At Last! UK gets Season 5!

Annwn

Rookie
At last, a date for the start of S5 - two weeks to go (or should that be Togo????? :lol:). So, while our transatlantic cousins look forward to S6, we eventually get to see the last one!

*And happy 4 July (1 hour45 mins togo)

Re: At Last! UK S 5

About bloody time! :D

Although I have seen it already. ;)

Wooooo!!! I'm sooo happy, but like you Yoshi, i've seen it too!

EDIT: It starts on 17th July, just saw the advert!

And, I saw most of the series when I went over to the US visit my cousin, all legally! I missed a few eps though throughout the middle, so it's my chance to see the whole series properly!

Great news that it's finally here! :D

However, if you're in the UK and you have already seen Season 5, chances are you didn't see it legally ;) so please can we not go there as part of the discussion. Thanks.

If you have seen it legally ie. by going to the US or watching it in another country where it has already aired, my comment does not apply. Downloading and file sharing (of shows not yet aired in the UK) are still illegal in the UK.

On a brighter note, it might be nice to keep this thread active when Season 5 airs in the UK, so viewers can discuss the episodes. :)

^ No problem! We'll make sure we keep this thread 'bumped up' on Tuesdays. :)

I have to work Tuesday nights, but at least I can record it and watch later in the week. I've read the synopses on the CBS 'Miami' website, and read the comments here so I more or less know what to expect ;) but now I can see for myself :D just wont be able to join in with the discussions till much, much later... :( :( :(

Will it be shown on Channel 5 then. I have not seen any adverts for it. I must be looking in the wrong place.
I'm so glad it will be shown. (I was starting to think that it was never going to be aired here in the UK)

About BLOOOOOOOOOMIN time like!! How annoying that it is so far behind the other 2 :rolleyes:

I've read very little spoilers about Season 5 so most of it will be brand new for me :D

puppydog72 said:
Will it be shown on Channel 5 then. I have not seen any adverts for it. I must be looking in the wrong place.
I'm so glad it will be shown. (I was starting to think that it was never going to be aired here in the UK)
Yes, it starts on Five on Tuesday 17th July at 9pm. :)

I don't understand why they repeated season 4. :confused:
We're fairly close to the US for Vegas but nearly a year behind for Miami.
It could be Christmas by the time we see the finale. :D

That's true, they did! :mad: :mad: :mad:I was expecting them to follow on with S5. S6 will be half way through in the US before we get to the finale of S5! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Channel Five have done this for a couple of years now. When CSI:NY first aired in 2005, they decided to show that and LV from February onwards, and then they aired Miami after both of those had finished their run in July. By doing this, it meant that Five were able to air 'new' episodes throughout the year. Unfortunately for Miami fans, we were the ones to lose out.

The DVDs for Season 5 will be released in the US before we finish the season here in the UK, which always seems odd. I would much rather they aired all 3 shows from February (afterall, they show all 3 during the same week in the US) and then show repeats until the new seasons air again. My guess is that they won't change the way they do this, which is a shame for us. *sigh*

I remember reading a while back about Channel Five's advertising revenue. The CSI franchise was generating something like 80% of their total revenue (it's probably changed now that Five has other big US shows though), and presumably they generated more in terms of revenue and higher audience figures by showing CSI in this way. Of course it's very irritating from Miami fans, and as LV and Miami are the two highest earners they both get to air in the Tuesday night slot, they just can't do it at the same time. ;)

And I'll be away for the first two episodes so I'll have to remember to record it! It does seem like we have been waiting forever for this, but I am happy to say that I am relatively spoiler free for Miami so I really don't know much about what happens this season, so every episode will be a surprise. :D

Back