A question about next season

adder574

Witness
I was reading a post on Zap2it that CSI New York is likely to move to a new time slot next season. Has anyone else heard this? I hope not. I like where its at.

I don't care if they move to a different time slot. I think it might mess with the ratings a little depending on what time it was on and what show is on before them though.

I think I'd be good with any night, but I would like to see it move to an earlier time slot. 10 is just wayyyy to late for me sometimes. :lol: *is getting very old*

It comes on at 9 in my time zone--and a lot of times I wish it was earlier. So, I think it would be great for me if they moved the time, but it might not be great for the ratings.

I like having it after "Criminal Minds," and I think they help each other in the ratings department. So I'd hate to see them separate NY and have the ratings for either show drop.

Maybe they should improve the show instead of shifting it's air-time to avoid competition. ;)

(Of course, since this is just rumor, nobody knows for sure. ;))

I heard some talk at another site about moving it to Tuesdays at 10, but that was discussion/speculation from posters at that site, not anything based on the network. Criminal Minds and CSI: NY work well together, and I think splitting them up would be a bad idea. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, though, but I hope not.

I think NCIS and The Unit go together much better than either would with NY because of the military theme, but I've heard The Unit's future is somewhat in doubt, so it's possible.

My want for NCIS and CSI:NY is purely for the overwhelming rush of manmeat on Tuesday nights. :lol: DiNozzo, Flack and Messer all on the same night? Mmmm baby.

Me I would rather have Mac and Gibbs but each to there own... :D :D Although Flack is cute.

I think the CSI NY/Criminal Minds set up compliment each other better.

Here in the UK we have NCIS and CSINY on the same night on the same channel right after each other, and I must admit I used to watch both but now I just tune in for CSINY.

lookaboomerang said:
My want for NCIS and CSI:NY is purely for the overwhelming rush of manmeat on Tuesday nights. :lol: DiNozzo, Flack and Messer all on the same night? Mmmm baby.

Heh, can't fault you there! :lol: :D But I do think the shows are appropriately paired now. And, I hate to say it, but Criminal Minds does help CSI: NY in the ratings. NY performs better when there's a new CM on before it. So for NY's sake, I'd like to see them stay together.

Faylinn said:
Maybe they should improve the show instead of shifting it's air-time to avoid competition.

That is a very valid point. Since this is speculation, it's all up in the air, but maybe a little continuity would help the show. Maybe if they quit making Stella a victim, Lindsay as annoying arm-candy, and Danny as 'Mr. No-balls-love-sick-puppy-man', they could keep the show where it's at.

And you all are right, CM and NY compliment each other. It would be devastating ratings-wise to move the shows away from each other.

A little improvement in storylines and character development certainly wouldn't hurt anyone, that's for sure. ;)

lookaboomerang said:

*Faints at the thought of all that manmeat* :D Dear writers, can we pllleeeeeeeassseeee have a CSINY/NCIS crossover?! :)

I hope that they don't move them from their time slot!
The only reason that I even get to watch NY is because it's on at a later time after I get home. I miss Bones and Criminal Minds almost every week because they are on earlier at night.

I hope if NY does move, it doesn't move to an earlier time slot. I think the 10pm one suits the show.

Back