Aiden in Hereos

When I watched the episode I cryed I hope I wasn't the only one and I thought Aiden was coming back I never thought she would die I was so said

I've seen this ages ago. :lol: I was so surprised that the skeleton turned out to be no one other than Aiden Burn though... but I've never really warmed up to her to be honest. Her bad-ass attitude was way too much for me.

Still though; I was sad that they brought her back for a guest shot and then killed her.

I liked her character a lot, specially in s1, it was funny sometimes :D. I didn't like her in the first 2 episodes of s2.

I've just watched that episode and I didn't cry, but I think it was one of the more horribles and cruel episodes I've seen. She could have been just shot or, I don't know, hung something less cruel, but burnt? I think I just can't watch that again. She didn't even have the dignity to have a coffin with her body inside where her family could see her. For me they exagerated. It was crueller than "All Access" IMO.

Sorry for the horrible language.

Well I haven't seen it yet but now that here in england they're doing the reruns it's on in the week of my birthday 3 days before and I'm even getting the dvd's with it on it's the worst ever eppi I bet. I did like her character especially in the eppi where she said this quote
Holy boob job batman
I even used it for a while till it got me grounded

I didn't like the way they killed her off--she was already gone, they didn't need to remove all of the character's dignity like that. I certainly didn't think it was funny, kissmesweet, which is the impression I get from your comment with it's little laughing face.

I miss Aiden. Watching episodes from season 1 and then comparing them to some of the more horrible ones from seasons 2 and 3 makes me really wish that Vanessa had never left the show. Yes, Aiden had an attitude, but so do the other characters, in their own ways, and it worked for her. I loved the way Aiden worked with the other characters. When she and Danny had cases together, they played off each other so well, the timing was spot on, and I had no trouble believing that they were colleagues and friends. I loved the easy banter between the two of them, it was one of the best parts of S1. When Aiden and Mac worked together it was also a lot of fun to watch, the contrast between their personalities but the mutual respect there. Stella and Aiden were great on-screen as well, and even in the quick morgue scenes she and Sheldon were exceptional. :D

I didn't like her character at the beginning of S2 either, I guess they were phasing her out and either Vanessa or the writers chose to go with something less like the Aiden we all knew and loved.

S1 is definitely a classic, and while NY is technically more 'popular' now, I think there is definitely a certain spark that ended with S1, and Aiden was a big part of that spark.

While I was glad the DJ Pratt story finally came to an end, I was very sad to see how they killed off Aiden. Mac fired her and she left. I was happy for that. Not because I wanted her gone (I liked her character) but because they finally chose a different route and didn't kill off another character.

I think it would have been better if they hadn't killed her off in Heroes but instead showed that she was part of what brought Pratt down. IMO, they only killed off her character so some people would rest easier knowing she wouldn't ever be coming back.

When she and Danny had cases together, they played off each other so well, the timing was spot on, and I had no trouble believing that they were colleagues and friends. I loved the easy banter between the two of them, it was one of the best parts of S1.
This is so true. Since I've been home sick, I've been watching S1 episodes again and I really enjoy watching Danny and Aiden work together. I watched Outside Man today and Danny and Aiden were great. I love their banter and the fact that they had so much chemistry and yet TPTB didn't feel the need to try to hook them up.

1CSIMfan said: IMO, they only killed off her character so some people would rest easier knowing she wouldn't ever be coming back.
I totally agree with you, they only killed her to let people know, she wouldn't be back in the show.

Faylinn said: S1 is definitely a classic, and while NY is technically more 'popular' now, I think there is definitely a certain spark that ended with S1, and Aiden was a big part of that spark.
I agree with this too. I've just watched the end of season 1, like half an hour ago. And I've seen some episodes of s2 (1 to 3, then 21 to 24 :p) and I must say that next year when they start s2 here, it's gonna be just different. There's something they just lost :(.

And yeah, Danny/Aiden was just wonderful, and I'm not talking about love, I'm talking about job. She was a very good character. It was a pity that she wanted to leave the show (is that right?). At the beginning I didn't like her, but then I realized she was one of the most strongest women of the 3 CSI shows, she and Stella are just excellent!!!

Yeah, Vanessa Ferlito wanted to leave the show to pursue a movie career. I wish she would have stayed on. Season 2 could have been awesome with her and it's fun to imagine what the show would be like (how the episodes would have differed) today if she had stayed.

I seriously doubt they would have ever made Danny/Aiden canon but I wouldn't have minded seeing her hook up with Flack. Snark vs snark. It would have rocked.

I totally agree with you, they only killed her to let people know, she wouldn't be back in the show.
Which was unnecessary. She didn't want to come back just like Rory Cochrane doesn't want to come back to Miami but they killed him off too.

I thought killing her off was unneccessary as well. Her getting fired was enough of an exit--there was no reason to kill her off as well.

Maybe it's a sort of a warning to the cast. Don't try and get out of your contract with us or we'll kill your character.
For me, in S1, Aiden was my least favourite character, and I wasn't all that unhappy to find that she was leaving the show. Granted, I found her much less irritating when watching the S1 DVD's, last summer, but maybe that was because I knew she wasn't going to be around for S2.

The whole plot where she got fired annoyed me. I mean, she breaks open the evidence bag...and then just leaves it there? I just felt that she'd be more likely to either plant the evidence and cover it up, or go straight to Mac and admit what had happened. But just leaving it there for him to find? That was stupid.

As for them killing her off later, again, I was so meh about the character that it didn't really bother me.

i was sad when she died and i really wanted to see things develop between her and danny. i still miss her at times. :(

Which was unnecessary. She didn't want to come back just like Rory Cochrane doesn't want to come back to Miami but they killed him off too.

Why on earth do they do that? You leave and your character dies. Thats just mean, why not recast it or something.

i thought she was great and her and danny worked really great toghter. iliked the little jokes they use to say to each other :)

i loved that ep! it was great...i did not read any spoilers so i did not see that comming...

i never liked adien, though, she was my least fave character out of all the csi...plus she was too much like danny, but female. I like lindsey because she is quite different from him, and there is a good contrast. I think season 2 and now 3 are amazing, way better than season 1.

Back