Band Geeks United!!!

^ That's so funny! I, too, had a friend who named her clarinet Bob!

I played clarinet for three years, and then quit band. I didn't really like it all that much.

I've played clarinet since I was in fifth grade. Taking a break right now since I had corrective jaw surgery over the summer. Hopefully I will be back to playing it in soon enough though.

I remember my friends at my old school named their instrument. I ended up naming mine Lucy after kinding of catching on the idea.

I am totally 100% a band geek.

I used to play Clarinet in Middle school, switched to French Horn in High school (also was one of the major band officers too) and still march today in College.

I love band. I love my band. I love it.

tuesdaymorning, i play french horn too! and i'm in the Senior Band in highschool and i played French Horn in my middle school.
French Horn is awesome.

Aw, Roos, you're cool without naming your instruments.. no Jorja fan is uncool!! :D

So many clarinet players, hey? I always wanted to play flute in hs band and when they gave me clarinet instead I felt kinda slighted.. it's nice to know that there are other talented clarinet players out there!

As for naming your instrument, Mia, go with something you love/are obsessed with/ care about.. here's a rundown of mine:

Robin (guitar) and Angelica (guitar) were named after the two lead females in the movie "Six Days, Seven Nights" with Harrison Ford. I was majorly in love with Harrison at the time and particularly liked the character Angelica.. Robin came later.

Sid (guitar) was named for Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols.. I was in a Pistols phase at the time and in a punk band, so it seemed natural. My best friend and I ended up going as Sid and Nancy to our senior prom, so it was a good choice.

Holly (guitar) was named in part for Holly Golightly, the Breakfast at Tiffany's character, one of my favourite characters ever; in part for my good friend Holly, who was a wonderful muse and inspiration.

John and Gabriel (pianos) were named for John Williams and Gabriel Yared- two of my favourite movie score composers.

Rozalinda (flute) was named for Roz on Frasier, cause I adored that show at the time when I got her.

George (clarinet) was named for George Clooney, cause my 12 year old self thought the idea of having my mouth on an instrument named George was totally scandalous ;)

Bob (drum) was named for Bob Marley, cause he just seemed so in synch with the idea of the bongo drum sound.

As for naming your instrument, Mia, go with something you love/are obsessed with/ care about..

Actually I'm glad I didn't otherwise the chances of my guitar being named Nick Catrer would be very high...Oh the sins of the youth...
I might give it some thought though, maybe I'll come up with some cool names, until then I'll just refer as them to "The one I got from my dad" "The one that belongs to my mother" "My newest" and, well "Baby Kiki" (that one is smaller, hence baby)

^lol!! Good for you for holding off.. I once had a pet rat named JTT, as in Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Ugh. heh.

Kiki is a great name though, I like it!

Oh! I used to play the drums in band club. But then I had to quit cos I was scaring the juniours away with the loud banging and stuff. (What drum set ain't loud!?) But it was fun while it lasted.

Ziggystardust said:
George (clarinet) was named for George Clooney, cause my 12 year old self thought the idea of having my mouth on an instrument named George was totally scandalous :)

:lol: Indeed!

Back