Grade 'Pay Up'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 14, 2009.

?

How would you grade Pay Up?

1. A+

61 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. A

40 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

As I read all of these replies....I get a few tears in my eyes. It is almost like watching it again!!!:( Each time I watch it, I find something else that makes me go :confused:

Maybe someone can fill in the blank on:

-Dunbrook; Why do I get this hinky feeling that he is part of what is going on?
    Would he have something to do with the ending of how this episode ended? With all of the money he has I'm sure he could buy anyone and pay them to do what he wanted. Not to mention that Mac and Co. have been a pain in his buttocks!! That dude just wrinkles my whiskers!!! :lol:

Next:

-Ya'll cracking me up on a crying Flack!!! Watching it the first time, I really didn't pay attention to how he was looking. Probably because I was crying with him! After a few times I did take note but I, myself am not a pretty crier! I certainly would not toss Flack down the stairs for crying ugly! :lol:

-There was a part of me that wanted a bit more interaction with Flack and Danny. But due to what was happening....I would liked to see a man-hug in there!!

-Even slo-mo through the ending in the bar I could not make out what was going on, where things were going and what the :devil: was happening!! Oh the summer is going to be oh so long!!!!

Would "Pay Up" been better as a two-hour season ender or not? What was the time frame from the last episode to this one? Does one hour of getting your tourture from surprises that come out of left field better?

Sigh....I might have to watch Flack cry again!

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

You are watching the wrong show my friend! Come join us in the Fall!

3. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

great finale .... long summer... but I wonder why a BMW

- German car... Nazy....heldger... Danny or Hawkes ????

Did they used to have stranger car in this show ?

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I give it a B+, simply because I hated that Angell was killed off.

5. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Watched the uninterrupted version online tonight.

Had a feeling that it was Angell that was going to be killed. She's one of those people who were part of the team but not really part of the team. It's still sad to see her go.

The timeline was kind of weird...

Flack seemed to walk around forever in his blood stained shirt. Then he was at Angell's dad's house for the gathering after the funeral (maybe?), then one of the last things that Stella says is something about it being a strange day.

I was hoping that Danny would give Flack a hug at the hospital. Instead he punches the wall and looks towards the camera all angst-like. **frustrated sigh**

Again, I'm surprised that since she was a part of the team and everyone knew her, that Sid could do the autopsy and that this particular team would be permitted to do the investigating, especially Flack going after the bad guys.

At least Danny and Lindsay didn't bring baby Lucy to the lab or to the bar with them.

I guess it's pretty lucky that these guys were the only people in the bar besides the bartender at the end.

Does anyone else think that Dunbrook needs a hair cut? That hair curling at the back of his neck is distracting for me. :lol:

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  6. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Someone else suggested that was Jess funeral. I dont think so the dad was not in funeral type attire. I think when word got out to the family they gathered at the parents house she had four brothers and they could be married with families. Also someone mentioned that Stella was not there at all for Flack. She was in the bar as they were toasting Angel and Sid was sharing his thoughts Stella went over to Don and put her hand on his arm and when Lindsey said somthing about not making it into a tear fest or somthing like that Stella got closer and more protective to Flack. Why does everyone think Danny needed to "Hug" Flack? Danny may be a huggy type of guy but Flack isnt. I know alot of men who dont do the hug thing. The only hug that could console Flack at that time was taken from him,and as far as Flack shooting the guy Good job saves the taxpayers of New York his room and board.:thumbsup:

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

exactly! Stella does care a lot for Flack but she does know what he really needs. In 5.13 she kissed him because it was her way to show her affection but she noticed he was kinda of uncomfortable when she said everyone was supporting and believing in him
    Now, Stella showed her affection again, without words, giving him exactly what he needed. She got close to him to console him but she didn't use words because she knows very well there are not words to comfort him after Jess' loss
    I hope we will have a funeral. We need to say goodbye to Jess.She deserves it!

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The whole episode took place in one day, my reaction was that Flack went from to hospital straight to where Mac & Danny were. Like I said earlier, I do not think that it was a funeral.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree. I assumed family was gathering at the father's house after they heard the news and it wasn't a funeral.

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

My thoughts as well. It seemed more like a wake than a funeral. And they wouldn't have gotten the whole funeral together so quickly anyway.

Because Angell wasn't one of the team. She was a detective, not a CSI, and as far as investigating the death goes, there'd be no immediate conflict of interest.
    Flack though should definitely have been off the case. Assuming of course that the IA guy wasn't the only one who knew that he was shagging Angell, there's no way that Flack should have been anywhere near the case and certainly nowhere near the final takedown. (then again, neither should any of the CSI SWAT team (rolls eyes))

It's interesting to me to not that in all the pages of responses to this thread, nobody has commented on the unprofessionalism of a Detective on duty making a booty call to her boyfriend when she's supposed to be acting as a bodyguard to a witness. I can't help wondering how long the rants would have been if I don't know, maybe Lindsey had phoned Danny up to flirt with him while she was processing evidence.

I'm also thinking that poor Flack might be feeling doubly guilty thinking that maybe if Jess hadn't been on the phone to him, she might have actually been taking an interest in her surroundings, and maybe had a few seconds warning before the truck smashed into the diner.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I can't help wondering why you wouldn't just make the observation that you felt Angell was being unprofessional rather than bringing Lindsay into it and making a comment about what other posters did or did not say.

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I think it was so she/he could remind us of the "unprofessional" Lindsey who left evidence out when she and Danny were flirting in the lab.:lol:

14. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

We (the viewer) knows that that the flash drive fell into the gutter,but did Dunbrook know that? Is there anyone else that would kill to make sure the secrets of the flash drive was safe?

Maybe I'm just over analyzing...

15. sucker4-SMacked

sucker4-SMacked Prime Suspect

well in my opinion Angel is still ALIVE!!!! i'll explain...

you know the paper cover that Dunbrook showed Mac it said she died on the 20th so she is alive for four more days... to look on the bright side:)

and so when Stella went to Greece and Mac came that was one the 13th so the time between her episode and there intense romantic hug scene was one week... do you know what can happen in one week??:confused: