America's Next Top Model

Yeah I see your point, however they even said in the final deliberation that she could be huge in Europe and I think her confidence was getting better by the week, evident in the final runway. Plus I really don't understand how the girl that won did, her pictures were critisised most weeks or were seen as "ok" she never really stood out (for me anyway) throughout the competition.

Well I just look forward to the new season, as a short girl myself I can't wait to see girls that don't have 6 foot legs for once. I do wonder how they'll pull it off tho, they were complaining about a girl last season because she was 5"9, all she ever got at go sees was critisism for being "short".

^ tis true - i watched cycle 12 online because i just couldn't wait for it to get to british tv (because i'm that sad...) - anyway it starts airing over here in a week or two and one of my friends (who really never watches that kind of thing) texted me the other day saying he'd seen the ad and really liked one of them. knowing him, i said i bet it was her, but he wasn't sure as it was just the ad, he just said it was the one who said she liked nosebleeds. i checked and sure enough, it was her - so yes, i think she would appeal over here. especially amongst indie types who like people that are quirky and a bit odd - speaking as an indie type that likes people that are quirky and a bit odd, i can safely say she was one of my favourites in terms of look right from the start - along with fo, who was just lovely.

I agree with everything you guys said above, but the girl who won c12 still seems much more prepared for the "fame". The fame that they'll never get, ehehe. Anyway...

Are you guys watching cycle 13? The premiere was really good! The "Ty-overs" cracked me up! :lol: I'm wondering why the hardcore Jesus lover girl didn't come back. I hope she's okay (though I know it happened months ago).
My favourite so far is Sundai (weird name, but she's so cuuute). Do tell who your favourites are, I'm dying to know!

yeah the girl that won cycle 12 definitely seemed prepared for it, i was quite glad she won actually.

i've not started watching 13 yet - cycle12 begins on uk telly this week i think and i've seen it already so i'm a bit bummed about that, i might have to watch 13 online to make myself feel better. of course that will mean i have nothing to do on monday nights for the foreseeable but hey.

Yeah the girl that won cycle 12 was a good choice but i wasnt actually wanting her to win, i wanted Alicine with the big eyes.

And as for this season, i think its great Tyra wants to get shorter girls a chance in the industry, but as ready as she is for them to go out into the model world, i dont know how well the model world will accept them. Its gona take alot more then just one woman to change the industry, as great as it is that shes trying.

i agree about the short thing (as i'm short!) but i wish they'd stop calling size 8-10 (uk) girls "plus size" - with the international average size going up all the time it's totally unrealistic. i realise it's the industry that makes these decisions and not tyra but it would be nice to change them...

i wanted alison to win too :) but the one that did was a good choice too.

And as for this season, i think its great Tyra wants to get shorter girls a chance in the industry, but as ready as she is for them to go out into the model world, i dont know how well the model world will accept them. I
That's why the winner will recieve a contract with Wilhelmina modeling agency this time, which welcomes models with any height and size. I think this cycle is extra special because the models try many more times harder because they are short and they want to show the world they can be fierce as though they were 6 feet tall. :)

That's why the winner will recieve a contract with Wilhelmina modeling agency this time, which welcomes models with any height and size. I think this cycle is extra special because the models try many more times harder because they are short and they want to show the world they can be fierce as though they were 6 feet tall. :)

Agreed. The models of this cycle have to fight 10x harder to make it, but again my problem is that even with the contract with Wilhelmina modeling any designer show, unless they are specifically looking for shorter models, will not higher them, for the simple fact they want the tall models.

Lisasimpson, you make an excellent point! Im so sick of being anything bigger then a 5 (american) is too big! Im a rather tall girl and i tend to fluctuate in my weight regularly, so depending im between a size 7 to a 10 and yet thats considerd not 'good'. That really frustrates me for if a girl is bigger then that size 5, shes going to feel uncomfortable about her body. And Ive seen this in many girls, and its cause of what is potrayed on magazines and tv, ect. I really think those kinds of things should be REAL people being potrayed not size 0.

Last edited:
Lisasimpson, you make an excellent point! Im so sick of being anything bigger then a 5 (american) is too big! Im a rather tall girl and i tend to fluctuate in my weight regularly, so depending im between a size 7 to a 10 and yet thats considerd not 'good'. That really frustrates me for if a girl is bigger then that size 5, shes going to feel uncomfortable about her body. And Ive seen this in many girls, and its cause of what is potrayed on magazines and tv, ect. I really think those kinds of things should be REAL people being potrayed not size 0.

it's not just the fashion industry tho - it's everywhere, celebrities, popstars, actresses, whoever - if you *god forbid* gain a pound (especially in a noticeable place) the whole world decides they have to comment on it, and judging by some of the comments you would've been better off commiting genocide or something! there were those pics of jessica simpson last year i think it was, where *omg* she looked a bit bigger than a stick insect, and the entire world media went into overdrive about how disgusting it was. see also britney spears gaining a little weight and omg she's going off the rails folks, she's actually eaten something! jesus, people eat, get over it!:lol:

I know, we are (specially girls) are pushed with this idea that we have to look a certain way, have to be a certain size, and in models case a certain weight and height! Thats why I admire Tyra so much for trying to break the mold.

And on this note, of girls being a certain size, i was coming back from work today and listioned to these two teen girls and one i quote said "I need to get really fat. I whent from a 7 to a 5 to a 3 to a 1". Yes dropping all that weight so drasticly isnt that great but its nice to know a size 7 is 'really fat'

yeah, it's crazy isn't it? i know people that think anything over a uk size 12 (which, by the way, is 2 sizes below the national average) is morbidly obese. very strange...

Thats crazy. Size 12 here is pretty average but its considerd fat its crazy. So I would like to see more whats considered plus size models on America's next top model, i mean 'larger' models can do it, just look at Whitney, she won! And she was supposedly a 'plus' size when she was like any other girl

^ i think among people i know size 12 is fairly standard but the national average (according to a survey by M&S) was size 16 and that was a good 5 years ago if not more, it's probably gone up. whitney was very very average in size (she was lovely looking!) but they seemed to think she was enormous :scream:

The other girls that cycle acted like Whitney was 300 pounds but the thing is shes a NORMAL AVERAGE SIZE WOMAN! And I thought she was just goregious and obviously she is and not to mention better then the other girls cause she won!

Back