Are you expecting one spin-off CSI with a female leader?

Fabian said:
I think that if there's going to be a third spin-off, a woman will lead it.
And if William Petersen was to leave CSI, I think Catherine will lead the team. Though I wouldn't be too happy about that, I am confident Marg Helgenberger could carry this show brilliantly.
And since she's not a new face, fans might adjust better to her instead of some new guy.

William Petersen will only be gone a short while.

No more spin-offs? It's not the problem!

Maybe we could give one of the male leaders a vacation and make a female leader...see what will happen? I'm sure women could do most of things better than men...as there're thousands of male leaders everywhere...give me something else to see!

I'm not expecting to see another spin-off at all.. So I'm not expecting to see a spin-off with a female leader. But if there was going to be one, a female leader would be nice.

i think they should do another show once LV ends...

as for a female lead? bad idea, with a high number of csi fans female, it is better to go with a male lead. Females are way too judgmental of other females...

I don't think CSI:LV is going to end. What I hear is that William Petersen will be on hiatus acting on stage ("A Celtic Christmas", I believe.)(And should Grissom leave, Warrick will definitely take his place as leader as he always thought of him as holding the group together.)

I don't think the issue is whether there's going to be another new show so much as will we ever see a female character in a leadership position? This could mean temporarily or on a more permanent basis. Miami and NY are technically 'spin-offs' and so if one of them had a woman in charge, we would technically see a 'spin-off CSI with a female leader.' This would also be true for the original as well. I think what the original poster was getting at, in the end, was just seeing a woman in charge on the show, whether it be for one episode or the remainder of the show's run.

The mention of Grissom leaving the show was made in June, so I'm sure this was well before there was any hint that William would be leaving for several episodes--the mention about Grissom leaving was hypothetical.

As for whether fans would rather see a man or a woman in charge, or who would do a 'better' job, I don't think that's the issue so much as the individual character being considered. Some female characters could lead a team well while others might not--and the same holds true for male characters as well.

I closed a thread about whether there should be another spinoff and linked to four threads that already dealt with the subject--this is apparently just the one that was chosen to bump.

xfcanadian said:as for a female lead? bad idea, with a high number of csi fans female, it is better to go with a male lead. Females are way too judgmental of other females...

I think you have a point, there. The audience for all three CSI shows is largely female, and unfortunately, from what I read on the boards and hear in real life conversations, many female fans appear to sometimes be more hyper-critical of the female characters, and not so much of the males. :( As much as I think it would be fun to see a female step into the lead role as head of the team, whether temporary or permanent, I do wonder if her popularity would wane quicker with some fans, than a male in the same role. :confused:

I would love to see that show. However, I have a feeling Catherine might take over the reins once Grissom leaves permanently. If not, the creators should consider that spin-off.

Star4CatESPChick said:
I would love to see that show. However, I have a feeling Catherine might take over the reins once Grissom leaves permanently. If not, the creators should consider that spin-off.

I'd love to see a show where a female would lead. And if Catherine does not take the reins once Grissom permanantly leaves, there is something seriously wrong with the world. She's the senior CSI, most experience team-member in a leadership position, the co-frontwoman of the show, and Grissom obviosly believes she's more than capable.

But besides that bit, it would be refreshing to see a female leader. Death and police work may be a "man's business" according to Cath in Slaves of Las Vegas, but there are strong women who do make it to the top in those careers. I think it'd be a positive role model for young female viewers to see something like that.

I'd love to see a female leader, but I highly doubt the producers plan to do another spin-off.

If Grissom ever leaves permanently, I'd like to see Catherine take over his job.

Back