"A La Cart" Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree. I think Greg could have possibly known about the relationship. He worked a lot of cases with them recently and maybe caught a few of those stolen glances they would make towards each other. Plus that might be why he stopped pursuing her basically because he knew about them.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Remember, "A La Cart," is set some time after, "Dead Doll." Ecklie probably suspected something as they were searching for Sara because of Grissom's heavy and emotional involvement. Then, he probably heard that Grissom was at Sara's side on the way to the hospital, and Grissom most likely spent most of his free time with Sara which would be a big, flashing sign for romantic relationship.

I don't think that any of the team would rat them out...I hope.

As for Catherine not having a reaction, I hope we may get to see that in the next episode since Sara won't be by Grissom's side.

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I think Sara may have told Greg about her and Grissom. Sara and Greg have always been very good friends, especially after Sara became his mentor. There is just an element of trust between them that makes me think she would have told him, even if only to get him to stop flirting. :p

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think your right on the money, he saw them at the hospital, and he's dense, but not stupid.. and probably suspected since "NESTING DOLLS" when he asked "what are you going to do about her" and Grissom said "I've taken care of it" oh yeah I'll bet he did! I can't imagine anyone one of the team ratting them out, except maybe Hodges, he is such a weasel, and to score brownie points, although he's such a kiss a..to Grissom, maybe not! cause then he'd be on his s... list! & I think they all knew, you can't work with people for going on 8 years and not notice, their a intelligent bunch, just discreet, Brass, Warrick, Cath and I think Nick knew too, just kinda of ignored it, and Doc :rolleyes: it was fun to see Icky Ecklie back, and his so nasty deameanor :mad: and BTW Sara's hair looked great curly, she's so pretty!

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

No, I don't think Sara will tell him the truth. If you watch LA. Cart, he was teasing Nick that he knew about Sara and Grissom. If you watch Living Dolls, you will see Greg's face that he was in shocked to hear about Grissom and Sara, because Grissom just told them last season. Nick is in denial and he don't want to know about Grissom and Sara being together. I think Nick knew, but don't want to know.

No, Greg didn't know about Grissom and Sara. He was lying to Nick. Sara will never tell Greg or anybody, if thought she look like she want to tell them.

6. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

okay, loved the episode.

This was tolerable GSR, and I can see how this is going to play out to Sara leaving.

I didn't really like the B Storyline, but the internal investigation into GSR and the A storyline more than made up for it. Love the look Greg and Nick traded before the chase, loved Grissom's hats (reminds me of my teachers in college). Also, even though I don't like Jorja as an actress sometimes, she has been stellar these past two episodes... way to leave the show on a high note.

7. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Okay, I reserved judgement about Greg knowing about Sara and Grissom until they get around to airing both "Living Dolls" and "A La Cart" here in Australia. We're only as far as "Big Shots" here. I just wanted to throw the theory out there, is all.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I still think Greg had a clue about them. Nick and everyone else , including Greg looked shocked in that room in Living Dolls, but it could have been just the factor that Grissom mentioned he "loved" her that shocked them all the most. I mean Grissom actually say that he loved someone out loud would be shocking no matter what.

9. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Well, the whole point of Sara being kidnapped by Natalie was because she knew that Sara and Grissom were involved. I don't think you can continue running a case as huge as the miniature killer without letting the big guys know all the little details.

10. Point

Point Dead on Arrival

I don't really see it as creepy, as they may have sought mutual comfort from each other and it just went a bit further then they original thought it would?

As for when things started (by the answers in the question), I was curious what fan answers would be :) (I would figure all over the map, but then I missed most of the 5, 6, and 7th seasons, so there may have been something there GSR'ers consider the turning point, so to speak).

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Senerio's of how Ecklie knew about them or anything that goes on.

-Grissom said it loud enough that someone passing by heard it and talked to Ecklie.
    -The group talk amoungst themselves and some one overheard them.
    -The grapevine of the Lab, secrets are hard to keep, they got away with it for this long but nothing stays secret.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think the last is probably the most likely. Also, that scene in BTK 2, as well as Ecklie's comment in Nesting Dolls about being "sure" that Grissom needs Sara, I think Ecklie always knew that they had a relationship (even before they necessarily consummated it) that went beyond just friends and co-workers.

But remember also that Grissom - in front of paramedics, cops, his team, and Sofia - jumped into the helicopter with Sara. Perhaps it was Sofia.

13. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I think that Purejoy is right. They could not hide it from Ecklie for the reason she explained.

14. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Yes, I think that Grissom just put it in his report and request for emergency help. It's a huge explanation for her motive and for why this particular crime was atypical from her psychosis. He couldn't leave it out and keep his superiors and the LVPD sufficiently informed.

In fact, that may have been what bought Gil and Sara some points with Ecklie - that Gil came clean at the time.

15. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Like us, Greg would have to be blind not to notice those annoying little scrunchy mouth movements Sara makes every time she makes an inside "love" joke to Grissom. Really, can't the director tell Jorja to stop that?