Are Things Over Between Eric & Calleigh?

I've really lost the little respect I had for Miami writers when I saw that locker room scene.
Funny; the Miami writers actually gained my respect when I saw that locker room scene. Any hints that they're moving away from that horrid nomance gets my two thumbs up.

I watch for the show for the other characters.Enoying the better team dynamics as well as the increased screentime for the other characters this season too. While Eric/Calleigh makes the show for some,they don't for me.
I agree that the writing was poor with the locker room scene, but I've thought it was poor all along in regards to the romance.It doesn't hold my interest and I would much rather the writers and TPTB somehow wrap things up instead of dragging it out in such an agonizing way.

I agree. Any time a procedural crime drama puts emphasis on a romantic relationship they're obviously doing something wrong, IMO. That's why I prefer core characters to have relationships outside the work place and/or with a recurring character. Then there isn't such an emphasis on it and it takes a back seat to what the show is supposed to be about.

I have been enoying the better team dynamics as well as the increased screentime for the other characters this season . While Eric/Calleigh makes the show for some,they don't for me.
I agree that the writing was poor with the locker room scene, but I've thought it was poor all along in regards to the romance.Romantic E/C doesn't hold my interest at all and I would much rather the writers and TPTB somehow wrap things up instead of dragging it out in such an agonizing way.

Here, here! I was all ready to leave this show, what with the writers being too pre-occupied working in every 'at-their-deathbed' cliché they could with EC instead of focusing on the rest of their cast. Then lo and behold, come Season 9 and they achieve the impossible by making me feel optimistic. :eek:

If tptb decide to go through with finally breaking up this nomance...you won't hear me complaining. IMO EC has had its turn, now its Jon, Eva and Rex's time to shine :beer:

What annoys me the most is that I think that is NOT over.Do not get me wrong,I adore Eric and Calleigh together but I am so tired of the back and forth that I want a resolution.They can be together and I will watch every week or either break them up for good so I can stop caring.I am not watching but every week I check the spoiler thread to be sure if there is something related.

I've really lost the little respect I had for Miami writers when I saw that locker room scene.
Funny; the Miami writers actually gained my respect when I saw that locker room scene. Any hints that they're moving away from that horrid nomance gets my two thumbs up.

I'm not saying I lost respect because they broke them up. It's a TV show if they want to break them up they can. I'm saying it was poorly written and I expect much more from a hit TV series. Any scene, whether it's Eric and Cal or any other character that is as poorly written, crypted, and out of the blue as this one would've had the same reaction from me.

electra
They can be together and I will watch every week or either break them up for good so I can stop caring.

Exactly. I expect the writers to just do something, do it right, and commit to it.

The problem with all this is that the E/C thing was written so poorly to begin with - I mean, did we really expect the same writers who devised these very contrived "soap opera" moments to write a "happy ending" or even a passable explanation for their break-up (or even their getting back together)?

One thing I've heard from pretty much everyone is how badly this storyline has been butchered, and to think TPTB are just gonna drag this on even more than they already have (three freakin' years, or four if you count Season 5) just fills me with dread. It's getting old and I'd rather see the team all together and their friendships rather than any romances at this point. Let's prove Eric's statement at the end of the first episode, "We're always there for each other" - I'd rather have those moments than another surprise "love scene."

That would be disasatrous for this ship, it's part of the beauty of the show. They sizzle and are so perfect together always. I can't imagine why the writers would shelf this fabulous couple for any reason. So, I and many others hope this is not true:(

Last edited:
The problem with all this is that the E/C thing was written so poorly to begin with - I mean, did we really expect the same writers who devised these very contrived "soap opera" moments to write a "happy ending" or even a passable explanation for their break-up (or even their getting back together)?
I have to agree,the storyline (IMO) has always been poorly written and I stated it previously.As far as just dropping storylines without explanation or going in a different direction, that's been done on more than one occasion with other characters also.What makes this storyline worse is that it's dragging on and on and on with no decision being made in any direction.
Despite what's going on(or not going on) with the Eric/Calleigh romance storyline, I am loving the team focus this season as well as the increased screentime for other characters.The team is the best I've seen it in a while.

Last edited:
I read somewhere a while back that some of the Miami show-runners or writers previously were soap opera writers. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? If there is, that could explain the whole "push-pull" nature of the ships on the show.

Back