Angell Story on the web

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by christalann, May 15, 2009.

1. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

3. Catu

Catu Police Officer

Thanks Christalann!!

It`s awful that she was fired because of buget problems!!

4. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

Budget cuts?? Seriously?? That is pathetic!!

You wanna do budget cuts and you have to fire an an actor, fire Anna Belknap for christ's sake, that inexpressive thing.
    Now for a couple of hundred dollars you just separate the coolest ship and kill off the best guest actor who was actually contributing a lot to the story?? Aw come on. If that was really the matter I'd send myself some bucks to TPTB in order to pay E.V.'s cache.
    You can keep up with lots of celebrity guests but you don't have the money to pay Emmanuelle's acting?? :scream::scream::scream::scream: I don't buy that. They better give me another excuse.

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I think it is unfortunate she lost her job because of budget cuts, she was well liked by viewers and she will be missed.

6. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I thought for some reason she wanted off the show...I couldn't think of good reason why they would kill her off. It didnt make sense. I guess everything comes down to money in Hollywood. That makes me even more sad, reading how sad she was, and everyone was. Ugh. That sucks.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I get the feeling they told her that to make her think that was the reason, but that the real reason was something else. They didn't want her to feel bad. It doesn't make sense that its because of budget cuts since she wasn't in the main cast and was only recurring. When doing budget cuts, you don't get rid of a recurring who isn't on every ep and therefore is only paid for the eps they are on. That's just a stupid excuse they gave her to me. I don't buy it. Sorry.

8. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Good points!!

10. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

That's exactly what I think. I just don't buy it.
    Even if that was the case (budget cuts, indeed) they could have worked it out simply by not writing her into any episodes any time soon. Of course she had her story with Flack and she had a promising partnership with Stella. But lack of continuity never seemed to figure amongst the writers major concern anyways :rolleyes: (whatever happened to Louie, Reed Garrett and Samantha Flack...).

I just think I'll never forgive them for letting Angell go. Amongst all broken things that needed to be fixed on CSI:NY, they decided to fix the only thing that wasn't broken at all! :scream:

Edited to add this: from her interview you can tell it seems she has a really relationship with Eddie Cahill offscreen, which is pretty cool. It probably helped their great onscreen chemistry. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  11. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I'm pissed that Emmanuelle was let for budget reasons. Couldn't they have just transferred Angell to a different precinct and brought her back when the economy was doing better.

As for the reason why EV was let go, the main actors are under contract so the producers can't just let them go. If their contract expires, the show can opt not to renew it, but if they are still under contract, the producers can't just let them go. They why they went for the reoccurring actress. It stinks, but that's probably what happened.

12. Catu

Catu Police Officer

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the info on Emmanuelle. I thought (probably from some stuff floating around) that she wanted off the show. She just did a Lifetime movie.

I loved how the article said that Gary didn't know and he wouldn't be happy. I guess if he's the producer you would think he would have more say in who would get fired and such. But I guess that wasn't the case.

Also the ending scenes with her and Eddie were great. You could tell the actors were close.

And by the way, my husband was upset they 'killed off the hot cop'. :lol:

14. slw9806

slw9806 Victim

My husband was upset too, the only reason he likes to watch CSI:NY and NCIS is because of the "hot chick"

15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I think it probably was a mixture of the recession as well as getting the ratings for the season finale.