Angell Story on the web

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by christalann, May 15, 2009.

1. Nerazzurri_89

Nerazzurri_89 Victim

F/A being too hot together was the problem, they were making D/L look bad.

But seriously i get that even though firing one recurring actress doesn't seem much, i guess every little helps in this recession.

Maybe they were worried that her character was so well liked and the Flack relationship being so popular that if they kept her they would have to be looking at making her a regular soon like they did with Adam and Sid.

If only they'd skipped all the stunt casting like someone else has said, i'm sure they could have made the cash up. Or town down some of the special effects(just the few pointless ones they have sometimes) I'd have been willing to miss out on Nelly Furtardo and flying equasions to keep an awesome actress and a great character.

Guess this also means we won't be getting any sort of replacement partner for Flack and no other recurring characters then.

Same here. Will really miss Angell/Emmanuelle next season.....nothing we can do now but enjoy Eddie's portrayl of Flack's grief ;) bring on season 6 :)

2. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Now that I can believe! Chemistry vs. no chemistry at all ... hmmm. Budget cuts seem a little to convenient for my taste. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they told Gary!

3. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Maybe they did it after she filmed her last scene and the others weren't there b/c they weren't there for the filming.

4. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I think Eddie had a hand in her fair well. He probably helped arranged the coffee truck, and the In N Out Burger. I just wonder what his thoughts were when he found out she was fired?

I personally think it sucks she was killed off, but Emmanuelle has a good attitude about it. It would be nice to have an article write that both Emmanuelle and Eddie are both interviewed in.

Better yet have Audio commentary with the both of them on Pay Up when this seasons DVD comes out.

5. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Oh, I hope for commentary! That would awesome. I'd love to hear their thoughts on doing those scenes...

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

that is such shit that they had to kill off Angell b/c of budget problems. she was barely on NY she wasn't a main character she was recurring!!!

all through "Grounds for Deception" when Mac and Stella were "in Greece" i kept saying that the set was the reason Angell was getting the boot. and was i not that far off!

why do i have a feeling that they're gonna bring in a new female detective next season? if that happends i will be up in arms like nobody's business b/c there would be no reason whatsoever for them to have killed Angell.

7. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I'm curious as to when the decision was made to let EV go from the show. I mean, did they hook up Flack and Angell and then decide they hadn't room in the budget to keep her. Or did they realize they weren't going to be able to keep her beyond the end of the season, and decide to hook up Flack and Angell so they'd be able to up the angst ante.
    I'm thinking that if they had paired up Flack and Angell first, then maybe TPTB realized that killing her off was the only way to split them when EV was leaving.

8. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I don't think they will.

According to TVGuide.com:
    http://tr.im/m3OH

9. chronocommando

chronocommando Civilian

10. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

Another possible factor would be on her Management's side. I've read she's back in Two And A Half Men reprising her role as Mia, or may be a project that requires leaving the show. It's also a fact that a recurring role like hers dosen't stay long like that. Remember Kelly Hu as Det. Maka? and among other detectives?

Moneywise, I don't think CSI:NY is "short" of earnings, considering it's one of the most viewed, even if, they did not earn awards since.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Angell appeared in more episodes than Maka.

12. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Wow...sad to see Vauguier leave the show because of BUDGET CUTS...! :mad: :censored: :scream: :scream: :scream: Stupid economy. It's hard to believe that she could be so optimistic about it though...she will be missed by all viewers...and Flack especially (poor Flack:( :( :() They were adorable together! In the meantime, I think I'll write a strongly-worded letter to TPTB...:hugegrin: :guffaw: