Becoming a Forensic

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by JamesiBoi, Apr 23, 2007.

1. grissom4ever

grissom4ever Rookie

Hi James. You seem to be in a position i was in not so long ago. Basically i got my GCSE's and went to do A levels which i hated and left half way through. After doing a various course, mostly sports & fitness related i decided i wanted to go into forensic science.

I went to my local college and found out they did Access to Higher Education courses. They are 1 year long rather than 2 years like A levels and are much much easier to pass.

I only needed 45% which is the minimum to pass. Luckily i got 60% overall and have just finished my first year at John Moores University in Liverpool. I am 23 this year so it is never too late.

Hope i have helped & best of luck!

:)

2. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Yeah, I can see why they prefer Chemistry, but Physics is fun! And Biology. Somewhat.

Once I reach 100 posts, I'll be raiding Adzix. :D

I'm not sure I get the definition of A-level right. Care to explain? Do you need an education in science and then in forensics? I'm confused now. :(

3. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

An A level, usually, takes 2 years to get, from when you are 16 till 18. I heard recently that there is a forensics A level, but don't know anything about it, lol. Once you have your A level (s) you go to university. This is how most of England does it I think, but it does vary. But that's the only science education you need to get onto a forensics degree course. Well the ones I applied to any way. :rolleyes:
    I hope that made sense. :lol:

4. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

my opinion probably doesn't count but my aunt told me that she went to college for 2 years and everything else she learned on the job. now if there is something specific you want to go into then you may need to stay in school longer.

i need information about this too. still trying to decide if forensics is my thing.