Grade "Communication Breakdown"

How would you grade Communication Breakdown?

• A+

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • A

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • A-

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • B+

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • B

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • B-

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • C+

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • C

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • C-

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • D+

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

• F

• Total voters
This episode didn't do much for me and the Flack & FAILtective scenes had me dying of secondhand embarrassment. *gags* They're both hot and all but I just do not see the chemistry.

I really liked all the scenes with Danny tonight, even when he wasn't picking baby names (which was adorable). He and Adam were all adorkable together over that poker site.

I'm also really glad that Flack was FINALLY made aware of the baby. :lol: That last scene wouldn't have been as good without him.

I'm surprised they revealed the sex of the baby already. I won't lie, I was pulling for a boy but as long as everyone is happy and healthy then I'm happy.

Poor guy looked so nervous about having a girl though. His face was priceless. :guffaw:

ETA: And don't even get my started on the "Louie mention" that gave us absolutely no info on whether he's even still around. At least they haven't forgotten about him...

Last edited:
I loved this episode.
There were only 2 things missing from this episode.
1. Mac speaking another language. I would've loved to hear Mac tell Danny about the name Kurt in another language. Maybe German since, according to Mac, Kurt is a name of German origin that means courageous.
2. Danny speaking another language. I know what other language Danny could speak--Italian. Unless that was Italian and not French that Angell was speaking. Uh...I can't picture Danny speaking French. Italian-yes, French-no. So, I hope that was French that Angell was speaking.
Things I learned from this episode. I'm gonna Google the accuracy of items D and F:
A. Sheldon's parents didn't name him till 6 weeks after he was born.
B. Sid and Sheldon need to speak plain English. I don't have a medical degree and science was NOT my best subject in school. English and spelling were my best subjects.
C. Danny has some family members with "Godfather movie" names.
D. There is a universal translator??? I thought they only had those in Star Trek. That thing Flack and Angell were using at the end and in one scene at the beginning of the show sure acted like a universal translator, to me. I want one of those.
E.
roximonoxide said:
And the crook himself? He looks an awful lot like a suburbanite Caucasian to me, but ok, fine. He's supposed to be Montiquan too.
You put enough caucasian people in both sides of the guy's family tree and that could explain him looking more white man than Indian.
F. Yes, I'm going through as much of the alphabet as I can. I learned baleen is a product made from whales.
Guess F is as far as I'm gonna get in the alphabet.
Now as far as what letter of the alphabet I'm grading this episode with...that would be A with a plus sign after it. Yep. I'm giving this episode an A+.

Now...
RE-RUN. The repeat: Sex, Lies and Silicone. The episode where the lady with the incriminating flash drive is killed and someone steals the flash drive. How do I know this??? The March 30-April 12 (double issue) of TV Guide I got in the mail today gave it away in the grid on page 80. Quoting TV Guide here: "CSI: NY (CC): A corporate fixer is murdered and the probe uncovers political corruption. HD TV14 "

And...
This direct from the March 30-April 12 (double issue) of TV Guide I got in the mail today. From page 71: CSI: NY 10/9c Season 4 Idol runner-up Katherine McPhee guests as a singer with murderous revenge on her mind. Taylor Hicks, you've been warned."

Last edited:
Carolyn3843 said:
2. Danny speaking another language. I know what other language Danny could speak--Italian. Unless that was Italian and not French that Angell was speaking. Uh...I can't picture Danny speaking French. Italian-yes, French-no. So, I hope that was French that Angell was speaking.

Yes. It was very much French.

B. Sid and Sheldon need to speak plain English. I don't have a medical degree and science was NOT my best subject in school. English and spelling were my best subjects.

What did they say that was unclear?

D. There is a universal translator??? I thought they only had those in Star Trek. That thing Flack and Angell were using at the end and in one scene at the beginning of the show sure acted like a universal translator, to me. I want one of those.
I'm not sure this thing is real either. At least how they depicted it. I know the hologram dealy in the morgue is not so real at all.

roximonoxide said:
And the crook himself? He looks an awful lot like a suburbanite Caucasian to me, but ok, fine. He's supposed to be Montiquan too.
You put enough caucasian people in both sides of the guy's family tree and that could explain him looking more white man than Indian.
Oh, is that how that works! :lol: I explained up there^^, that wasn't what I took issue with at all. Regardless, he's not Indian. Indians come from India.

F. Yes, I'm going through as much of the alphabet as I can. I learned baleen is a product made from whales.
It's the cartilage like material that some species of whales use to filter their food out of the water. It's not just a product manufactured from the animals. I also think they could have taken a moment longer to better explain that in the show.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this eppie. Especially all of the wonderful Flack/Angell scenes. It's cool Angell knows French as EV grew up in a French speaking household, so it was nice to hear her speak it. I think the reason Angell didn't mind Flack listening to the translator is that it wasn't that loud and there wasn't anyone crowded around Flack. It was nice just to get to see them together.

I loved Danny trying to come up with baby names and everyone putting in their two cents. I love that Hawkes' parents wait six weeks to name him and then they give him the moniker of Sheldon.

The guy who played the killer was Sam Page. He used to be on All My Children and he was Meg's boyfriend for a short while on American Dreams.

Did anyone else think that sport they Irish guys were playing looked like field hockey?

Exactly, i think flack and angell scenes were sooo cute....its def showing that they're really comfortable with each other...i mean they mite have been cheesy about it but their relationship is obviously working out and they're all gaga eyed over each other right now..Flack deserves to be in love with someone as equally as hot as HIM:)
Flack thinks angell speaking french is sexy,they tried to wipe dust from each other... and he was like come here, u got some schmutz all over ya…they're soooo cute!
It def is heating up, they really do like each other now, and they’re very comfortable with each other so csi is definitely more open to exploring this relationship. I mean the heat of danny and Lindsay faded and now flack and angell is heating up as one of those young, like it seems like they are in high school its so cute, she’s so girly around flack and flack is so cute around her trying to protect her…
oh oh oh and
“Stop by my place later and I’ll show you the true meaning of international relations” - i know it was not subtle, but FINALLY!!! they've been subtle enuf already!
and they look really happy together...

loved this ep. full of different languages, flack and angell hotness and baby names. lol.

- first scene. what the filipinos said were sorta cheesy lol. minamahal kita and iniibig kita means one and the same thing. i love you. okaaay. haha. but i am still proud that at least our language was featured ;)

- overall case was fine. well the chief didn't die of the gunshot. i just knew they were gonna make something else out of it. catching the asian dude in the beginning of the ep was too easy.

- flack and angell. man. HOT. their scenes ooze with chemistry it's insane. loved the last scene, although the translator's voice was so robotic and bland. wish angell herself translated what she said. but still, HOOOOOOT. lol.

- danny and the baby names. cute, but irritating. it was mentioned over and over and over and over again. well he was asking for the team's advice on it, so it was cool.

- sid and his lithuanian grandmother. cute. it seemed like everybody was speaking different languages. too bad we didn't hear mac or adam. :p

overall it was an awesome ep, A. + for the flack and angell hotness. :lol:

A good episode, but fairly slow moving. It seemed to be a little easy to see that the computer guy from the hotel had something to do with it, as soon as he was seen.... the fact that he had a comment about having to leave the computer made it a little bit obvious, but not too bad of an episode overall. The point of having Danny walking around picking names for the baby got old after awhile- did Danny have anything else to really say during the rest of the episode????? He comments on the "map," but I think that every other conversation was baby names.:brickwall:

P.S. Is there a link (or can someone tell me) how to post spoiler boxes? I have a comment, but don't know how to do the "hidden" box thingy....

The instant I heard the short little exchange in Tagalog on the train, I knew I would end up liking this episode; it just put me in a good mood.

I honestly don't think Angell and Flack can get much hotter to me. Angell speaking French was freaking awesome (and Flack's reaction was priceless), and Flack speaking Gaelic pretty much killed my brain for a few minutes. I also liked their cute little exchanges throughout the episode, especially when they were dealing with the uppity hurler. Gosh.

I'm jealous of that little translation device Flack had, but it's completely implausible that the NYPD would shell out for even just one of those, when you consider how many of the detectives seem to speak foreign languages.

Sid is so cool - and he speaks English, Nerd, and Lithuanian. Now that's impressive. And gosh, Hawkes and Adam are cool, too. They're all just so cute~

I am pretty disappointed that we didn't get any Italian from Danny, but instead, a bunch of drivel about what he wanted to name his baby. I mean, I get it; he's excited for the kid and stuff... but as Mac made obvious, Danny didn't even discuss any of that with Lindsay, so I can't appreciate it.

Also, it turned out to be completely pointless when a text message exchange between Lindsay and Danny revealed the baby to be a girl anyway. I can't help but imagine that the text conversation was like...
"danny, just found out its a girl. yay!"
"great!"
...because he read her message and replied pretty dang swiftly. Unless he's got some godly texting skills and uses T9, he can't have said much more than that. (Ah, I just thought: Maybe he didn't even reply at all. If you take it that way, then on the one hand he might want to call her about it and have a good, in-depth, emotional conversation. On the other hand... well, that hand is a tad grim, so I won't mention it.)

The case didn't end too strongly, but as a whole, it wasn't very engaging either. I really wonder how they managed to get a federal warrant based on "why would he fold on that hand? he's cheating, that's why!", but it happened; whatever.

I also wasn't too keen on Mac punching the guy in the face, just because... well... what was the point of it? He was standing there, unarmed, in the dark; Mac had an extremely obvious advantage. Just seemed excessive.

Still, though, I did like the episode. It was pretty entertaining.

Also, as a side note, I hate the hologram thing in the morgue. I just... I don't even know why it's there. Every time I see it, I end up imagining how awkward it must be to pretend to be looking through holographic guts. :lol:

I'm trying to imagine the text message.

"UR BB IS A GIRL!"

That's totally how I'd want to reveal the gender of our child to my spouse.

(I don't text, so that may or may not be how one would actually do so. Newfangled contraptions! *shakes fist*)

klb said:

P.S. Is there a link (or can someone tell me) how to post spoiler boxes? I have a comment, but don't know how to do the "hidden" box thingy....
[*spoiler=Upcoming episode]This is where you type the spoiler[*/spoiler]

Take out the **

You can also type everything out and then highlight it in the advanced posting mode - then click the little yellow smiley on top of the post box with the X over his mouth. It will prompt you to put in something that goes where I wrote "Upcoming episode" up there.

This is the result:

This is where you type the spoiler

"UR BB IS A GIRL!"

(I don't text, so that may or may not be how one would actually do so. Newfangled contraptions! *shakes fist*)

Oh, gracious. I would hope that Lindsay doesn't type like that, not just because it's one of my biggest pet peeves, but because I think Danny's reaction to that could be hilarious. :lol:

You're right, though - that's pretty typical text message language.

I loved this episode.
There was only 2 things missing from this episode.
1. Mac speaking another language. I would've loved to hear Mac tell Danny about the name Kurt in another language. Maybe German since, according to Mac, Kurt is a name of German origin that means courageous.
Things I learned from this episode. I'm gonna Google the accuracy of items D and F:
A. Sheldon's parents didn't name him till 6 weeks after he was born.
C. Danny has some family members with "Godfather movie" names.
E.
roximonoxide And the crook himself? He looks an awful lot like a suburbanite Caucasian to me, but ok, fine. He's supposed to be Montiquan too.
Guess F is as far as I'm gonna get in the alphabet.
Now as far as what letter of the alphabet I'm grading this episode with...that would be A with a plus sign after it. Yep. I'm giving this episode an A+.

Now...
RE-RUN. The repeat: Sex, Lies and Silicone. The episode where the lady with the incriminating flash drive is killed and someone steals the flash drive. How do I know this??? The March 30-April 12 (double issue) of TV Guide I got in the mail today gave it away in the grid on page 80. Quoting TV Guide here: "CSI: NY (CC): A corporate fixer is murdered and the probe uncovers political corruption. HD TV14 "

And...
This direct from the March 30-April 12 (double issue) of TV Guide I got in the mail today. From page 71: CSI: NY 10/9c Season 4 Idol runner-up Katherine McPhee guests as a singer with murderous revenge on her mind. Taylor Hicks, you've been warned."

I forgot 1 thing in ^^that post^^.
1. I loved hearing Sid say something in Lithuanian. Copying it from the closed captioning "Kame rya sveisos ten it seseliu esti."
Now...about that translation device. That translation device does exist. Here's a link to the page that it's pictured at the top of. http://www.ectaco.com/info/iTravl-Deluxe/
That little device attached to it in the picture is so you can have it to read a book writen in another language in that other language or translate the other language to your own language.
I did a Google search and the company that makes it came up on the right side of the screen under Sponsored Links. Soon as I went to the site and saw the company name/logo I recognized it from when Flack looked down at it to see and hear that the guy he just told speak in to it had said "One minute he was just sitting there. The next minute he was dead." I saw the company name/logo on the top left corner of the device when Flack when looked at it in ^that scene^.

Last edited:
- first scene. what the filipinos said were sorta cheesy lol. minamahal kita and iniibig kita means one and the same thing. i love you. okaaay. haha. but i am still proud that at least our language was featured ;)

Yeah, I know, it's ridiculous!! :rolleyes: No one says that unless you're reciting poetry or breaking into song. TPTB didn't even get that one right. The Filipino couple was so stiff and the phrases weren't your average conversational Tagalog or Taglish. Would you tell your boyfriend, "Minamahal kita" or "Iniibig kita?" I don't think so...We would use, "I love you!" or as an exaggeration, "Ilabyuuu!" :lol:

Haha, I loved the scene between Hawkes and Danny. I love Hawkes's quip about Danny choosing a name from the cast list of The Godfather II. So freaking hilarious!

As for Flack speaking Gaelic? Too damn hot! :devil:

Last edited:
Breaking news! New York is a big, big city with many, many people from all over this big, multicultural, multi-ethnical world... so? I don't see the point in having a bunch of people speaking different languages in just one single episode to remind us that. It simply doesn't make sense. Instead, they could have bits of those multilingual scenes scattered about the episodes, because the only one to speak something that's not English on a regular basis is Stella. This whole "oh, we're different, but we're all Newyorkers and we're awesome!" display was rather stupid.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one annoyed by the baby name thing. I wish I got paid to do personal stuff and pester my colleagues during my shift.

The case was... wait a minute, there was a case! I think.

*sigh* And next week we get a rerun. Great :shifty:

"UR BB IS A GIRL!"

*laughs* Oh god, that's horrible. I hate texting like that. Except for the occasional "lol" or "brb". Seriously, though. Maybe, like, a phone call? No? Even though that wouldn't lend to the reactions from the team, but still.

Sid speaking Lithuanian was hilarious, because I have Lithuanian in me and I didn't know they their own language. So much for knowledge of your heritage.

Okay, I have to say it. The Flack/Angell scene at the end was incredibly cheesy and I hated the translator. But it was still cute and I love them and I can't dislike it. :lol:

Back