"A La Cart" Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Thank you!!! She did it again in A La Cart, didn't she? She also did it in front of Greg in whatever episode it was where she took the blame for the music being too loud.

It reminds me of how the actress who played Marcia Brady in the Brady Bunch movies described the character (who had the same kind of mouth mannerism) as always "kissing herself". I suppose it's meant to be an unblown kiss to Gil, but it's annoying.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Moving her mouth that way just may be a Jorja mannerism like biting your nails, or biting your lip.

As for Ecklie, I think he always suspected they had feelings for each other, but I don't think he ever thought it would amount to anything because Grissom is so guarded and work obsessed.

3. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Well she never did that when she was dating Hank. Must be a special little "kiss" meant for Grissom only. And whoever mentioned that Greg may have seen her do that mouthy thing in the episode where she was playing the music too loud brought up a good point. Greg may have witnessed that little exchange between Grissom and Sara, and may have filed that in his mind as something weird between the two of them.

4. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Or Greg could be doing what Sara did in that one episode to Nick about knowing what "Murder Central" is, trying to impress by pretending they're in the loop of things. Besides, I don't see Greg as the type who'd sit on that information for too long without getting antsy enough to maybe mention or hint it to someone. But that's just my speculation.

5. CSI_TIME

CSI_TIME Dead on Arrival

I could not agree with you more Purejoylove. That was how I saw that scene. Greg has always bluffed/lied in an attempt to impress his co-workers. The sad thing is that he doesn't need to. Plus Greg had his hands full last year with his lawsuit so I doubt he was really paying attention to his co-workers, and if they might be dating.

All in all I loved this episode, and I like many others feel like we got our old CSI back! If they keep this up I will love this season!

There were some moments that I really disliked but overall this is the first episode I have watched more than once in over two years. This one was 10,000% better than the last weeks episode IMO. :D

6. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Hi folks,

Sorry if someone has already asked this (I haven't checked through all the A La Carte forum!!) But as a brit I did not understand why Nick called Grissom "Ricky Bobby"?? I guessed it was banter but I did not get the reference!!!!

I have been wondering this a week now!!!

PS IT is quite possibly my favourite epy EVER!!!

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It's in reference to Will Farrel's character in the movie Talledaga Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. It's a comedy where the title character wants to become a NASCAR driver.

Susan

8. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Does Ricky Bobby happen to wear a stupid cap in the movie? Somehow, I thought it was a reference to that. :p

9. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

enjoyable episode, it was a bit old school CSI as already mentioned!

Loved Gris' hat ;) That'll be something Billy Petersen and his character have in common - a love of mad hats :D

Liked the interaction between Ecklie and Gris and Sara, and also Ecklie butting in on the 'jell-o' experiment, and the look on Gris' face when his theory was proven right - superb.

10. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Oh many thanks! I have not been to the movies much lately.... small kids being the reason...

I thought Griss' hat ace. But I just had this fantasy to want to put my hand down his shirt!!! Ha haa Dream on.

I love this episode 'cos it showed Grissom happy and the team spirt. I also love Ecklie being an arse as he can be the hate figure of everyone's bosses!

Thanks again

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

REPEATING ON NOVEMBER 29, 2007
    For more (ie Cast list or links) see page/post one.

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought I recognized the gal who played the restaurant owner in this episode, but the only person I could think of was Geneviève Bujold, who I knew was too old. It finally hit me: There's a movie I watched years ago called "Wide Sargasso Sea" that starred Nathaniel Parker and also Karina Lombard . . . who played the restaurant owner. I didn't particularly like how her part in the "CSI" episode was written, but I did enjoy her portrayal and thought she brought a certain allure to a role that otherwise could've been quite pedestrian.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

She was also in "Legends of the Fall" with Brad Pitt, playing his second wife in the movie.

14. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I'm watching this episode again so maybe I can catch where they said Warrick got divorced. Totally slipped past me last time, and if I hadn't come to talkcsi, I would still be thinking he was married.

15. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

^I'm pretty sure he says it in his first scene (with Cath, where they come into the crime scene). It's right at the beginning, so keep your eyes pealed at the first part. ;)