2 Old Things That Still Bug Me

Gerrard (who ended up killing his daughter's rapist point blank in the precinct) and Sinclair probably didn't really believe that Mac threw the guy off the roof. Gerrard also had known about the original arrest where Dobson had tried to hang himself - so he knew the guy could be suicidal.

Flack not facing any charges wasn't unexpected. Even though we all know the guy wasn't armed when Flack shot him, he had previously been seen with a gun and with all the chaos and shooting it is possible that because the gun was laying next to him and all there wasn't anything IA found that suspicious. Even if Danny had known what Flack had done it would be totally out of character for him to really tell anyone about it. As far as Mac knew - I can't recall whether Flack said anything about the suspect being unarmed at the time.

The thing that bugs me right now is that Danny looses his badge and it's all fine and dandy. WTH. Where is the same Mac Taylor that jumped down Sheldon's throat with both feet twice, because he left out that he knew somthing about both cases?

The other thing bugging me is lack of contunity. Where are Louie and Sam?

Sam could pull a Reed and show up at some point in the future. When talking about Hawkes' sister Adam mentions his father and Flack says "My sister isn't a picnic" - or something to that effect after Danny says "I HAD Louie" so it's possible that he did die. I would have been nice to have that cleared up way back in Season 2 though.

As far as Danny's badge being stolen and his failing to report it (even though Lindsay & Flack told him to) it's not like he's never been in trouble in the past. There was the incident with Minhas and his un-recovered bullet, slamming Elgers' head into the floor, continuing to work a case after Mac told him to drop it, failure to report his stolen gun and possibly something else I can't think of.

Whether or not Mac gets really upset though does tseem to depend on his mood. During the Dobson thing when Adam was busy testing Stella for HIV and all, Mac came in and started screaming at him about how Sinclair (who was in the lab when the results came back) found out what they were before he did.

As far as Mac wanting Hawkes to stay out that specific case - it was basically the same thing with Danny & the Tanglewood cases, Mac didn't want him to work them. Had Run Silent, Run Deep happened in a later season Lindsay would have probably been tossed off the case as well. When Shane Casey set up Hawkes none of them were allowed to work the case.

So, I'm in agreement with most of this thread; there're quite a few plotholes as far as the characters' moralities go. But for the record, I think they were better at filling those holes before this last season. This, for example:

That, IMO, is only worse. Lie to a police officer? In jail. Officer lying to a suspect? Fine and dandy :scream:

Thing is, I've never had a problem with Aiden's methods in this episode because she only lied to that suspect about the victim's cause of death. She made it clear that he was still the suspect (and yeah, the lie forced a confession, but the guy was guilty...makes it hard to feel sympathy). The CSIs on these shows have done far more deceitful things that are less ambiguously-okay -- ie, offering a suspect a drink during interrogation to get his/her DNA.

...And I know obstruction-of-justice is an actual charge, but has anyone ever really gone to jail just for lying to a police officer?:confused:

As for Mac and Clay Dobson, the only thing Mac did wrong in "Past Imperfect" was go after Dobson without letting the others know. I know Mac can get sanctimonious sometimes, but that was one time I was absolutely cheering him on for it :lol: -- he deserved it, because he was being blamed for far worse. Punishment not fitting the crime, and all that.

CRM said:
I think it would be hard to prove Flack actually executed Cade. WE saw it, but it was heated gun battle, bullets are flying. Why would "they" (higher ups) even question it?

On Flack not facing any consequences...I didn't want him to, so I'm a little glad on one hand, but I think he should have. Not just because his presence in that police raid would have raised questions with IA in a consistent universe, but because Cade would've had two fatal-ish gunshots in his body when he was found (one through the gut, and one, presumably, in the head), despite his gun being out of reach from his body. I don't know, maybe it wouldn't have mattered if they couldn't prove which one was the kill shot, but I think it'd be hard to argue that both shots were needed to disarm Cade. (Especially if someone had been able to prove how close Flack was to Cade when he shot him through the head.) Then again, it's also possible someone repositioned Cade's gun so that even if IA initially investigated, they didn't find anything suspicious...

Gah, have thought about this way too much :lol:

The thing that bugs me right now is that Danny looses his badge and it's all fine and dandy. WTH. Where is the same Mac Taylor that jumped down Sheldon's throat with both feet twice, because he left out that he knew somthing about both cases?

If Mac had done the same to the Messers, they wouldn't dare to go vacation disconnecting themselves from the team and the harsh reality that Casey is out. It wasn't that the writers made Mac suddenly realize he needs to show the team his unwavering support, and made him think Danny missing his badge and hiding it to his boss isn't a big deal. It was because of the writers just bent over and gave up the continuity, the logic and the common sense, to set up a big, fussy DL finale. What a shame! :vulcan:

They could spare me the DL finale next season. In fact just spare me DL period. I swear these writers think we're stupid, and that we don't remember the crap they force feed us every Wednesday at 10. I hope next season they give us more Hawkes and Flack episodes, and the finale could be Hawke centric too.

And don't even get me started about Aiden LYING to catch the killer in "Officer Blue." :mad:

:scream:

What Aiden did is a legal thing for an NYPD officer to do. I was watching the commentary, and they were talking about how they're officer on set had told them that they can lie about a part of the investigation to get someone to flip.
That, IMO, is only worse. Lie to a police officer? In jail. Officer lying to a suspect? Fine and dandy :scream:
The police are allowed to mislead suspects though, IRL - that's not even just a TV thing. I'm fairly certain cops can tell a suspect they found their prints, etc... just to try to get the suspect to confess or whatever. That's sort of a standard thing to do. They don't normally do it quite as much on CSI - because they always have the evidence do the talking, but on other shows like Law & Order they do it all the time.

They could spare me the DL finale next season. In fact just spare me DL period. I swear these writers think we're stupid, and that we don't remember the crap they force feed us every Wednesday at 10. I hope next season they give us more Hawkes and Flack episodes, and the finale could be Hawke centric too.

I SO agree with you about D/L and the whole "personal" drama around it. I have never been that annoyed with D/L scenes before as I was in season 6. I don't know what the writers were thinking. They literally pushed the whole D/L story line upon us! Oh, and the next finale should be Flack centric ;).

Back