Add a Bit (Horatio and Rick slash)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by HnStetlerfan, Aug 28, 2008.

1. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

"Yes, that's the streaker!" Rick said. His amber brown eyes gently considered the new kitty, noting how the little animal's eye color was the same as his own. "When I first came home with our food, I must've startled him, and he streaked out of the kitchen as a white blur."

Just then, as if to demonstrate what Rick had earlier witnessed, the white kitty with the black markings shot straight up into the air, somehow turning sideways while he was almost a foot off the carpeting, then took off so fast that his fluffy tail was like a jetstream behind him. Smokey wasted no time and took off after his frisky new buddy.

Horatio laughed heartily. "He IS fast. I see what you mean, my colt."

"I've never seen a cat jump straight up into the air like that, either!" Rick exclaimed.

"Yeah, that was an unusual movement, wasn't it." the redhead noted.

Both men looked at each other smiling, reading each other's thoughts. "Well, it looks like we have a new cat," they said at almost the exact same time. Soft laughter followed, and Rick leaned in to complete their previous interrupted kiss.

Rick hummed as he enjoyed Horatio's lips, and the redhead hummed back causing a vibration that tickled and got them both laughing. Rick reached out to touch the downy sprinkling of fur over his beloved's heart. He kept his hand there. Looking into the brunet's eyes, Horatio reached out and placed his own hand against the thick luxurious fur covering his beloved's heart. They stayed like that for a long moment, each man feeling the heartbeat of the other, until restless feelings began to stir again. The two looked at each other knowingly. "'Leaves' are beginning to rustle," Horatio said, cocking his head and smirking.

Rick refreshed their bathwater, and the men finished their bath rather quickly, towelled off and adjourned to their large, comfortable bed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

However, before Rick had left the bathroom, he hadn't forgotten to take the bottle of Apricot Cooling Creme from the countertop. He couldn't wait to see how this new creme that they had recently bought would affect Horatio.

The redhead was already standing by the side of the bed with his towel wrapped around his lower half. A large orange nightlight infused his hair and skin with a sheer glow, turning some strands multiple shades of red and orange, and his skin a warm deep pink. Rick stopped before reaching him just to take in the sight.

"Everything OK?" Horatio asked, grinning.

"Oh, yes, my angel...more than OK." Rick started walking forward again, and just as he did, Horatio flicked his wrist, and the robe around his waist dropped to his feet.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  3. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

The brunet stopped dead in his tracks for a moment; in unconscious reaction, his grip tightened slightly onto the body of the bottle; interestingly enough, the cap popped open due to the strength of his hand and the richness of the creme began to slowly flood the top of the cap and the sides of the bottle in thick, creamy waves. Rick didn't notice this, since he was enthralled beyond every sense imaginable by the sheer masculine beauty presented before him in the form of his beloved.

However, the redhead's cobalt blue eyes shimmered in anticipation as they never took their view off of his lover nor the fulsome overflow from the bottle; in reaction, his beautiful body quivered like an arrow. Every part of his form was poised and ready, akin to that same arrow, aimed for another erotic flight into the highest levels of sensual heaven....

4. ruby&theheadmen

The brunet moved within a heartbeat's distance of the ginger haired man; at the same time, he forced the palm of his right hand to catch the excess flow of creme while he closed the bottle deftly with his other hand. " I like the scent of that..." Horatio uttered the words in a half growl as his nose followed the subtle fruity scent- he was SO desperate to keep control of himself and not spoil the moment.

Rick nodded and smiled sympathetically; his amber eyes gave an unspoken promise not to tease unduly. Wordlessly, they moved almost as one to the large, inviting bed spread out before them.

Horatio buried his mouth, swollen with kisses onto his spouse's long graceful neck as he began to work the rest of his form with the rhythm of a trained dancer, pacing himself to prolong every sensation, to heighten all of their nerves which tingled with unparalleled delight. The brunet's hands rested just so on the sides of his lover's waist, massaging in the cooling creme; they varied from applying the creme with circular strokes, to playing a game, running down the spine with nimble fingertips. The contrast of the sensation of the cooling creme to heated flesh galvanized Horatio; never had he felt so potent, so alive, so close to an explosion of a full bodily and spiritual sensation of bliss. The sacred space around them was graced now with the scents of mint, apricot and the unique ones generated by their own bodies; it was akin to incense offered up to heaven.

As the wave of culmination approached, Rick could not help it; his hands held the sides of his beloved's waist in a vice like grip while guttural shouts of triumph echoed from each man bouncing off of the four corners of the large bedroom.

"Don't move love...at least for a little while..." Rick's southern drawl slipped out languidly as he felt the redhead adjust himself, wanting to feel his lover's fur onto the whole of his body; he rested upon it, smiling like someone who had found the perfect grassy knoll to lie upon on a balmy day.

"Thank you...love you... SO much," Horatio uttered the words so softly and with a sweetness that caused Rick to wrap his arms around him loosely, bidding him to rest and thus they remained that way, falling asleep in unison, with the ginger haired man opening his mouth to his lover's sweet skin and its taste and his nose sensually to the scents of love that lingered in the air around the two of them.

They would both rest from their labors in that position, until way after sunrise.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  5. ruby&theheadmen

A tiny sliver of sunlight caused Rick to open his eyes; by the intensity of the light, he could tell it was way past sunrise, probably around 11 o'clock. He smiled as he gently unwrapped his arms from around Horatio, noting with surprise that the redhead had slept in the same position all night, hardly moving except to breathe and stir occasionally.

Apparently, sleeping directly on the 'fur' agreed with his life companion, such knowledge caused the brunet to suppress a chuckle as he didn't want to disturb the other man's rest. Without a second thought, Rick nuzzled at the pink and white shoulder set before him, liking the fact that it was graced with a very, very light sprinkling of freckles. I'm going to enjoy exploring and finding just how much of my angel's skin is covered with freckles, Rick mused as a satisfied smile began to form on his face along with a twinkle in his brown eyes.

“ 'Morning, Colt....” a voice of one just waking up, softly called out to him.

Goedemorgen, mijn vlamboom...” the words fell from Rick's lips so easily- he wondered if his own parents had acted the same way on their honeymoon; more and more he was acting like a married man, just like his own parents in their own romantic way, he realized.

“That one was easy...” cobalt blue eyes focused and began to sparkle as Horatio responded with a quick kiss.

“I'm glad...I'm too happy to translate...last night... all night...everything was so...” the brunet felt a soft blush form on his cheeks and then his eyes opened wide as Horatio moved to the side, settling down on the bed.

“Didn't realize that I rested like that right on...wow...you should have nudged and moved me; I wouldn't have minded...” an apologetic look began to appear in the ginger haired man's eyes as he turned to his side, noting his lover doing the same so that they could talk facing one another.

“Didn't bother me; you work out-you've got a fine frame but you're light H; it wasn't a burden,” Rick responded as he pushed back a stray, silky, crimson lock back from the other man's face.

“I think it must be near 11 am or a bit after, why don't we freshen up and make some coffee,” the brunet had a concerned look in his eyes.

Horatio nodded, noting that he would let his beloved go first while he would freshen up after changing the bed and tidying up their room

****** One and a half hours later*****

Horatio was dressed in some simple slacks, a short sleeved shirt and some house slippers. He had made it to the kitchen and was about to prepare some coffee, smiling to himself as he could see his spouse walking towards the kitchen; he noted that he too was dressed in some casual clothing, although the redhead saw that Rick's shirt, although short sleeved, covered his chest fur.

“ I was about to put the coffee on; shall I get out that special Dutch kind that you sent away for?” Horatio said and then stopped suddenly- his radar sense that always told him that something was not quite right beckoned him to look towards a corner just outside of the kitchen.

“Rick it's Smokey and our other cat- why is Smokey huddled so close to him? Something is wrong,” the redhead could see the white and black kitty lying right next to the automatic litter box.

“Smokey looks worried and I wonder why he's trying to keep our little 'streaker' warm- the poor fella seems to be shivering- not a good sign.” Rick's sharp eyes assessed the situation when he went to the other room and saw the two kitties. “Streaker? Yes, it's true- we can call him 'Streak' can't we? It would seem to suit him from the way he zoomed away from the bath last night,” Horatio noted, frowning at the distress he saw.

“Well, he's not living up to his name now and he's looking right at you Horatio. He wants you to see to him,” Rick said as he looked at Smokey who had a concerned and protective look on his face towards his friend and the two men who occupied their home.

“Easy little fella, Horatio's not going to harm Streak, but we have to look at him, see him close up, okay?” Rick spoke quietly. “ Time to get the latex gloves? To protect against an infection?” Horatio noted as he turned to go to a drawer in the kitchen in order to get two pairs.

“I've noticed...you DO seem to keep an ample supply of them in the oddest places. Is that a detective thing or for nighttime fun as well?” Rick teased with a boyish smirk on his face.

“Yes... to both- but I don't just keep them for fun at night... you'll soon find that out...” Horatio said in a half wantonly way as he went to the kitchen to fetch the gloves.

“Well, no daytime fun... at least for today. ...I'm played out, frankly,” Rick smiled and blushed. "Agreed, we've got the weekend ahead of us anyway," the ginger haired man responded nonchalantly.

“Streak is going to need a vet and it's a good thing that Smokey's vet has a van and does house calls, even on Saturday-that van is a rolling mini hospital. They can even prep for surgery if they need to. I'll give Dr. Nesbitt a telephone call right now tell him we've got an emergency on our hands,” the brunet replied as he gave a nod to Streak and went into the kitchen in order to make the telephone call.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  6. ruby&theheadmen

Horatio got the 2 pairs of latex gloves and a spare towel, then he gave one pair of gloves to Rick as he went towards the telephone to call the vet. Afterwards, the redhead put on his own pair and put the white towel down on the floor, going into a kneeling position right next to the two cats. Using the same care and concern as he would as if he were approaching a scene involving an injury, he gently approached the ailing cat, who looked up at him with haunting, yet hopeful, trusting eyes. Smokey moved away to allow Streak to be picked up gently. “ You're shivering all right, must be something that came on last night...” Horatio spoke gently to the animal as it began to adjust its long, lean frame to the towel.

He could see that the innocent animal had been neglected, just as Rick said that Smokey had been, except life for this one was harder; at least Smokey had been able to come to Rick for aid; Streak, for his part, was a bit too thin still, despite being able to share the other cat's food and water. Probably has some parasites or is near an outbreak, the redhead mused as an explanation for his choosing to be so close to the litter box.

His blue eyes flashed with anger his hand barely grazed one small part of the animal's side and it flinched. Someone has kicked him too, the ginger haired man's countenance hardened with outrage at the very thought. “ Not to worry... we'll do everything we can to get you healthy again and you have a home...right here with your feline friend and us... no one is going to hurt you again...” he spoke gently to the kitty who looked up at him with weary but now completely trusting cocoa brown eyes.

"The person or persons that abused this animal... they better hope I don't run into them"- Horatio swore if he did, he'd be out arresting them himself although that usually belonged to another department.

“Darien's is on his way, he should be here within 20 minutes or so,” Rick came back and paused thoughtfully as he saw his partner and their new addition to the home together. “Darien, huh?” Horatio smiled at the thought.

“Yes, he calls his animal hospital- Sheltering Palms Animal Hospital and his van is its mobile unit.

“Some fiend has kicked Streak too; the redhead frowned. “I'm glad that Smokey brought him here.”

“Well, he doesn't flinch from rescuing those in need, he's so much like you H,” the brunet smiled. “ I'm going to get the spare kitty litter box, the first one I got for Smokey to use before I bought the automated one- then, I'll sanitize the automated one- clean their whole little area,” Rick went to pick up the apparatus. Horatio, for his part, put Streak down carefully with the towel beneath him and proceeded to remove his gloves and clean up in order to answer the front door.

In no time, the mobile veterinary unit made its way to front of Horatio's home and a very spry man who was a few years older than the couple came to the front door. “Good Afternoon. I received a call from Rick Stetler- I'm Dr. Darien Nesbitt,” the vet extended his hand in greeting-he looked dapper in his white coat.

Before Horatio could speak, the veterinarian's eyes grew wide in surprise like one seeing a celebrity. “Forgive me, but I've seen you on the news. You're Lieuntenant Caine, if I'm not mistaken,” Horatio smiled and suddenly wished he was wearing his trademark sunglasses and prayed a blush wouldn't form on his fair cheeks...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  7. ruby&theheadmen

Horatio cleared his throat, which helped him to put his legendary self-control into action, which kept a blush from forming on his cheeks; at the same time he kept a friendly smile on his face, grateful for the fact that in the next moment, both men could hear Rick's voice in the background.

“ Is that Dr. Nesbitt at the door? I sure hope so.” Rick was walking and carrying Streak in his arms.

“Another stray? They just seem to follow you everywhere, don't they?” the vet smiled upon seeing the tall man.

“Tell me about it... Darien” Rick's voice was a mixture of calm and concern.

“I don't think I will, you're one of my best and favorite clients- always to the rescue,” the vet's sharp eye didn't miss the other feline, which was following Rick in tow with a protective look in his eyes.

“Smokey? What do you have to do with all of this, little fellow? You're quite a long ways from your usual home...” the vet said as he took the ailing cat from Rick's arms.

“ I'm sorry, Doctor...I forgot to tell you the sick kitty's name. His name is Streak,” Horatio piped in.

“Streak? That's an odd name, but I've heard one's that were even odder than that. The way Smokey is looking at Streak they seem to be pals instead of strangers. There might be a risk of exposure of some kind...” the vet had a concerned look in his eyes.

“A point well taken, I can carry Smokey to the van, so he can be looked at as well.” Rick scooped up the other cat with graceful hands and followed the vet, who had turned away from Horatio and was going to his medical van.

The redhead turned his face toward the inside of the house as a unusually disconcerting feeling came over him.

Smokey...how was he or were WE as he thought of his lover and partner going to explain his presence here. Even if the other cat had not appeared, we would have had to tell the vet- we couldn't risk Smokey possibly getting sick and not being treated. He could feel a frown form on his handsome face- he didn't want to tell a white lie and he had already made that clear to his lover in his own silent way, but now he was wondering if that was asking too much. The ginger haired man began to realize that he wasn't ready to let the whole world know about their relationship. I should have foreseen this... I've put Rick in a very tight spot, he sighed and sat down in his living room, his mind trying to formulate a tactical plan of action.

Meanwhile inside of the medical van, Rick could see that Dr. Nesbitt had only 2 other people in the van with him. “I'm glad you've rescued this one, along with the others. He's going to need some vaccinations, lab work etc; you won't mind staying in here with Streak for a little bit will you? He's a bit scared, naturally since he's never met me before,” the vet liked the look of the graceful cat.

“I need to know something...has he been eating along with Smokey or did Smokey just wander along here?” Darien looked at his brunet haired client and friend. “Yes, he's shared Smokey's water and food. Smokey found him, brought him in from the outside,” Rick answered truthfully, but did so using his 'IAB' voice.

Darien's ears pricked up at the sound of Rick's voice and after a brief glance at the cat before him, he decided to give him to another member of his staff, who would clean him and do some X rays of Streak's tender side. With a silent hand gesture, he took Rick to the very front of the van where there was some privacy.

“You don't usually talk to me in that tone of voice,” Dr. Nesbitt's tone was very low but concerned and caring as well.

“Nothing too much gets past you, does it?” Rick replied.

“Not where you're concerned, Rick; I've known you too long. These cats seem to feel right at home, they sure look it and they're not alone... in that regard,” the vet spoke in a half whisper.

“No...don't say anything Rick...it's your own private business. You look happy though, I mean despite the little feline crisis here. You and...Lieutenant Caine can count on my discretion and respect for your privacy,” the vet spoke the words in a solemn voice, akin to a vow but with an understanding and accepting smile gracing his features.

“Thank you...for understanding...honestly,” Rick responded just as warmly with a small smile as well.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  8. ruby&theheadmen

****About an hour or so later****

Horatio couldn't stand the suspense and decided to go directly to the van, only to find as he stepped up to the entrance he could see the door opening up. “ Hey, I could use an extra pair of hands here,” Rick replied as he held a nice, cloth lined basket that held a peacefully napping Streak right in it.

“Here you go... Lieutenant, both cats are going to be just fine; however I am going to want to see Streak in about a week or so,” Dr. Nesbitt said calmly.

“I'm glad, really glad. Thank you, Doctor,” Horatio flashed a quick glance at Rick as he took Smokey into his arms.

“Rick's a good friend of mine- he calls me Darien, I'd like you to feel free to do that too, if that's okay,” Darien replied, looking at both men.

“In that case, calling me Horatio would be fine too,” the redhead replied, relieved about the cats but wondering about the other issue.

“In addition, let me take care of the medical expenses here- after I put the cats inside the house, I'll get... do you take credit cards?” Horatio asked.

“Certainly do, we're set up for it right on site here,” Darien nodded. “I gave Rick a list of items that Streak is going to need, special foods, medicines etc; to get well. He'll have to eat separately from Smokey though and I know that will be tough, considering how close the two of them are,” Darien continued.

“ I see. I'll be back with my wallet in a moment,” the ginger haired man replied before going inside.

Horatio made a dash with Smokey to the corner where Rick had already put Streak's basket down; the cleaned and calm cat didn't even wake up with the moment.

“Wow, he's a cutie pie... cleaned up, treated and all,” Rick chuckled to himself, then turned around as he heard hard footsteps from behind.

“No...I didn't tell any lies...white or otherwise...” the brunet said.

“I knew that you wouldn't...it's not that I don't trust you, because I do, Colt. Darien knows though doesn't he? I can tell,” Horatio said with a sigh.

“Yes, he deduced it, our four legged friends gave us away, but Darien told me we could count on his discretion. He's a man of his word, H. I've known him for years- he's my friend, a good man too. He wouldn't bring it up to you face to face because he didn't want you to feel uncomfortable. He reminded me that I should have remembered a PBS special from long ago, how it showed how Sherlock Holmes learned some of his detective techniques from following a doctor around and seeing how he proceeded analyze certain medical situations...” Rick put a caring arm on Horatio's forearm, hoping to alleviate his concerns.

The ginger haired man nodded affirmatively and then excused himself as he went to get his wallet.

“I have to go back to the van, H and bring in all of those items that Darien said we needed for Streak. Great Day! Look at the time, it's going so fast,” Rick replied as his thoughts flew ahead to dinner time for the two of them with his parents.

“I wonder who in the world...” Rick looked somewhat annoyed as his cell phone, which was located on the kitchen table began to ring. He decided not to answer it, but he did look at it to see who was calling him. “Carl from the stables- I wonder... is there a problem with Nickerie?” Rick mused aloud. “Wouldn't want to ask Darien to do another ER call- glad he treats horses, just the same,” the brunet thought aloud to himself as he went back to the medical van.

9. ruby&theheadmen

"You've got a look on your face, Rick" Horatio noted as the brunet put the last of the pet supplies down and hoped that Smokey would get the point that Streak needed some healing time alone.

"Yeah...I just finished listening to Carl's message...multitasking on the weekend...reminds me of work," the brunet turned and sighed, while showing the redhead his Bluetooth device attached to his ear.

"It's Nickerie. Can you believe that he bucked Carl right off out of his saddle? Fortunately, Carl's okay but apparently Nickerie misses me and is acting out. Carl wants me to go to the stables as soon as I can," Rick's face had a look of concern and underlying crankiness- neither man had even sat down to coffee, nor had they eaten yet.

"It's going to be one of those days then...we'll just have to deal with it," Horatio gave his partner a sympathetic look and smiled.

**** A bit later****

"Glad to be driving the Hummer anyway," Horatio said as they were out on the road heading inland towards the stables.

"I'm glad you brought some provisions while I was changing clothes," Rick smiled as he spoke after a healthy bite of his nutrition bar. "...and you fixed up the Dutch Coffee in travel mugs too- it's nice to be so well cared for... thanks," the brunet's eyes shown with appreciation as he reached for the large travel mug. "However, what gives? You're in jeans too, I didn't know you had planned on horseback riding too?" he continued while opening up the mug.

"Well, I wanted to be ready... just in case... well it's a surprise. I don't want to spoil it- let's wait till we get there and I find somethings out," the ginger haired man looked over smiling and ducking his head just slightly.

"Killer sunshades, I just LOVE it when you wear them, but I have to admit I'm even happier that you're wearing a T shirt hanging over the jeans..." Rick's voice betrayed a smirk and to Horatio a much appreciated tone of possessiveness.

"Oh...and pray tell why does that make YOU so happy?" he teased back.

"....and thanks for appreciating the nutrition bars and coffee; can you open up one of them for me as well as fixing up my mug so I can take a sip of the coffee too? This road is a bit bumpy and I want to keep my hands on the wheel..." Horatio continued.

"No problem and no teasing either, I promise..." Rick's voice was mercurial as he deftly accomplished both tasks. "Want me to hold the bar for you while you take a bite?" Rick asked nonchalantly.

"You drive me crazy, you tease..." Horatio laughed and could feel a hot blush form on his cheeks despite the air conditioning being on.

"Hey... I'm serious... food and horseback riding only...we've gotta get with my folks later on and speaking of same...here take a bite now if you please...I've gotta call them and ask them if we can delay the meal for a couple of hours or so..." Rick cocked an eyebrow as he spoke.

Horatio complied by opening his mouth and taking a medium bite on the raspberry flavored bar.

"The shoe repair shop didn't raise a peep when I picked up my trusty riding boots, considering that you turned them in to be repaired for me. Were you wearing a badge that day? I was expecting questions about the toothmarks that you left on them..." Rick smiled and waited for an answer as Horatio finished his portion of the bar.

"Hmmmm.... well to think of it...." Horatio said before taking a sip of the coffee and kept silent as he swallowed.

"Maybe when I put the service ticket away my badge DID get exposed... that does seem to be a deterrent to nosy people..." the redhead finished the remark with a teasingly smug look on his face as he could tell that there were only 10 or so more miles to the stables...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

The couple arrived at the stable, and Horatio steered the Hummer over the gravel and into a parking spot. Since the arena was right next to the parking area, Rick could see that Carl was back on Nickerie and was trotting him over some low-set cavaletti poles.

Horatio and Rick got out of the Hummer and in a voice that was meant as playful, but came across slightly stern due to concern about his colt's behavior, Rick said, "So what was this surprise you were telling me about, Horatio?"

"Cute try, Rick; I wasn't telling." Horatio threw him a sideways glance and smiled a sneaky, toothy smile. "I'm going for a walk," the redhead announced. And before Rick could think of what he wanted to say next, his partner was walking quickly, and with a bounce in his step, in the directon of the orange grove on the other side of the stable grounds. The lower part of Horatio's t-shirt had moved up because of his long strides, and Rick saw how the material of the jeans hugged his backside perfectly. Knowing that he was being watched, Horatio waved over his shoulder at the brunet, without turning around or missing a beat in his step.

Rick really didn't know what his redhead was up to, and after shaking his head and chuckling, he turned his attention toward Carl and Nickerie. He walked around the perimeter of the arena toward the section where Carl was working with the colt. As Rick approached, Carl slowed Nickerie, dismounted, and led him in Rick's direction. Rick opened the arena gate and walked inside.

As relieved as Rick was that the cats had gotten their needed medical attention and were safely snuggled at home, worry had started to build in him that Nickerie was never going to fully calm down, and was perhaps to a certain extent, untrainable.

Seeing the look on Rick's face, when the brunet walked up, Carl said, "Hey, don't look so worried; I'm still in one piece."

Rick shared his concerns with Carl about how far they would be able to go with the colt's training.

"We have to remember that he's been trained for racing and is young," Carl reminded him. "He doesn't understand yet that he's not supposed to take off full blast at the slightest signal. And he wants to run, so he gets frustrated when he's held back and prevented from doing it."

"Is that why he bucked you off earlier?"

11. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

"Yes, so I brought out the cavaletti to help him focus."

"Has it been working?"

"Yes, it got his mind on stepping over the poles, and he hasn't tried to take off or buck since."

"That's good."

"But there's something else we could try," Carl said, his voice rising with optimism.

"What?" Rick looked at his trainer intently.

"We could let Nickerie run. Not here in the arena where it's dangerous, but out there--" Carl gestured with his hand in the same general direction Horatio had gone-- "where the trails are."

Rick's eyebrows raised. "OK...," he nodded, wanting Carl to continue.

"Beyond the orange groves," Carl explained. "there's a lot of long, wide, flat trails. If Nickerie is taken out on those trails and allowed to do the running he wants to do, I think we might have a happier, calmer Nickerie when he's back in the arena."

Rick's face lit up and he smiled. "That sounds like a great idea. It might really be the solution." Rick ran a hand along Nickerie's sleek, dark neck and gave him a gentle pat. The colt took a step forward, reaching his nose around toward Rick's back pocket, lips opening in anticipation of the treat that was hidden there. Rick laughed and backed up, quickly retrieving the tasty morsel. He held it in front of the velvety lips and watched as Nickerie made it disappear. He patted the colt again and said, "Do ya wanna run, boy? Yeah, you're gonna get to run."

Nickerie started tossing his head up and down at the excited tone of his human's voice, causing both men to chuckle.

Rick then put his riding helmet on and Carl held the stirrup for him as the brunet mounted the tall animal. "You're in for the experience of your life, Rick. You know who his sire is," the trainer said, referring to the colt's famous race-winning father.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

**Author's Note**

I apologize for the delay in continuing this story. :angel: We have a lot planned for it, and it will be continued soon. :)

13. ruby&theheadmen

Author's Note:

Yes, we will be returning soon but as much as I love my avatar (and she WILL return!) I do love bunnies and this one well it so reminded of Horatio (if he were a bunny that is!) Hope you all like it:luvlove:

14. ruby&theheadmen

Author's Notes: Definitely not a bunny in that avatar I know, but Jim Balent's Catwoman is one of my fav good *bad girl art* - with a special hello to Crimekat.

I regret that circumstances beyond my control has cause the partnership that wrote this thread to be severed permanently. However, I do plan to continue the storyline on my own for all some time soon given that we are allowed only one posting every 24 hours. I appreciate all of the patience everyone has shown- please look in fan fiction for a continuation really soon. Sincerely,
    ruby&theheadmen

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

*To all our readers who were enjoying this story a little over a year ago*: As awful as what TPTB of Miami did to the Rick character was, it caused my writing partner ruby and I to resolve the falling out we had, and made us determined to continue writing this story about Horatio and Rick to give them a happy ending and fix the horrible way Rick was treated by the writers of the show.

But at that time, both ruby and I were going through some major changes in that we both had to move. This delayed our continuing the story as moving is one heck of a stressful ordeal. But we got through it, and we're now going to continue Horatio and Rick's story. :) :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011