2 Old Things That Still Bug Me

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ACW1129, May 21, 2010.

1. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Clay Dobson: Mac gets cleared of EVERYTHING and gets to act all sanctimonious :rolleyes:

Even more egregious: Flack facing NO legal consequences for killing Angell's killer. Like it or not, the guy was defenseless, and cops shouldn't let their emotions get the better of them.

And don't even get me started about Aiden LYING to catch the killer in "Officer Blue." :mad:

:scream:

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think Mac was cleared because Sinclair and Gerrard really knew Mac was innocent. It was just all about politics. But yeah, the evidence of his innocence wasn't highlighted.

As for Flack's case, nobody really saw what happened except us. There's a shootout and they are trained shoot-to-kill on situations like that. I think Danny knows what really happened by just looking at Flack. Flack confessed to Mac on "Cuckoo's Nest."

As for Aiden's case, I think it's a trick like what the guys on "Criminal Minds" do often.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Flack may've confessed to Mac, but that's not enough for me.

4. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Am I the ONLY one bugged? :confused:

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

but flack didn't confess to mac, because mac didn't let him. mac seemed to know exactly what flack had done, but as soon as flack verbalised it to mac, mac would be forced, as his superior and a man of integrity, to report it to the powers that be. he didn't want flack to lose his career over a misjudgement that any of them might have made, so instead it was an unspoken agreement that as long as flack pulled himself together and got back to contributing properly to the work of the team, mac would let it go. i think it was the right decision - sure what flack did was wrong, but he went through enough consequences of his own (getting so messed up over his guilt and so on) that i think it was reasonable of mac to look the other way in that instance. i thought it was quite good actually as it showed that mac does understand grey areas, which isn't something we see very often - usually mac's pretty black and white, but in this instance he was able to see the implications and mitigating factors.

however, he should have been more strict/harsh on danny over the loss and non-reporting of his badge.

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^Yes, I agree, and what makes it interesting too is that Flack is a prettblack-and-white guy too, so for him to find himself in a 'gray' area after shooting that guy was different, and I think a reason why he was so torn up about it.
    It was definitely great to see that Mac does recognize gray areas.

7. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

The thing that bugs me right now is that Danny looses his badge and it's all fine and dandy. WTH. Where is the same Mac Taylor that jumped down Sheldon's throat with both feet twice, because he left out that he knew somthing about both cases?

The other thing bugging me is lack of contunity. Where are Louie and Sam?

And could Super Mac take it easy next season? He's getting on my nerves with his selfrightious behavior.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  8. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

If Mac had done the same to the Messers, they wouldn't dare to go vacation disconnecting themselves from the team and the harsh reality that Casey is out. It wasn't that the writers made Mac suddenly realize he needs to show the team his unwavering support, and made him think Danny missing his badge and hiding it to his boss isn't a big deal. It was because of the writers just bent over and gave up the continuity, the logic and the common sense, to set up a big, fussy DL finale. What a shame! :vulcan:

9. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

What Aiden did is a legal thing for an NYPD officer to do. I was watching the commentary, and they were talking about how they're officer on set had told them that they can lie about a part of the investigation to get someone to flip.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly - the writers said they didn't take that route because they thought it would be boring or something - what they meant is that it didn't let them set up the finale as they wanted it. danny's lack of reprimand over the badge really was one of the biggest problems of this season.

11. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

That, IMO, is only worse. Lie to a police officer? In jail. Officer lying to a suspect? Fine and dandy :scream:

12. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I think that Mac has been more at ease with his coleagues as the years gone by. He's slowly becoming more of a friend than an authority figure to them, yet manages to stand his ground, not try to fall for BS, nor BS anybody. Even with Sheldon going to Mac because he felt responsible for two deaths in It Happened To Me, Mac has shown patience and ease with Sheldon. Especially when trying to stop Sheldon from going after the guy who assaulted his ex.

I was actually expecting some kind of scene in court regarding Flack "killing" Angell's killer. Instead, I get Flack hitting rock bottom with alcohol until Mac straightened him out, causing Flack to immediately become sober and ready to go to work.

13. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

I swear they better not shove DL down our throats next season, I'm gaging on them right now as it is.

14. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I think it would be hard to prove Flack actually executed Cade. WE saw it, but it was heated gun battle, bullets are flying. Why would "they" (higher ups) even question it?

Oh--unless they start asking why Flack was even THERE in the first place....:p

Of course, it's television. If I wanted reality, I'd step into a police station. :lol:

And drama-wise--I loved the action. Flack is a black-and-white guy and I was yelling, "DO it, Flack. For once in your life...." BAM! It was a supremely satisfying dramatic moment....no matter how contrived.

Tobin

15. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

See, I disagree. I was like "NO Flack, don't give in!" The Emperor would be proud :lol: