"Bloodsport" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

No Greg has fired a gun before, last season a couple of times. I think the first time was in season 8 actually.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Really? Do you remember which episodes? I don't doubt you, I just can't remember which ones. :)

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

Not sure if this has already been commented on, but something I enjoyed was that brief shot of Catherine and Sara eating lunch together in the breakroom. It is so nice to see those two being friends, not competing with one another.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked that scene too. :)

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Ditto.
    Plus the scene in the morgue where Sara pats Nick on the shoulder. :)
    More thoughts:

Always love seeing Greg and Sara work a case.
    Loved seeing Mandy; said she hasn't had much to do these last few weeks. We know!
    I wondered if Sara had any flashback of trying to break a car window under water, as in Dead Doll.
    A good, solid episode. The opening 'zombie' scene was a little much, but it is Halloween, so I'll give 'em a pass. :)

BTW, Happy Halloween, everyone, and be safe!

6. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't notice that Sara patted Nick on the back. I must have looked down for a second and missed that. :lol:

7. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Wow what a fantasic episode. A great use of all characters (except Archie).

I thought about the Ray solving the case thing that a few people were annoyed about, but really, if you watch the episode again - Nick solved the case practically. It was only once the items where found, that the evidence pointed them back to the killer.

I know it's nick-picking, but I wasn't that upset that Ray got to do the final interview, considering that Greg and Sarah, Nick and Catherine and the Lab rats all got a lot of screen time, I was quite happy with the balance with Ray.

Sarah is just fantastic at the moment, really she's on fire. Even in the small scenes she is in, she gives this season a much needed breath of fresh air (I know I've said that a few times now) but I seriously mean it. When I see her name on the episode, I really look forward to watching it.

Okay about Ray, well, it does seem like they have pulled him back a bit. Let's face it, he was doing a lot more grunt work then usual, and maybe because he was the one who (with the lab rats of course) found the murder weapon (that Nick had already hypothesised, that Nick or Catherine decided to let him do the interview. Could be that because Nick has already pretty much made up his mind that the Killer was telling the truth, that he decided that another CSI should conduct the final interview.

I also love and continue to love Brass. Someone else said, he never fails to amuse, and absolutely spot on, he is a legend. Along with Doc R. Even David's small scene was very well acted.

I was very impressed that they had 2 suspects both of which we kinda knew were guilty, and they ended twisting the crimes around - it was very nicely done. Because of that, I gave it a 10/10.

Oh yes, the lunch scene, very small but really nice to see.

More like this please!

Z
    :p

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

i give bloodsports a 8.8/10

like everyone said before-ENOUGH with the related cases, it's sooo getting on the nerves
    and everyone seemed to have more equal screen time:thumbsup:
    less ray *do the happy dance* fish must have been filming the crossover at the time
    sara and greg working a case together:thumbsup:and the nemo comment
    cath and sara having lunch together:thumbsup:, but i wish we could have heard a little conversation between just the 2 of them
    ray calling catherine the boss:thumbsup:, there's been some times when im not sure whose the boss
    more catherine scenes, finally
    wedges-wendy and hodges, my mom was like"oh my, their having lunch together", and wendy got some more screen time finally, she's hardly had any this season so far
    mandy-good to see her again:thumbsup: wished we could have seen a nick/many scene, i want to see him sing to her again
    underwater someone getting shot-that's kinda a new one
    the coach all bloody and zombie-like when he woke and he's getting around, wow that's kind of freaky, but hey it does go with halloween
    ray talking about his childhood- i did like that
    super dave also liked him talking about his past
    ray and hogdes in the a/v room (man wheres archie) what did the hodges to ray "how can i help you", "how may help you" or something like that that, ray was probably thinking 'by not being annoying for starters' but that's hodges:lol:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'll do you one better. I remember him from the soap opera, "Another World", circa 1982. :lol:

I thought this one was just okay. The lines seemed a little...flat...at times. Not sure what it was...just seemed off.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] another great episode this season so far has been awesome. we missed the very first part, but my analysis of this episode.

The special effects on this show are incredible and must cost a fortune. The car being dragged out of the lake. Sara: "Did you find Nemo"? Greg: "Not unless Nemo was a Bemo":lol: They work so great together. The corpse "Sara: "She's been in here for a long time" GROSS:( Jorja looked so pretty.;)

Brass with the kid asking questions about Coach Miller & the Mustangs~

Cath a bit suspicious on Al and finding the key under the rock~

Doc & Nick : "A lot of rage here" Doc describing the wounds & comparing them to a hard boiled egg. Nick: "Thank's for runing another breakfast for me" Doc: "That's what I do" the Zombie comparison:eek:

Greg and Sara going over the car, and find the gun. It was nice to see Mandy again~

Cath looking through the coaches' house and finding all his trophies, and Ray joining her and explaining football~

Brass and the kid and him saying he stole the football, but where was the missing trophy?

Sara and Doc. the glass stuck in her throat. Nick walks in thinks he knows what happened, and Sara patting him on the back so cute;)

Hodges and Ray and the shoe size 12. 5 had that size and four were gone. leaving it to be Calvin the great football player of the team~They go over his e-mails and find the connection to the dead boy Andrew and Paige, the hooker~

Nick and Ray talking to him again on the football field, both seemed suspicious of him~

Sara and Greg and the experiement~

Brass talking to Al at the BBQ he goes "I don't like your attitude" Brass goes 'Yeah, I get that alot":lol:

Sara and Greg back at the lake and finding the clothes hidden in the bushes~

Brass with Calvin [the lying little weasel]:evil:

Hodges and Wendy going to the dump truck gross and of course Hodges finding the missing trophy and Wendy finding the shoe size 12~

Ray and Calvin, who brutally bludgeoned him to death horrific, the self centered little bastard telling him about the hooker Paige and how she meant nothing and the Coach didn't keep his end of the bargain. Scouts were calling him on playing football for them but he decided to stay with the Mustangs another year. He could feel his future slippng away cause the coach was not letting him play. "God didn't put us on this earth to be losers, but not suckers either" Ray: "Did you think, it's not all about you, C Miller knew about the girl and the dead kid & it was hard living with that hypocrisy"

Calvin: "I was loooking out for myself, & am not going to apologize for that, if CM were here he'd say "Calvin you have to take responsibility for you actions, so that's what I'm doing, I owe him that much"

Ray: "Then you did learn something"

The whole team was in this except Ecklie and Archie so I hope that all the fans are happy with that. Lots of Greg and Nick. It was an exceptional episode as always I give it an A+ good job writers:bolian:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  11. GregNickRyanFan

I forgot to mention that part. I loved it when Brass said that... made me chuckle cause he does get that a lot. :lol:

Something that struck me as odd: Calvin gets squeamish and grossed out when Nick showed him the pics of the girl's rotted corpse, but yet he was able to bludgeon his coach to death without getting sick? :shifty:

I did love what Ray said to him at the end though about how it wasn't about Calvin, but about the fact that looking at Calvin reminded the coach of his own hypocrisy. That was a good line and a very good point.

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Maybe Calvin wasn't 'there' when he beat up Coach. He could have been in a berserker mode or something. Or perhaps he was just acting disgusted to cover himself. He was pretty convincing. Nick was fooled by him after all. I was too.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Heh. I knew something was off when he called Nick "Mr. Stokes". I dunno what it was, but that struck me as really odd. Must have been the way he said it. :lol:

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

15. GregNickRyanFan