cat about the football players , go woman!

I like the scene with Hodges and Ray in Archie's lab. The writers is using that little detail very well when they DO NOT put Greg there. Ray's face was so funny.

Greg fired a gun and still not carrying one.:cool: Good screentime.

Nick was tired? He seems very serious sometimes. Is it a side effect after all the things happened to him and the team ? Or was it George? I hope everything is ok with GE.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

"I Think I Smell A Rat" by The White Stripes. So, yes.

I liked this episode. I just kind of watched it because it was OnDemand and I was bored, but I think I might start watching CSI on Thursdays again. I didn't intentionally stop watching, I just haven't really been bothering to watch it.

And, of course, I grinned at the Wendy/Hodges stuff.

12. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I got a little bit bored during the episode, but it wasn't a bad one. Just a little predictable. A knew Calvin had killed the coach -he had the best motive- and that the cases would be connected the minute the pizza guy article appeared.

While watching, I got the feeling that I've seen this episode many times before, just with different situations/cases. I know that after watching CSI for ten years, it's bound to happen, but I wish the writers gave us more glimpses into their character's personal lives, so the episodes aren't only about the cases and the forensics.

I stopped caring about the science many years ago and the only reason I watch the shows are the characters, so I'm afraid I'll stop watching -again- if there aren't character-centric episodes this season. Just not about Ray, please. :scream: I could even watch a Catherine or Nick-centric episodes and I couldn't care less about those two, --I'm really that desperate for some character moments. :shifty:

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well, this is where the powers that be are caught in a bit of a conundrum. I care about the characters, but am turned off whenever they head in a soapish direction; I prefer the science-driven episodes. One of the reasons I liked this episode was because it focused more on the case. So, no matter what they do, they're not going to please all the fans all the time. Just the way it is.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

For me, it's the opposite. I love the episodes that focus on the science, but yet have small character moments - and this episode had that, with Nick & Sara in the morgue, Doc & Nick in the morgue, and even Cath & Sara sitting together in the breakroom at the beginning of a scene as Greg arrives to go over the case. There was no dialogue between them in that short couple seconds, but the image spoke volumes. And how about Brass' great one-liners throughout the episode? And Hodges & Wendy going through the garbage, as they had great banter between them and Wendy finally trumped Hodges' find. They all add up to great character moments, yet the focus was on the case and the evidence.

I lost interest in seasons 6, 7 & 8 particularly because the shows focused mainly on the characters and had too many personal storylines so we lost out on what this show is supposed to be about - the forensic science. Yes, the characters are key to the show, but I thought that the greatest character moments right from the beginning were the little subtle tidbits of information we'd learn about them each time out, not the full-blown stories revolving around them.

15. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I lost interest in those seasons too, but for other reasons --mainly because I was a GSR fan only in fanfiction and I didn't like how Sara was portrayed once they decided to go down that route--, so I see why many fans wouldn't want character-driven seasons, but after ten years of science and cases, it's extremely difficult for me to find an episode that grabs my attention only for the case. I need a little bit more.

I feel that almost everything has been said and done and I have no interest in watching episodes only for the science because the writers don't make an effort to make it interesting or different. It's just the same cases over and over and I have --as a viewer-- given the show countless oportunities, so even though I probably sound too demanding, I'm having again the feeling that I'll lose interest in the season if this is all they are going to give us. Because I've been there before several times and every time I've tried to be patient and a good fan, but in the end I'm the kind of viewer that wants more personal stories. And no, I don't mean soapish plots or too much drama, I mean little details, like what happened to Catherine's --I can't believe I'm asking for Catherine-centric stories, I used to hate them-- and Brass' daughters? how's Greg coping with everything --we saw glimpses in the premiere, so I hope there's more to come--? is Nick capable or feeling something after being buried alive and Warrick's death and going on like Superman? did Sara's demons magically disappeared? Having characters in the breakroom sharing a meal doesn't qualify as personal time, IMO.

The show is still doing good in the ratings, so I guess I'm in the minority, or one of the few that wanted a different show and lost the faith after Grissom left, but who is still watching.