*A BIT OF PERSPECTIVE, AND CALL FOR A "TRUCE" RE THE E/C ROMANCE.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in response to MiamiRocks comments:

I can't believe people actually think Eric and Calleigh would actually chose to go home and make love, knowing that Ryan was being beat up. Why would you think that? Calleigh and Eric did not know that Ryan had been kidnapped, let alone that he was being beat up by the Russian's. Even H did not know. So why are you blaming it on E/C? Just because they happened to flash back and forth between the E/C scene and the Ryan scene, does not even mean it was happening at the same time. I realize it might give off that appearance, but Eric and Calleigh's would have been there to help Ryan, had they known about it.

Calleigh asked Ryan to confide in her and he just leaves, claiming he wasn't hiding anything. He was acting strange and Eric, Calleigh and H could see that and knew something was up, but under the circumstances, Ryan felt he had to take care of the situation on his own and not ask his team for help. So when you refer to Calleigh making fun of Ryan with Eric, I suspect you are referring to when they were in the lab working the case and Ryan brought in the bullet he scooped up at the crime scene. They were not making fun of Ryan. They were frustrated with him for taking evidence from a crime scene, he broke protocol, and Eric and Calleigh had no knowledge at that time that Ryan was trying to save Billy. Also, when they confronted Ryan, he offered up no explaination as to why he took the bullet. So, Eric told him to get out. Can you blame him? What if you had been working hard all day trying to find a killer and then you find out one of your co-workers withheld evidence that would change the outcome of the case and offered no explaination. I would have asked him to leave too.

Obviously, after Billy was safe, Ryan probably explained the situation and in the following epi's, his relationship with Calleigh and Ryan was fine. I realize you are a H/Calleigh shipper, which is fine and I understand that people see things the way they want to see them on both sides to make their points appear valid. But viewers need to keep things in context. As for your comment about Eric making smarmy comments about their sex life, I have no clue what you are talking about and would like to know what he actually said to make you think that?

You took the words out of my mouth. Couldn't hav said it better myself. I have watched the last 2 seasons multiple times and I also don't know where Eric made swary comments about their sex life!

This is in response to MiamiRocks comments:

I can't believe people actually think Eric and Calleigh would actually chose to go home and make love, knowing that Ryan was being beat up. Why would you think that? Calleigh and Eric did not know that Ryan had been kidnapped, let alone that he was being beat up by the Russian's. Even H did not know. So why are you blaming it on E/C? Just because they happened to flash back and forth between the E/C scene and the Ryan scene, does not even mean it was happening at the same time. I realize it might give off that appearance, but Eric and Calleigh's would have been there to help Ryan, had they known about it.

Calleigh asked Ryan to confide in her and he just leaves, claiming he wasn't hiding anything. He was acting strange and Eric, Calleigh and H could see that and knew something was up, but under the circumstances, Ryan felt he had to take care of the situation on his own and not ask his team for help. So when you refer to Calleigh making fun of Ryan with Eric, I suspect you are referring to when they were in the lab working the case and Ryan brought in the bullet he scooped up at the crime scene. They were not making fun of Ryan. They were frustrated with him for taking evidence from a crime scene, he broke protocol, and Eric and Calleigh had no knowledge at that time that Ryan was trying to save Billy. Also, when they confronted Ryan, he offered up no explaination as to why he took the bullet. So, Eric told him to get out. Can you blame him? What if you had been working hard all day trying to find a killer and then you find out one of your co-workers withheld evidence that would change the outcome of the case and offered no explaination. I would have asked him to leave too.

Obviously, after Billy was safe, Ryan probably explained the situation and in the following epi's, his relationship with Calleigh and Ryan was fine. I realize you are a H/Calleigh shipper, which is fine and I understand that people see things the way they want to see them on both sides to make their points appear valid. But viewers need to keep things in context. As for your comment about Eric making smarmy comments about their sex life, I have no clue what you are talking about and would like to know what he actually said to make you think that?

You took the words out of my mouth. Couldn't hav said it better myself. I have watched the last 2 seasons multiple times and I also don't know where Eric made swary comments about their sex life!

I only have one comment or question. Do you not remember when Ryan offered the casing to Eric (I don't remember exact words)why he scooped it up; and Ryan said there were extenuating circumstances? Well Eric then told him to get out and Calleigh just waved him out. Ryan looked tired and hurt. I wanted to see some sort of compassion at that moment; but I didn't. I wanted Eric and Calleigh to come down of their self righteous horses for a change and just listen. Ryan didn't feel he could tell anyone anything; until he knew Billy was safe. So that is why he wouldn't tell Calleigh. Everyone focuses on what he did wrong that day. My question is if the shoe was on Eric or Calleigh's foot; would you feel the same way?:shifty:

As far as the smarmy comments go; IDK. I haven't heard any, but I don't remember everything.

We seem to be getting a little off the mark here and I believe the original intent of this thread was to call a 'truce' in some fashion or at least have an open dialogue between both sides to acknowledge the board-wide issues in a central location.

I'm going to close the thread as its purpose appears to be complete for now. Those who wish to continue to discuss the relationship can do so in the Miami Debate Thread in Shipper Central, E/C Thread in Shipper Central or the Dislike Thread in this forum (depending on what kind of discussion you're aiming for).

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back