Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I only have an accent when I'm really tired or really angry... :lol:

-Speaking of Penelope, anyone else find it funny that half the times Marc Vann appears in a crime drama, he's an antagonist? :lol:

-I love Hotch's facial expressions. They're mostly furrowed brow, but occasionally he has some good ones. Like when he was half-scolding Reid about "physics magic" in Profiler, Profiled.

-I feel your pain, Bryn. I'm the baby of the family.

-Hotch is just a sucker for getting injured in season finales. This makes two in a row... :lol:

-I always had one or two extra notebooks with me when I was in high school. And, if I got the chance to go to the computer lab, I'd do some typing.

-Reid doesn't really have people skills, in that he doesn't know how to talk to people. How many times have we seen him ramble on too far? And don't forget about his existentialist joke...

-I'm willing to bet he is.

~I think it's funny that every once in a while I notice that I slip into accents that I hear frequently on television. I have to correct myself before people think I'm insane.

~Ah, Marc Vann. Every time I've seen him in anything he's been a jerk. But I've never wanted to punch him on CSI like I did when he was on CM. He was too bitchy to Emily and JJ.

~I love that sometimes you can't tell when he's reacting to something. That's what I noticed when I was watching that scene between Hotch and Emily in Sex Birth Death. I had to watch it a few times to get the wording right, and I noticed that his expression changes as she talks about politics, but it's very slight. It's cool how he does that.

~Poor Hotch. Hopefully he doesn't get the FinaleCurse again this year. That would be kind of pushing it. (I'm surprised that no one has noticed that every year around May something bad happens. You'd think they'd be more careful. *smirk*)

~I love when we have computer work. Because half of the time it's something that I can do in twenty minutes, so I just finish and then do whatever I want. (Unfortunately we have WebSense blocks, so I can't get to TalkCSI. Jerks.)

~Yeah, Reid tends to ramble about things no one cares about. I forget the episode, but in the beginning of one of the ones in season three he's rambling about Star Wars physics in the bull pen and Morgan and Emily are just kind of sitting there with "Please shut him up" expressions on.

~I just think it's interesting because we haven't really heard mention of anything other than Profiler, Profiled and that his dad was killed. Unless I missed something.

~I was just going through a review for Jones and one of the comments pointed out something interesting. Everyone on the main cast has dark hair except for JJ and Garcia, the two blondes, both of whom are not profilers.

ETA: Okay, I just checked the repeat listings for the next two Wednesdays, and I want to know why this is the second time this summer they've repeated Instincts and Memoriam. You have 25/26 episodes to choose from, kthnx. As long as you never repeat 52 Pickup, that is. *hates Jordan*

Hannah in Carson City, Nev.: Any Criminal Minds scoop? Will Shemar Moore's broken leg have any impact on the series?
According to Criminal Minds costar Joe Mantegna, "Shemar's pretty indestructible. He's the toughest guy in the world, so it would take a lot to break him. I haven't heard anything to panic about, although I may be kicking down a few doors myself. [My character Dave Rossi] may have to pick up the slack." Sounds good to us!

I only changed one thing in that (They gave Rossi the wrong first name. Morons.)

Though I'm glad that the broken leg isn't causing too many problems.

Last edited:
~If I'm, say, at school, where I'm around English, my accent isn't that bad. But if I get around other languages or people with accents, it can get kinda thick.

~Marc Vann always plays jerks. On CSI, we were supposed to hate him because he made the characters mad, but I always felt he was just doing his job. On CM, however? Grrr.

~I started watching Dharma & Greg and was like, "Wow. Thomas Gibson has facial expressions?" He really is a funny guy. It makes me wonder how he can go from joking around behind the scenes and then get on camera and be all, "I'm Hotch-ing you." But I like it.

~You would think. I'd start, like, taking May off. Maybe the next FinaleCurse can be a J.J. Bad Thing. I think that would be timed okay and not overdo the Hotch thing.

~I do the same thing. But our computers let me on TalkCSI. *smiles*

~They always give him that look. I find THEM amusing and HIM annoying. It's like how Vincent Nigel-Murray from Bones annoys me with his fact-spouting (I love how I relate everything to Bones...). Sometimes Reid seems liek a show off. And sometimes like just a nerd. It varies for me.

~I had a REALLY good reply typed up to this before it got deleted. *glares* He has to be REALLY damaged. I mean, he grew up in a bad neighborhood, was harassed by racist cops, his dad was killed, making him the man of the house, and, on top of that, he was molested. His childhood was just as bad, if not worse that Reid's (I think I'd rather have a crazy mom than be molested. Just saying). Yet we never see how Morgan is damaged or look back into his life except for 'Profiler, Profiled'. I don't think he shows it because he wants to be the Tough Guy and the Protector. He has a breaking point, too.

~That's a good point. And I love how good friends they are. Actually, how close all of the girls are.

Morons.
And I'm glad, too. Although it would be nice to see Morgan have a Bad Thing. *shakes head*

~So you have an accent that turns itself off. Handy.

~Which is why he totally deserved "Oh, don't worry, he'll sign your reinstatement papers as soon as his hands stop shaking".

~I love how actors do that. They can go from joking with each other to screaming out lines in three seconds flat.

~The finale this year might be an okay time for a JJ Bad Thing. I just want it to be Rossi because he's had nothing yet. At least she had the dogs.

~*mutters* Lucky. I suppose I could go on while I'm working on the Yearbook, but that might not be a good thing to do when you're supposed to be the responsible editor person using the teacher's login. *laughs*

~(That's okay, I relate everything for the CSIs to CM.) What's funny is that he doesn't really know that he's showing off. It's like he thinks the information is necessary.

~I think Morgan has adapted so much to being the guy that kicks in doors that he's blocked out his past. It affects him, but I think he's come to a... not understanding, but a sort of acceptance that his past is his past and it's made him the person he is today. He's firmly placed his past in the past. It doesn't necessarily make him stronger than any of the others, but he has that to his advantage. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how I've seen it.

~Yeah, they put "Joe Rossi". Seriously, check your information before you post it. Really.

~I would've been supportive of a Bad Thing if it wasn't so close to Hotch and Reid and their gunshot wounds. Because you know TPTB would've probably ended up shooting Morgan, too, if they had to write it in. God forbid he gets hit by a car or falls or something. :lol:

Last edited:
~Occasionally. Sometimes it gets annoying. It is also not easy to, say, IM someone in English while all you hear is Spanish.

~Hahah. He DID deserve that. A lot.

~It's cool. That's why I like to watch behind-the-scenes stuff.

~True. The man needs SOMETHING to happen to him. He hasn't really even had anything minor happen.

~Haha. That would be bad. When my math teacher would let me get on the computer when I was bored, I'd come on here. I once tried to show my friends... They were not so interested.

~True. Which IS funny, because it usually isn't, and then everyone ends up looking at him weird.

~True. He doesn't want to dwell on it. He's gotten past what happened (Especially after 'Profiler, Profiled') and is trying to become something else that he was. I've kind of seen it, too. He may not be necessarily STRONGER, but he comes off that way. Maybe he wants to be in control now, whereas he wasn't in the past.

~Yeah. Sometimes, knowing a thing or two about a show BEFORE you post something is a good idea.

~Yeah. That would be worse than NOT giving him a bad thing. You know, I'd like to see someone fall down the stairs just once. For comedic relief. And then we can say we called it, even though we realy didn't.

~That must be fun.

~Almost as much as he deserved being the one held hostage.

~Yeah, I loved the stuff about making the season on the DVDs.

~He kicked the guy's ass in Masterpiece, and besides that was in his own interrogation room, so that doesn't even remotely count. He needs some trauma or he won't fit in. *laughs*

~I used to have the username and password of the science teacher I hated. But he got fired, so even if I wouldn't feel guilty to use his password to go on blocked sites, the login no longer exists. And my friends pay some attention when I rant about a CSI or CM. But mostly they just tune out.

~Usually it's something that isn't necessary. I mean, sometimes it's something interesting, but sometimes I don't even know why it's relevant.

~It doesn't necessarily make him stronger. It just makes it harder to judge if he's affected by something.

~At least they just accidentally put the actor's name in the place of the character's. That's better than when they seemingly make up a name.

~False calling it is always fun.

Hey,do you know when season 4 comes out on DVD?[or it has already?]

I am exremely confused about this spoiler boxes thing..:confused::vulcan:

Guys, make sure you only post spoilers in spoiler boxes. Talking about what happened in the season finale and whether you have an accent are not regarded as spoilers. Threads are no fun when all the posts are in spoiler boxes. I'm sure spoiler free people wouldn't mind talking about the season finale, etc. Thanks. :)

Guys, make sure you only post spoilers in spoiler boxes. Talking about what happened in the season finale and whether you have an accent are not regarded as spoilers. Threads are no fun when all the posts are in spoiler boxes. I'm sure spoiler free people wouldn't mind talking about the season finale, etc. Thanks. :)

Sorry about that. I don't know why we kept it in spoiler tags. It started out about spoilers and then slowly diverted away entirely. :lol:

Yep, September 8. I'm already trying to convince my parents to let me preorder it, but I don't want to pay for it so I have to try to make it sound like it's a good deal. Of course, if they do preorder I need to figure out a way to steal it so that they don't hold it until my birthday. I want it as a birthday gift, but if it would be at my house on the 8th, I don't want to wait eleven days to watch it.

September 8th is not that far away..I haven't purchased a season of Criminal Minds yet myself.From what I watched however from previous dvds I loved the special features/gag reel[?] and I hope they have some good ones on the new dvd.

tciddaisc ,I'm sure you can wait for 11 more days!..Or tell your parents to buy it for you as an early present :D

It's more of the fact that it will be in my house but I can't use it. It doesn't matter that much, though, because if I get it on my birthday I can have a self-designed marathon leading up to the premiere, which is the following Wednesday. (Self-designed marathons are so much better than the ones on TV. You can skip the episodes that you don't like but the networks insist on airing 700 times.)

Tell me about it .Plus you can rewatch the scenes you like as many times as you want.:thumbsup:

It is not an important spoiler really.I just wanted to comment to Emily's new/old hairstyle.I kinda liked the bangs and the new hairstyle will be reminding me of the first episodes she was in:cool:

I liked the bangs too, but I don't really mind the change. Although, it's closer to her S3 hairstyle than S2. Kind of in the middle of the two, really. So she pretty much has a different hairstyle every season, which is good because now I can tell what season an episode is from just by Emily's hair. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back