Baby Messer ***possible spoliers***

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Free2BMe, Jan 29, 2009.

1. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

That did go through my mind last week when Hawkes was doing his "soon to be dad routine". Wouldn't it be just swell if it turned out to be his. :shifty:
    Can you imagine, the baby would soon be giving a demonstration of how it was born. :lol:

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Has anyone thought that this baby isn't Danny's? And this is just a lonnnnng ploy for Lindsay to hook up with Danny, permanently? Well all know by now Lindsay has her issues and who's to not to say she's obsessed with Danny, because she very well could be. And by getting knocked up by someone else when Danny was with Rikki and then going to Danny when she was pregnant is a very (although bad) risky, but thought out way for a woman who so badly want to be with him. Yes, at first Danny proposed to Lindsay and she said no, but maybe she had it all planned out and knew he would come back for her.

I don't know if this makes any sense--it probably doesn't. This is what happens to me when bad romances on what was once a good show affects a fan who was very invested into the show.

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Lord, I wish... ;)

Well, TPTB aren't renowned for their careful nurturing of continuity over the long haul... :p

I do remember discussion here a ways back when it was first announced that Anna's pregnancy was being written in, and how it altered original plans for the season after it was rumoured Danny and Lindsay would have more independent paths.

I know I was of the opinion that there was no reason the baby absolutely hadda be Danny's (but knew it would be convenient and all but irresistable for the writers to make him so), and that one of the few ways to salvage things/save it from drekdom woulda been for Lindsay to have actually had "eyes for someone new," (or whatever the phrasing of the soundbite). Also that if they insisted on making Danny the father, mebbe to split them up, at least for a little while, and that they didn't hafta be a couple to have a child together.

I don't recall who, but some also suggested it would be far more interesting for them both to gain a little more depth and exploration as a pairing by directly addressing the distance between them last season, and some also brought up the point that if Lindsay did know about Rikki it would also be more interesting for her character as well, and not just his.

As for her wanting so badly to be with him, yes she's pursued him, but she's also jerked him around no end. In the past season and a bit I can't say I've gotten the impression that she truly does wanna be with him, no matter what... She's barely on the map at all as a character anymore.

Ha, we've long noticed Danny's unfortunate inclination to chase Lindsay whenever she pushes him away or treats him like crap... :rolleyes::lol:

Insensitive, Megotistical, and manipulative just generally, sure. But being so deliberately scheming or trapping, I'm sorry, but I just can't see it. ;)

Not that I profess to understand Lindsay at all, but I can't see it in her. I do think she'd stubbornly prefer to be on her own than suck up to Danny or even sucker Danny, because Monroe Don't Need Nobody, and she'd probably view it as Beneath Her. And more to the point, I absolutely can't see TPTB being so edgy after the whole saccharine and conventional way they've handled the whole business anyways... While it would be completely in keeping with TPTB to retro-write some sorta filler, they've repeatedly gone out of the way to suggest she's beyond reproach in nearly every way, and I don't think they'd give the oh so luvely awesomosity from Montana any kind of material that would compromise that in order to suggest otherwise... (at least not deliberately :lol:)

And yet... maybe it's like Ausiello said way back, Coach really is the daddy... :shifty::p (I was really hoping it would be Horatio... :lol:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

When the news broke that the pregnancy was being written in the show TPTB made a statement that "of course it's Danny's" or "obviously it's Danny's" or something similar to that. It would be a far better story line if there was a twist to it, but TPTB aren't going to go there from what they've said about the story line.

5. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I was surprised at how conservative they are being with the storyline, not only did they state that Danny would have to be the dad but that they had to have them get married before the birth. Neither Lindsay and certainly not Danny, have come across as conservative people in the past, so not sure if there is some logical reason to this. There has been unmarried mums in other US tv shows, such as Without a Trace, so I assume it's not for politically motivated moral reasons.

There was a statement that this was to be the first CSI baby, though I can't see why that should be an aim of a procedural show.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's a very, very conservative route, but American TV can definitely be conservative, and CBS does tend to have an older audience than the other networks. The fact that it's two regular characters on the show is probably what is dictating the marriage.

The way it's being touted as the "first CSI baby" is a little silly. The first Crime Scene Investigation baby sounds kinda silly when you spell it out. I'm not so hard-lined that I don't think romance has a place on the show at all, but the way this baby is being touted like a great storyline--and not a convenience because the actress got pregnant--is a little much to swallow.

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I agree. The baby storyline was mainly brought in to cover up Anna Belknap's real pregnancy-and in my eyes it really hasn't even done that (she is much farther along than Lindsay is, although the writers seem to have no problem assuming that she isn't:rolleyes:). It's getting a little ridiculous that its being held up so high as the "first CSI baby," too...the other CSI shows featured the CSIs having children (like Catherine and her daughter). If the only reason this storyline is special is because we will actually see the child as an infant, I'm really not impressed.

Having the story on such a conservative network like CBS is frustrating, as well. OF COURSE its Danny's baby, no woman would ever be unfaithful. OF COURSE they have to get married, no one ever has a baby without being married first. I'm not a fan of the storyline, but I certainly would be more open to it if it was treated in at least a semi-realistic way...

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Actually, the first CSI baby was actually Warrick's and Tina's on the original CSI. But there was controversy on Warrick's behalf if the baby was actually his.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Don't you know that doesn't count? It only counts if both parents are CSIs. :rolleyes: :p

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Okay, fine, you got me. :p

11. Kemy

Kemy Dead on Arrival

Warrick and Tina had a Child?
    Well, okay, I don't always have time to watch CSI thursdays (it runs thursdays here) but why do I always miss everything?

Good Luck for me CSI:NY is on mondays...
    I am still wondering if it will be a boy or a girl..I think Baby messer should be a boy. because Lindsay'a also kind of a boy (in her delightning with cars, for example) and a Danny's-little-boy and playing footbal in season 8 would be cute...

12. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I think that Warrick's boy was only mentioned in one or two episodes, and we only saw him for a split second at the funeral in "For Warrick."

13. csiwendy07

csiwendy07 Dead on Arrival

Hey- I think it was this thread we were discussing this in- correct me if I'm wrong- but some of us wanted to know what Anna Belknap named her first child. Well I searched around yesterday and I'm pretty sure her name is Olive. I wonder what the second child's name is. Anyone know when or if she had it?

14. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I wonder how long she's gonna be a maternity leave, I hope not to long.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

She'll be gone for at least a few episodes, vsuga, but there's nothing to confirm how many. csiwendy07, I don't think they've released any kind of news about whether Anna has had the baby, but that's not surprising - they were super-private the first time around as well.

Regarding the length of Lindsay's pregnancy, they sort of made it work by implying a time jump. They didn't expressly say time had passed, but they implied it. The season premiere took place in the spring because it was a continuation of the season finale. Then 5.13 "Rush to Judgment" (the one with the dismembered body) showed and pointed out Christmas wrapping paper, as if to imply that we'd caught up to the present time-wise. So presumably, they intend for us to believe that months passed between "The Box" and now. (I don't know when the time jump supposedly happened, but that's as much as my earth logic can get from the situation. :p)