A question about next season

It's interesting to read about the programming in different countries. Here in NZ last season we had NY on at 8.30pm and Bones at 9.30, and that worked really well, but this season they've got NY at 8.30 followed by Prison Break, and I just don't think it works as well. Not sure how ratings have changed. They moved Bones to a different night at 8.30, which has probably helped Bones. Interesting...

Top41 said:
A little improvement in storylines and character development certainly wouldn't hurt anyone, that's for sure. ;)

Amen to that.
Here in the Philippines, we don't have problems with scheduling since CSI shows are shown here 5 times a week at the least.

What would be really cool was if they moved The Unit to Wednesday at 10 and put NCIS and CSI:NY back to back.

NO,NO,NO,NO!!!! That would mess with my weekly appointment with House. The few things in this world I love are Gibbs & DiNozzo, House & Wilson, Danny & Don, Dean & Sam, and Don & Charlie. I like that I NEVER have to choose.

The new season is shown on asaturday night at 9.30 in the UK which is poo because everone goes out on a saturday, and by the time its finished its a nightmare to find your friends in town! 8pm is a good time but because of the contents it cant really be earlier. Thank Heavens for DVDS!

Personally I would love it if they moved CSI:NY AND Criminal Minds to Tuesday. This season CBS has me staying up til 11 Wed. Thur. and Fri. It would definitely be better if I got a full nights rest in between the best shows on TV :D

Though I definitely agree with y'all, the 10 time slot suits NY very well. And Criminal Minds and NY go very well together, I think it would be a mistake to separate them.

Well, it's official, NY stays where it is. :cool: Unfortunately, I'll have to enter the "real world" so I'm going to have to change NY's time slot to my days off. My DVD-recorder and I are gonna get real close. *sniff* it'll take some adjusting to not watching NY on Wed at 10.

Sorry, but I just don't "get" Criminal Minds...

However, I'm glad NY is staying put. It puts it in a perfect position for a NY/LV crossover

Well at least ya'll don't have them on the same time on 2 different stations. Here in Australia, New York has been monday nights at 9:30 pm on the nine network and N.C.I.S has been Tuesday nights at 8:30pm on the Ten network. Now, New York is moving to Tuesdays at 8:30 pm so it's going to be opposite N.C.I.S which absolutely sucks big time. I've been taping New York cause we're so far behind and until the box set comes out - up to Consequences - and N.C.I.S is near on finished. Now it's just going to suck.

I like the idea of an NCIS/CSI:NY pair-up, because these are my only two "must see" shows and -- if I happen to be out-of-town or something -- it's easier to program my VCR to record one two-hour block than two different shows on two different nights. Plus, that could just be my "TV night" where I tried to never make plans to go out.
As for the guys. . .heck, I'll take them ALL!! As a woman of, er, "a certain age" I'm probaby more prone to the charms of Gibbs and Mac. But I can certainly see the attraction of Tony, Danny, Flack and Hawkes. (Heck, I even think McGee is kinda cute, in a geeky sorta way!)

Islandgirl said:
I like the idea of an NCIS/CSI:NY pair-up, because these are my only two "must see" shows and -- if I happen to be out-of-town or something -- it's easier to program my VCR to record one two-hour block than two different shows on two different nights. Plus, that could just be my "TV night" where I tried to never make plans to go out.
As for the guys. . .heck, I'll take them ALL!! As a woman of, er, "a certain age" I'm probaby more prone to the charms of Gibbs and Mac. But I can certainly see the attraction of Tony, Danny, Flack and Hawkes. (Heck, I even think McGee is kinda cute, in a geeky sorta way!)

Thats the way it works in the UK as well NCIS and CSINY run back to back on a Saturday night which is great. At one point we had 2 NCIS eps then CSINY because they were trying to catch up with the NCIS eps. I like CSINY being on a Saturday its a great antidote to all the mind numbing trash on the other channels.

As for the guys well I have to agree with Islandgirl Mac and Gibbs all the way, but like she said the other guys have there charms. I love Flack and Hawkes, Danny is nice and Adam and McGee are cute. But I am not a fan of Tony the character makes me want to change channels sometimes.

Now there is a crossover I would watch - cant you just see Mac and Gibbs working together...... *THUD*

Oooo, fruitbat, I like your thinking! A Mac & Gibbs crossover would be fantastic! We're between NCIS seasons here in NZ, so I haven't seen Gibbs for awhile...
Hmm, I think we need to suggest that one to TPTB!

OT but, you don't have to be a 'certain age' to appreciate Mac and Gibbs. They're both old enough to be my dad (though they aren't as old as my dad) and I still think they're cuter than the younger guys on CSI:NY/NCIS

Back