CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

If they were to make Angell a regular, they would need to build her charater much more. Look at Adam, he has been around since season 2 and has only just now been made a regular. We know a lot about Adam, and still have more to learn, where as Angell, we know what, she's the youngest of four with three older brothers and a father in the police force or whatever. That doesn't really make for a regular character just yet. And hopefully (I pray, I beg) she's brought in as Detective Jessica Angell, not Detective Jessica Angell Flack's Girlfriend. We've been there done that. I'll say it again as I have many a time, I like Danny/Lindsay, but we only need one dramatic ship, hell one crazily canon ship, in a show.

and let's just say the chemistry between her and Det. Flack is not ignored."
Oh, boy, oh, boy, I wonder what that means? Could it possibly mean that a fun, flirtatious dynamic that added a little bit of spice to the show without bathing it in gobs and blobs of shippy glurge is suddenly going to mutate into a hundred-headed monster that smothers any joy one might have taken in the pairing by shoehorning it into highly inappropriate moments and beating viewers about the head with it like a hyperactive child beating its Hokey Pokey Elmo to death with its Fisher Price cash register in a bid to silence Elmo's constant call to stick his one foot in and pull his one foot out? As a bonus, it will also reduce an already bland, unimpressive Angell to a holster for Flack's dinky?

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :censored: :censored: :censored:

It's times like this that I wish TPTB didn't occasionally peep at this board. All it takes is for one curious pencil monkey to see comments noting on the Flack/Angell chemistry, and they're off and running, and commentary on their chemistry soon becomes something the fans are "dying to see." I'm sure that in their fevered little minds, the revelation that Angell will soon be peeling Flack's banana is a bombshell of liquid squee coated in nougaty shippers' caramel.

~Quietly readies golden parachute with which to make her escape~

Last edited:

From the 'Just the Facts' thread:

5.12 - "Help"

Sorry, I've only be able to have a quick look at the spoilers, so this is a little bit rushed. I think the team is investigating two deaths. A woman dies at a designer wedding dress sale, and a musician is raped and murdered. The two cases may actually be linked.

Hawkes has dinner with an ex girlfriend. She was raped years ago and Hawkes thinks that the same man has struck again.

In other notes, Flack and Angell are working on the case together. Sid and Adam share a scene. Sid recognises the musician because she played at his subway stop.

This could perhaps give us some interesting insight into Hawkes' life. :)
It looks like a very interesting episode - more Hawkes is never a bad thing.

Guys here is CTV's promo for Sex Lies and Silicone I found it on you tube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j-9aVGWWx-s
:lol: Flack is so horrid, I love it. :p But really, a guy like Flack could not possibly work a case involving silicone dolls and not snark it up. :lol:

ETA: From TVGuide.com "Today's News" by Matt Mitovich and Mickey O'Connor:

Are there any plans to make Emmanuelle Vaugier a regular cast member of CSI: NY? — Eric
Matt: "It's certainly possible." And that's not just my love for Saw II talking, it's a quote from NY's exec producer. "We all love Emmanuelle and what she's done with her character Det. Angell," says Peter Lenkov. "Right now she's scheduled to appear in several upcoming episodes, and let's just say the chemistry between her and Det. Flack is not ignored."
Yes, let's make Angell a regular cast member only to reduce her to Flack's love interest. :rolleyes: I'd also hazard a guess that the "chemistry between her and Det. Flack is not ignored" comment means they're gonna rush headlong past flirting and straight into who knows what. :rolleyes:
I do like me some Angell, so the news that they're keeping her around and that the writers like her is definitely good news. The possibility of her becoming a regular at some unspecified future time would be nice, although with more one-case episodes, they don't strictly need two detectives all the time (of course, they already like putting her and Flack on the same cases, so if they're going to 'not ignore' the chemistry, aka pour it on without restraint, having her there every episode would fit right in with their plans :rolleyes:).

I'm hoping they just leave it at flirting with those two - really, we don't need another set of major characters dating/sleeping together/whatever - particularly if they end up making her a reg eventually.

(Also, it's kind of funny that Lenkov felt he had to specify that their chemistry wouldn't be ignored when it obviously hasn't been ignored so far - did we think they were suddenly going to forget it?)

This is why we can't have nice things.

Here's a CBS clip of an altercation between Mac and Sinclair from tonight's episode. Also has the first mention of the 'budget cuts' we've been warned about.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iLqzl-l8t1U

and another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agCdNbghm0U&feature=user

Oooooo! Mac/Sinclair tension! And Sinclair having ties to a vic. That raises my spirits which were dampened by the Flack/Angell spoiler. That right there is interesting and compelling character development and dramatic tension. How can the same people who give us scenes like that also give us the utter crap that is the Drama Llama?? It boggles the mind.

Uh uh! anyone could describe scenes? Those videos are not available in my country :(

"Right now she's scheduled to appear in several upcoming episodes, and let's just say the chemistry between her and Det. Flack is not ignored."

Well as much i love Donnie and i like Angell with him i feel upset Peter ignores deliberately my ship. Mac and Stella has been tested in S1. I only find good comments on that season but they will make us wait until Season 25 at least (if ever) to make it happens

It's unfair (They really deserve to be thrown to the Lions)

Deb

That sounds like it has the potential to be a really interesting storyline for Hawkes, I'm looking forward to seeing that episode now.

As for Angell possibly becoming a regular - while she's not top of my list, I do like the character so I wouldn't mind that. The prospect of another strong female character on the show also appeals. However like others I would also prefer to see her developed on her own rather than in conjunction with Flack or anyone else. After all, it's not that long ago since TPTB had us totally confused about whether her first name was Jessica or Jennifer; that's hardly a sign of a well developed character (in my opinion).

I don't know, perhaps I need to start shipping people in this show to have the experience TPTB seem to want me to have. I feel I'm missing out. :lol:

Ghawazee said:

Uh uh! anyone could describe scenes? Those videos are not available in my country :(
Okies, I transcribe. :)

First video, with Mac and Sinclair:
Mac: Is that why you dropped by, to tell me how to do my job?
Sinclair: I heard you had a break-in this morning, that's why I came by.
Mac: If lab security hadn't been farmed out to the lowest bidder, you might have saved yourself the trip
Sinclair: For every NYPD salary we no longer pay, we can hire three new civilians. You do the math, detective. The phrase is 'bottom line'. Three people for one.
Mac: If lab security is vulnerable, every piece of evidence we process can be called into question. What's the bottom line on that?
Sinclair: I understand your frustration. I get orders from the top, just like you. I don't have to like them, I just have to make them happen.
Mac: Do more with less - seems you tell me that every year.
Sinclair: And yet every year you seem to accomplish it. In the next few weeks, you'll be receiving recommendations for additional budget cuts.
Mac: Look, Chief, I don't--
Sinclair: It's the new reality, Taylor. Get used to it. Now, what can you tell me about this intruder?
Mac: I'm more interested in what you can tell me...about the victim.

(Cut to a different location)

Mac: This is Ann Steele's cell phone. She called you two hours before her death. What was that about?
Sinclair: She left a message saying she had a parking ticket she needed taking care of.
Mac: So you knew her. Your e-mail address is also in here.
Sinclair: We shook hands at a press conference, couple of charity auctions. She earned her living by making connections.
Mac: A man like you would be a great resource to a woman like that.
Sinclair: Trust me, Ann had access to people a lot more powerful than me.
Mac: Her business card said she was a consultant. That's a pretty generic title considering the company she kept. Any idea what type of consultant she was?
Sinclair: Rumor is she fixed problems, you know, made things go away.
Mac: I take it we're not talking overdue tax returns.
Sinclair: Why don't you stick to the science on this, Mac? I'll take care of the politics.
Mac: Why do I get the feeling you know more than you're telling me?
Sinclair: Because you're a cop. Just remember I'm your boss.​
I'll edit with the other one - don't want to lose this if my computer messes up. :p

ETA: Second video, the clip with Mac, Danny and Flack.

[It's nighttime]
[Blood drops fall into a blood pool.]
[Someone is looking at their hands, which the blood fell from.]
[The person looks out toward the street, where people come around the corner.]
[People are twirling hula-hoops and fire and riding unicycles and such.]
[The person gets up off the ground - it's a woman, and she staggers forward.]
[It's a party in the street, and the woman goes up to a man on stilts.]
[She grabs his pants and asks for help before she collapses, knocking him down with her.]

(Scene switch)

[The man on stilts is sitting in the back of an ambulance]
[Danny, Mac and Flack walk toward the scene]
Flack: Caucasian female, no ID.
[Mac looks around]
Mac: What, is the carnival in town?
[They arrive at the body]
Flack: Nah, it's a renegade street party. Ever since the city put restrictions on public gatherings, they've been popping up all over town.
[Danny looks at the victim using a flashlight in the dark]
Danny: I say she's a little overdressed for the occasion.
[The victim is wearing a skirt suit]
[Flack gestures to the stilt-walker]
Flack: Ballerina on stilts over there said she just wandered over to him and dropped. No idea where she came from.
Mac: What time did the party start?
Flack: Midnight. I'm taking statements from everyone. So far, no one saw anything suspicious.
[Mac studies the victim]
Mac: Multiple lacerations to the face and skull. COD appears to be blunt force trauma.
[Danny notices something]
Danny: Looks like she left us some clues.
[The flashlight follows a blood trail]
Mac: And they're deadly.
[The blood trail leads back to the pool of blood from the beginning of the scene]​
There - not exact, but it should give y'all an idea of what's going on. :)

Last edited:

Yay, Sinclair's back. I like Sinclair. The thing I love about Mac/Sinclair conflict is that it's usually quite 'fairly' done. I mean, both of them seem to have valid points. Both are victims of the budget cuts, Mac wants to protect his people, Sinclair wants to make cuts so they can hire more civilians...Both have good points, it seems. And both, to some degree, are wrong. Mac doesn't fully appreciate the world of politics Sinclair has to face, but Sinclair doesn't have the same closeness to the members of Mac's team or the same sense of responsibility to the lab....
It's good that Sinclair is portrayed as a complete 'evil' adversary for Mac and the team, like Stetler and Eckley. I'm interested in the thing about Sinclair being 'connected' to the victim.

I've read that Mac and Stella have some sort of conflict in an ep later this season, and that it's possibly connected to the cuts. I hope it is done the same way, where both have valid points, but both are also at fault to some degree. Like in Officer Blue, or like with Mac and Flack in Consequences.

Did anyone else start thinking of Chuck Norris quotes when Sinclair was all "I'm your boss". :lol:

Mac Taylor does not sleep. He waits.

When Mac Taylor does a push up, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

If at first you don't succeed, you're not Mac Taylor.

Most kids wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Mac Taylor pajamas.

Mac Taylor has two speeds: Walk and kill.

:lol: I love those things.

The Chuck Norris-into-Mac Taylor jokes are awesome! I am sooooooo using them.

The next episode is where Stella is attacked by the Greek man right? He attacks her but is speaking in greek but since she can speak in Greek she speaks it back. If that make sense.:shifty::):shifty:

Yep, the next episode is the one where Stella gets attacked. Based on the promo, that scene seems to have changed at least slightly from the original spoilers, but I imagine we'll still hear her speaking Greek. :p

i almost freaked out last night with the preview..... my two fave things ever CSI:NY and Indiana Jones all in one next week!!!!!

i am so looking forward to all the referances they're most likely going to make. i hope they make plenty of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" references, that's my all time fave movie.

also looking forward to seeing how and why Stella gets thrown down the stairs, seems interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back