Season 5 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Even though NY didn't air this week, I thought I'd post some numbers just for those of us who might have been curious - I'm slightly relieved that the nearly-naked women didn't get more viewers than an average episode of NY. :lol:

Wednesday 10 p.m.
    Law & Order (NBC)
    Viewers: 11.26 million (#1), A18-49: 2.9/ 8 (#2)

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (CBS)
    Viewers: 8.73 million (#2), A18-49: 3.6/10 (#1)​
    Law and Order did good last night - it only had 6.26 million last week and 7.58 million the week before. It makes you wonder if some of the NY viewers flipped to Law and Order rather than watching the Victoria's Secret show...

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I know I would've, had I bothered to turn the TV on at all...

3. Faylinn

My mom wanted to watch the fashion show, so I joined her. Mostly we just declared that all of the models were aliens* and commented about which of the outfits looked ridiculous. :p However, I have decided that Miranda Kerr is possibly the most adorable girl ever. :lol: She just seemed so cute and bubbly. (Adriana Lima is my mom's favorite.) :p

* When they were talking about bad pickup lines and one of them said 'We're human', I was like, 'THIS IS A LIE!' :lol:

[/off-topic]

My mom loves Law and Order - she can find an episode on TV at any hour of the day (granted, it's on every hour of the day, so that's not exactly a gift). If the fashion show hadn't been on, she would have been watching Law and Order instead of taping it in the other room. :p

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

L&O really had a surge in the ratings without CSI:NY up against it. I guess that really shows how much the two really are in competition with each other. NY's ratings started to dip once L&O came back.

5. Faylinn

Yeah, NY's ratings did dip when L&O came back, but it's interesting that L&O would get five million more viewers than the previous week when not up against NY (granted, the previous week had both series up against a Barbara Walters special, but still).

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

That's great news! :)

8. Faylinn

Yeah - wow, Law and Order dropped down by nearly four million viewers from its last episode. Here's the info including 18-49 (which advertisers care about, but I'm not entirely sure why they're so smitten with the group):

5.10 "The Triangle":

The growth is good, but I hope they can get back up to the numbers they were pulling at the beginning of the season. (They pretty much tied with Miami this week, though, which got 13.62 million.)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's amazing that NY is tying Miami though; Miami used to be waaaaay ahead of them. I think it's more that Miami is dipping rather than NY is rising, though. Well, at least more of the former than the latter, though NY's ratings do seem to be up a bit this year, or at least they were at the beginning of the season.

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Great news about this week's ratings boost, an additional million viewers!! :thumbsup: The promo they used the full week beforehand advertising the show was a good one, with the whole slightly eerie "Triangle" angle, so I'm sure that intrigued plenty of viewers to tune in and see what it was all about.

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

12. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

Pretty good numbers for NY. I agree what with someone else said on this post:Miami's number are declining while NY might be rising a tiny bit. That doesnt suprise me a bit.I used to be an avid Miami watcher, but I don't think I've caught a single episode this season. On the other hand,if I don't catch an episode of NY,my Tivo does

13. Faylinn

Ooh, thanks for the heads up, JellyBelly. :D

5.11 "Forbidden Fruit":

(PI Feedback) Too bad the numbers dropped in the second half of the episode. I think they usually do, but still - it sucks.

14. Faylinn

5.12 "Help":

(PI Feedback) Numbers were back down a little bit.

15. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Can I say that I am irritated that nobody seemed to turn off because the show got in such a relationship mess??? But on the other hand, that just confirms whoever say, ships are non-relevant to a processing show...