Are Things Over Between Eric & Calleigh?

CSI Files

Captain
Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne) and Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko) were surprised to find out their characters broke up on CSI: Miami—or did they? At the end of the second episode of Miami’s eighth season, “Sudden Death”, Calleigh and Eric shared a scene in the locker room. Calleigh told Eric they were “friends” and that she [...]

More...

LOL - I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other aside from the fact that watching love scenes with my parents is always awkward (as I realized when Eric and Calleigh got busy that one time, plus the latest episode of Hawaii Five-0 made it really uncomfortable to watch with my dad :lol:).

I just hope they pick an option and go with it instead of continuing this wishy-washy stuff. There was nothing to indicate that they broke up until that out-of-nowhere locker room scene. Show, don't tell PTB!

I suppose they might have done this because of Emily's pregnancy, but that's silly - just because you can't show her from the waist down doesn't mean the character can't be in a relationship. Love scenes aren't mandatory or anything. I just don't get it. :confused:

LOL - I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other aside from the fact that watching love scenes with my parents is always awkward (as I realized when Eric and Calleigh got busy that one time, plus the latest episode of Hawaii Five-0 made it really uncomfortable to watch with my dad :lol:).

I just hope they pick an option and go with it instead of continuing this wishy-washy stuff. There was nothing to indicate that they broke up until that out-of-nowhere locker room scene. Show, don't tell PTB!

I suppose they might have done this because of Emily's pregnancy, but that's silly - just because you can't show her from the waist down doesn't mean the character can't be in a relationship. Love scenes aren't mandatory or anything. I just don't get it. :confused:

If the pregnancy is a reason for them dropping it (if they've dropped it that is) I agree it's a pretty lame reason.

I personally can't stand Eric and think the relationship drags Calleigh down, so I'd be happy as a clam if they just ended it and never went back there again.

The franchise writers as a whole just are not good at writing romance between core characters. GSR drove me nuts and DL destroyed Danny as a character. I just think they're better off having the characters involved with someone outside the team or at least a recurring character within the team. Flack/Angell was good, but that was in part due to Angell being recurring so they weren't together all the damn time.

I hope they didn't break up, but I want them to be in a stable relationship already, no ups and downs. I was very upset about that locker scene, that was out of the blue&didn't make sense.

Regardless of how one feels about the pairing, from a storytelling angle it's been handled extremely poorly. And when the actors aren't even sure what's going on and are confused about how they're supposed to be playing their characters, that's not a good sign either.

If there's a God they will have broken up for good.
:lol: I certainly hope you're right. I've had just about enough of all of their awkward scenes. This romance is really dragging down Calleigh as a character. Eric was annoying enough as is, but this romance isn't helping his character either, IMO. Hopefully this is the end. But I won't get my hopes up. :rolleyes:

Regardless of how one feels about the pairing, from a storytelling angle it's been handled extremely poorly. And when the actors aren't even sure what's going on and are confused about how they're supposed to be playing their characters, that's not a good sign either.

If the actors aren't sure about the status of the relationship TPTB will probably inexplicably change their minds about writing in Emily's pregnancy and have them get married. (Danny and Lindsay, anyone?) :wtf: :rolleyes:

If there's a God they will have broken up for good.
:lol: I certainly hope you're right. I've had just about enough of all of their awkward scenes. This romance is really dragging down Calleigh as a character. Eric was annoying enough as is, but this romance isn't helping his character either, IMO. Hopefully this is the end. But I won't get my hopes up. :rolleyes:

Same here - I think people on both sides of the fence are sick of this back-and-forth soap opera drama. It makes both of them look like a couple of junior high kids who don't know how to emotionally handle an adult relationship. :rolleyes: I might buy that from Eric, but not Calleigh - she is (or was before Eric) way too suffistocated and smart for that. ::sigh: ::shifty:

Oh, and when did the actors become the writers on this show? It's certainly not good that they don't understand the writing (and yes, the locker room scene was written poorly in the sense that there was no background info on what lead up to it), but when did they become the ones to interpret what TPTB want to do w/it? Why should I believe Procter or A-Rod if both of them admit they have NO IDEA where the writers are going with this? Also, how could they as actors, play that scene if they had no idea what it was about - just lots of stupid confusion and endless drama, which is what made me dislike this pairing from day one. :rolleyes:

You'd think if TPTB were so keen on this relationship they'd just go for it - Eric and Cal really look like immature teenagers at this point - I mean, seriously, how many times do each of them have to "almost die" before they "discover" how much they mean to each other. If they're still "discovering", perhaps there's NOTHING to discover. :rolleyes:

Man, I've always had a limited embracing of Eric/Calleigh, very similar to Mac/Stella prior to the traumatizing implosion of the latter over the summer.

Yet, I'm beginning to wonder if I should've even embraced any TV ships throughout the entire CSI franchise. The sheer TV-grief I felt over the sinking of SMacked has led me to re-examine all the shipping I felt over the last eight years since I began following CSI.

I always detected some sort of romantic connection between Eric and Calleigh even with the limited amount of watching I did with Miami over the years.

Now I have my doubts on this and am beginning to feel doubtful about how they'd handle this from here on out. Kind of a shame really, to see two great ships potentially sink into the realm of 'coulda shoulda woulda' ships that never happened. :(

The entire franchise I hate to say is very close to retirement primarily because Vegas is very, very long-in-the-tooth, and cast changes seem to be at hand once more, Miami is overshadowed by NFL football, we'll see how it goes once the NFL season concludes, and New York violently imploded when MK left during the summer.

Where things stand, I don't see much of a future for Eric/Calleigh and I'm beginning to phase it out so if one of these cast members leaves for good, it won't scar my TV-shippy hear the way the demise of SMacked has done. :(

I won't go far as to say that I'm pulling the plug on E/C but am keeping the plug half-way in and half-way out at most.

and New York violently imploded when MK left during the summer.

I wouldn't call pulling in around 10 million viewers on a Friday night exactly "violently imploding." NY is doing very well despite what bitter shippers want people to believe. And I highly doubt ending the Eric/Calleigh relationship would do anything negative to the Miami ratings.

Last edited:
I've only watched Miami a handful of times. What I can say is that there was a bit of chemistry I noticed between Eric and Calliegh. I know they had an implied 'love scene' and are now a couple.

It would be really hard to keep the love and commitment going if the actors themselves don't know the story line or if the couple is going to stay together.

Emily's pregnancy is a huge factor. What I'm thinking they'll do is when Emily comes back from her leave Eric and Calleigh can fall in love again.

That's makes the most sense relationship wise. I'm sure they didn't do the marriage route because that was already done on CSI NY.

I've really lost the little respect I had for Miami writers when I saw that locker room scene. Compared to other shows I've watched the writers of the CSI franchise in general really leave a lot to be desired most of the time, at least for me. The only reason I've kept watching Miami is because of Eric and Calleigh since none of the other characters really do much for me except Frank and sometimes Walter. I think that Emily and Adam do amazingly well with some of the crypted scenes they are so often given and it is the chemistry I see between the actors and the characters the only thing that makes me hopeful that the relationship can somehow be restored.

I watch for the show for the other characters. I have been enjoying the better team dynamics as well as the increased screentime for the other characters this season . While Eric/Calleigh makes the show for some,they don't for me.
I agree that the writing was poor with the locker room scene, but I've thought it was poor all along in regards to the romance.Romantic E/C doesn't hold my interest at all and I would much rather the writers and TPTB somehow wrap things up instead of dragging it out in such an agonizing way.

Last edited:
Back