Best Season of CSI: Miami

My fav season of CSI:Miami is... well, it's more than one :p

I loved Season 7, it was filled with action and great storylines, although I'd like to see more storylines of Natalia and Frank. E/C finally make it :D Eric shirtless :drool::drool:
I hope next season will see Ryan shirtless too :drool:

I also loved Season 5 'cause of the same reasons :p Well, withouth E/C and Eric's things that happenned in S7 :lol:

PS- It wasn't s6 that I wanted to write, it was season 5 :lol:

Last edited:
Agian, & I think I'll always say......s2, definetely! :thumbsup:

S7 surely was far better than s6, but still there are too many thing which make me say "please bring back Tim & his storylines".
Also I miss too much the scientific part & the team spirit that I think nobody can deny s2 was the best one in terms of team spirit ;)

Not to mention that I loved Suzie & Maddison & oh boy I miss Tylor & his moments w/ our CSIs.

I do think that s2 was the maximum point of CSI:Miami & even if s3 & the second part of s1 were almost at the same level, s2 takes the piece of cake from me :thumbsup:

As for s4 & s6 I won't even discuss them since I didn't see any point in both of them.
s5 was quite good, but that's when my problems began :p

s7, again, was much better than s6, but still they went on w/ some problems & I do think that sooner or later, they must solve them, if they want keep viewers watching the show ;)

Agian, & I think I'll always say......s2, definetely! :thumbsup:

S7 surely was far better than s6, but still there are too many thing which make me say "please bring back Tim & his storylines".
Also I miss too much the scientific part & the team spirit that I think nobody can deny s2 was the best one in terms of team spirit ;)

I've to agree with you in that, gosh, how I miss that but, I guess those times are from the past and I think [i really really hope not] they [the writers] won't bring it back :(

I've to agree with you in that, gosh, how I miss that but, I guess those times are from the past and I think [i really really hope not] they [the writers] won't bring it back :(
OFC, now, it would be ridiculous to bring back a ghost :lol:, but you never know considering writers :p

Ok kidding, let's just stay that whenever I see a few aspects of the show I don't like, I wish Tim was still alive so that he could smack his friends on the head :lol:

OFC, now it would be ridiculous to bring back a ghost :lol:, but you never know considering writers :p

Ok kidding, let's just stay that whenever I see a few aspects of the show I don't like, I wish Tim was still alive so that he could smack his friend on the head :lol:

Actually I wasn't talking about Speed :lol: I was talking 'bout team sprit, BREAK ROOMS :adore: you know, those things...

Season 7 is definitely my favorite season!!:thumbsup: There were some great storylines, great cases, interesting twists, and EC finally happened ;). Last season it was like 1 good episode, two meh episodes, not this season. There were some really strong episodes throughout the whole year. Number two in my list is a tie between season 2 and 3, I really can't decide. There were some great storylines throghout those two seasons. For number three is either season 1 or season 6, then season 5, and season 4 is definitely my least favorite (that's were Miami lost all it's poor, latin, middle-class citizens :rolleyes:).

csifann1
I was talking 'bout team sprit, BREAK ROOMS :adore: you know, those things...

Yes, please a break room scene!!!! Did CSI's stop eating :p????

I agree with florry becouse season 2 was the best!! This is the only one that I have on DVD actually.For me the team with speed ,Eric and calleigh will always be the best.Their banter,friendship and wit was one of a kind.And Horatio was conected to them as well.

I like season 7 as well.And yeah not only becous e of E/C becouse a lot of things improved.Ryan became a favorite of mine becouse I can see that he has grown a lot.And they toned down super H a bit.

Season 2, hands-down. And not because Speed was there (because obviously I'm a fan of his character) but because like Florry said, the team interaction and overall atmosphere of them was the best out of every season -- at least in my eyes. It felt like they really caught their stride in this season, despite what some of the cast have said where they claim seasons 4-6 were when the show really caught its stride. :wtf: Matter of opinion I guess. :lol:

The show also didn't take itself incredibly seriously yet handled tragic storylines with grace ('Slow Burn', 'Wannabe', 'Witness to Murder' to name a few) while keeping in line with the CSI formula and science.

Character storylines also held a lot of substance -- Calleigh and her father in 'The Best Defense', Yelina and Horatio with the Ray storyline in 'Big Brother', Speedle in 'Wannabe', Eric in 'Extreme', and Tripp in 'Bait'. It seemed like almost everyone got something to work with in season 2, even if it was something small. The only downside to this is Alexx didn't seem to benefit from the amount of character development being passed around but that's not to dismiss her overall presence in the season as a whole because she was there quite a bit. Horatio was also human, so that's a plus.

Another thing I liked about season 2, is we had a lot of episodes either starting out at night or having night scenes in them. For example, 'Blood Brothers', 'Death Grip', 'Big Brother', 'Bait', 'Extreme', 'Blood Moon', 'Slow Burn', 'Invasion', 'The Oath', and 'MIA/NYC - Nonstop'. I know the team works on the day shift but it was nice to see that the sun does set in Miami. :p

There were also a lot of Case Bs which were good for exploring more ideas, adding a bit of humour and/or simplicity to level out the Case A and allowing the actors to participate more predominantly in each episode. We seem to have missed out on that as the seasons progressed.

The last thing that made season 2 the best season for me was that the victims were overall the center of the episodes, whereas I feel now the victims are more of a catalyst to the character drama and are quickly forgotten until the confessions begin or someone gets put into cuffs...if that makes sense. There are times now when I watch the show, I completely forget who the initial victim was.

Oh and an honorable mention: Not every episode started out at a party. :p

That said, while there were probably some faults with season 2, it was just an overall more enjoyable season to watch than anything before or after, for me. Seasons 4-5 were a bit of a blur to me and right now I probably couldn't even tell you based on episode name, what those episodes were even about, lol but I felt seasons 6 and 7 were definitely an improvement.

There were actually quite a few episodes in season 7 that reminded me why I loved and watched this show in the first place. Some episodes that reinforced this was 'Chip/Tuck', 'Gone Baby Gone', 'Sink or Swim', 'Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing', 'Won't Get Fueled Again', 'Head Case' and 'Tipping Point'. :) This was definitely a memorable season.

Long story short, season 2 was the best for me but season 7 was a lot of fun.

I cant comment on s7, because I haven't seen it. I think s3 was my favourite. It had some good stories and wasn't quite as glossy as it became later on. I first started watching in s4 and then went back to 3. I enjoy s1 and 2 but they are so unlike the later series that I wasn't used to the style!
s6 definitely my least favourite. Stupid storylines and not enough Ryan.

Season 2, hands-down. And not because Speed was there (because obviously I'm a fan of his character) but because like Florry said, the team interaction and overall atmosphere of them was the best out of every season -- at least in my eyes. It felt like they really caught their stride in this season, despite what some of the cast have said where they claim seasons 4-6 were when the show really caught its stride. :wtf: Matter of opinion I guess. :lol:

The show also didn't take itself incredibly seriously yet handled tragic storylines with grace ('Slow Burn', 'Wannabe', 'Witness to Murder' to name a few) while keeping in line with the CSI formula and science.

Character storylines also held a lot of substance -- Calleigh and her father in 'The Best Defense', Yelina and Horatio with the Ray storyline in 'Big Brother', Speedle in 'Wannabe', Eric in 'Extreme', and Tripp in 'Bait'. It seemed like almost everyone got something to work with in season 2, even if it was something small. The only downside to this is Alexx didn't seem to benefit from the amount of character development being passed around but that's not to dismiss her overall presence in the season as a whole because she was there quite a bit. Horatio was also human, so that's a plus.

Another thing I liked about season 2, is we had a lot of episodes either starting out at night or having night scenes in them. For example, 'Blood Brothers', 'Death Grip', 'Big Brother', 'Bait', 'Extreme', 'Blood Moon', 'Slow Burn', 'Invasion', 'The Oath', and 'MIA/NYC - Nonstop'. I know the team works on the day shift but it was nice to see that the sun does set in Miami. :p

There were also a lot of Case Bs which were good for exploring more ideas, adding a bit of humour and/or simplicity to level out the Case A and allowing the actors to participate more predominantly in each episode. We seem to have missed out on that as the seasons progressed.

The last thing that made season 2 the best season for me was that the victims were overall the center of the episodes, whereas I feel now the victims are more of a catalyst to the character drama and are quickly forgotten until the confessions begin or someone gets put into cuffs...if that makes sense. There are times now when I watch the show, I completely forget who the initial victim was.

That said, while there were probably some faults with season 2, it was just an overall more enjoyable season to watch than anything before or after, for me.
Oh gosh I thought I knew almost everything about s2, but thank god you're here so that I didn't have to make the effort of summing up my thoughts.

You practically said everything I was going to say :lol:

After reading speed_cochrane's post I think I'm breaking my tie for second place and putting season two as number 2 :lol:. You made a believer out of me ;). That was some great detailing :thumbsup:. Season two was definitely a great season :)

I can't pick just one. I have to say seasons 2, 3, & 4 were the best for me. I liked season 2 for the reasons Geni already picked apart - can't say it any better. Season 3 was mostly because of Ryan. The introduction was refreshing & it was a change in the face of Miami which I actually find to be pretty enjoyable. Same goes for season 4. The season had a new feel to it & again I like new refreshing faces. Looking back, these 3 seasons were like the introduction to the entire cast so that's why I chose them. I would have included season 1 but I always felt like they were still trying to get into the groove of thier characters then & season 2 pulled them off much nicer.

That said, while there were probably some faults with season 2, it was just an overall more enjoyable season to watch than anything before or after, for me. Seasons 4-5 were a bit of a blur to me and right now I probably couldn't even tell you based on episode name, what those episodes were even about, lol but I felt seasons 6 and 7 were definitely an improvement.

There were actually quite a few episodes in season 7 that reminded me why I loved and watched this show in the first place. Some episodes that reinforced this was 'Chip/Tuck', 'Gone Baby Gone', 'Sink or Swim', 'Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing', 'Won't Get Fueled Again', 'Head Case' and 'Tipping Point'. :) This was definitely a memorable season.

Long story short, season 2 was the best for me but season 7 was a lot of fun.

Wow! Season 2 is my favorite and there is absolutely no way I can improve on what speed_cochrane wrote. Right now I'm giving her a standing ovation! :beer:

Man, this is so tough! It's between seasons 1, 2 and 3 but man it's hard to pick.

I guess I'll go with s1 because Horatio was at his best there, imo. Although s2 and s3 is when the team actually felt more like a team.

Back