701 Resurrection - **Contains Spoilers!!**

Hey Everyone,

Okay I thought the episode was pretty good.

Alot of action, intrigue and drama. I love the new credits, and the new pics they chose.

I was just upset that H never spoke with Calleigh or Frank for that matter. In the end I found it missing that very special scene. I mean Calleigh always has his back and Frank is always by his side. How could TPTB leave out such a necessary scene?

I really liked how H explained to Eric, but why not have both, or all of them their so he could explain it to them all as a TEAM!!!;)

I also think he may have explained it but they cut the scene due to lack of time. Same with Saris getting beat up. They cut the scenes on us.:scream:

Yes I was happy to see Yelina stand up to Saris. And why did H back away from her like that when she tried to show affection? They had better not set him up with Julia... I swear I will PUKE!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway I am glad our show is back. I accept things as they are... like I have a choice.:lol: And I hope for a rock solid season for us all! Now I have to go write the missing scene that is stuck in my head because I never got to see it on go down on screen!!!:guffaw:

Oh and next week looks great! Calleigh in an accident. Who will come to her rescue. Well I can say I know who it won't be!!!:lol::lol::lol:

HCrazy:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the posters who say the episode was rushed. The episode started out great but towards the ending, you could see how rushed it was. It would've been better had they made this a two part episode

nah, I think the episode was fine but then again you have to remember they have a deadline and that deadline was the 22nd.

The one thing that bugs the heck out of me is why Horatio didn't confront Calleigh at all. There is something really weird about that. After all, Calleigh can keep secrets so their is no excuse why Horatio couldn't talk to Calleigh face to face. Notice the camera zooming in on her in slow motion when Ryan said "he's dead". Camera zooms into Calleigh while hearing a traumatizing(spelling?) sound. Sounds like Calleigh will snap one way or another.

Ok, so I think there was not enough of a team thing going on by the end of the Epi. I think their were at least 2 spots where they could have had at least a small E/C moment just to give us a little tease about there feelings for each other. One was at the beging when Ryan said H. was dead. I mean really they are so close as a team and as friends, I thought they should have had an E/C conforting embrass just to steady eachother from the shock. I mean if someone that close to you is suppose to be dead you turn to the others for a little confort. I have been through Cop funnerals and there is a very close bond that I think was not shown fake death or not. Their should have been a little more emotion in that scene than what was shown. I know she had to be strong , but still you have to have a break down moment there and then an angry I'm going to find who did this to him moment. Second they could have played an E/C moment when Eric whet off in the interagation, and almost rearranged the suspects face for him. When she asks if hes ok why no send her over to him and let her lay a hand on him and have a nice we're going to find out who did this moment, and maybe Eric can lay his hand on her and give that great Eric stare in to her eyes.

Ok your right we could have done without Julia & kyle in this Epi. unless you give them a bigger scene to playout. Yes I caught the invation of H's personal space by Yulina. I actually thought she was gong to kiss him for a sec. I told my mom that I thought they should have embrassed some how in that scene. And what about her invation of Ron's personal space! I don't know why she dosen't play up H. like that she seems to want him, maybe its because Julia is on the scene now. She may be a little Jelous of her.

I new their would be hurt feeling between Eric & H., but maybe scense H. explained it to Eric he will be Ok. I think H. also has to rebuild his trust with Mr. Wolfe also after all the problems he had as of late. But I did think they should't have told about H. being alive until later in the show. maybe play up the tension between team members a little longer.

Finally, Mr. Jake is gone! I can't say i'm upset! Cause I'm not. I still think he should have been found mixed up a little more than what he was and maybe to the point of him getting killed or going to jail for his envolvment. To me it would have made more scence to me and been more real. I don't think hell be back to soon, but I feel him comming back to try and win Calleigh back away from Delko in the future.

I know I have raved on, but have to give my openion like everyone else. Just thought they could have made it a little more exciting a story line. Plus We did get enough of Natalia or Frank in this Epi. you know Frank is the sexual tension of the show Lol! or so he says!!! Lol.

I actually liked the episode. To name a few of my favorite moments:

-Eric's and Calleigh's reaction in the beginning and when they confronted Ryan. They were just awesome, the three of them.
-Eric's scene with the ME. The ME's expression was just priceless :lol:.
-Seeing Valera (the whole full second! :rolleyes:)
-Seeing Yelina and how she always helps H and seeing that she is always so moved by him.
-Eric going from shocked, to confused, to suspicious, to really pissed, to sad all in one episode. I honestly think he did a great job in this episode.
-H and Eric's scene where he asked why Ryan was chosen. I think he was honestly hurt by that and I really liked that they had that moment.
-Jake and Calleigh ending.

Things I didn't like so much:

-Ryan saying so quickly that H was alive. I wanted that to be delayed a little longer.
-Julia
-H acting so indifferent towards Yelina :klingon:.
-The boat exploding and H not even trying to take cover :rolleyes:.
-There was no team throughout this kind of crisis. This episode really called for a moment with all of them onscreen. But I guess that's just physically impossible for them or something.
-I would've liked to see a scene between H and Frank and more of a reaction from Natalia.
-The possibility that Ron might still be alive. I really wanted that to be over with.

IMHO, this review sums up the episode pretty neatly, in addition to the stuff that has already been mentioned by previous posters.

I'm only a casual Miami watcher, and I had some good laughs (boat? explosion? and his hair doesn't even move? I want that hairspray...)
I just can't believe how easily the team bought Ryan's (in my eyes pretty lame) story about running errands and releasing the body.
I was surprised though that he made it to 14:20 before spilling it.

But I didn't expect the episode to be anything else but typically-over-the-top Miami style, so I can't say I was disappointed

I am glad Cake are over...but honestly I think the only way Eric and Calleigh will be truly together is if Jake dies...you know the TPTB will find every which way to bring Jake back and complicate eric and calleigh.

On the whole, it was an okay episode. Just okay. Not fantastic, but not terrible either.

Good things:
- The level of emotion and anger between Eric & Calleigh and Ryan in the beginning and when they discovered that Ryan was the owner of the cell phone to which the “Its done” message was sent. I secretly love it when Eric gets pissed!
- Eric & Calleigh interrogating that suspect, and the level of emotion in Eric again. So well done.
- Loved the smile on the Caldwell’s face after Calleigh interrogated him and told him she was going to get a warrant for his cell phone. He knew Calleigh was a force to be reckoned with, knew she was a pitt bull out to find out who shot Horatio, and also knew that Horatio wasn’t dead. It was a smile of respect for how well she does her job.
- Jake and Calleigh are officially over. Although, that last scene between them was really nice, and did soften me up a little towards Jake. I never liked him before, but now I kinda do. But only a little. He still demeaned Calleigh… the “Officer Pretty” thing and lying to her about how much he drank in SYG. As tough as Calleigh is, I cannot see her liking being called Officer Pretty at all. And, if he loves her as much as he seems to profess, he would know about her father’s drinking problem, and not lie to her about how much he had to drink in SYG.

Not so good things:
- High heels and boob shots… come on, between the high tech wizardry and the female CSIs wearing high heels and low cut shirts with their boobs practically falling out, this show is becoming a joke. The joke in the CSI franchise. Was it really necessary to have Boa Vista collecting evidence in such a low cut top with so much cleavage? Boobs practically falling out? Even my husband commented negatively on the too long shots of her cleavage. Speaking of demeaning...
- The plot to have Horatio seemingly die, only to reveal to the perps that he was in fact alive was okay, but not for a cliffhanger. That idea was stupid. Cliffhangers are to keep the viewer on the edge of their seat all summer, bringing them back to the show in the fall. Now who is going to believe that Horatio is actually dead?! Were we to believe that they were actually going to kill off their main character? It’s not like DC expressed a desire to do other shows or movies, so no one would think that there was a possibility that DC wouldn’t return. Really, the episode in which Eric was shot in the head, and seemingly died at the end, only to have him live in the next episode would have been better as a cliffhanger, and this Resurrection episode would’ve been better as a complete episode in the middle of a season.
- Now suddenly Julia’s a good person? She was quite down & dirty last season, pretty nefarious. It seems to me like the writers are now making her a good person and will continue this Horatio/Julia relationship this season. I hope not, it would seriously make me question Horatio’s sanity, not to mention the fact that I have never liked the Julia character. Not even as a bad person. She seems too made up, phony. Perhaps if she looked (facial expressions) and dressed less like a femme fatale, I might like her either as a good or bad person.

Other comments:
- Someone mentioned that Jake kissed Calleigh on the lips. I don’t think he did. Yes, there was that interview Emily did in which she said the script called for Johnny to kiss her on the cheek, but he kissed her on the lips instead. Now, I’m no expert on television filming, but I believe they film multiple shots, so I’m sure they did more than one take of that kiss. When he pulled away from the kiss, it looked like he’d kissed her cheek. And, if you look where Jake’s face is positioned in relation to the direction of Calleigh’s head (she isn’t looking at him as he’s kissing her) at that moment, I do believe he did kiss her cheek.

- Some have mentioned the lack of dialog between Horatio & Calleigh in this episode. The writers may have felt there wasn’t enough time for a scene between Horatio & Calleigh or Horatio & Tripp. But, it was logical to me that if there had to be a scene between Horatio and one of the people who initially thought he was dead, that it would be between him and Eric. The two of them share a much deeper bond than the one Horatio has with Calleigh or Tripp, forged by the shared bond with Marisol, a bond that has deepened since her death. Although there was some good interaction between Horatio & Calleigh in the first few seasons, they’ve never had anything more than a really good Lieutenant-and-his-second-in-command relationship. One uttered “handsome” in only one episode ever (episode 1.06) and an “I beg to differ” on how good she looks in black (episode 1.09), doesn’t a deeper relationship make. But, that’s just my opinion.
- Yes, Ryan gave up the secret too soon, but Eric & Calleigh were hot on the trail and he needed to stop them. Although, Horatio should have known that Eric & Calleigh would stop at nothing to find out who shot & killed him, and he should know how well they do what they do… so while his reason for not telling Eric was plausible, perhaps he should have let the both of them in on it as well. Ah, but perhaps it was for the drama, the emotion, that the writers didn’t do it that way.

Jake DID kiss Calleigh on the mouth, but it was more on the corner of the mouth than full on lips. But, it did look different than in the promo. The promo did look like it was full on the lips. So, its possible that they did do several takes. However, the one we saw in the episode was on the corner of the mouth.

I think the whole "officer pretty" thing was a nickname Jake probably gave her when they were in the academy together. I don't think she found it demeaning at all. Most women would like to be called pretty by a guy they are attracted to. I know I would. :lol: Now if it was some suspect/stranger, maybe she wouldn't like it. But, it was Jake. Telling someone they're pretty is a compliment. There's nothing demeaning about it. Now if he said "Officer Big Boobs", that would be demeaning. But, "pretty" is NOT demeaning. I can't see why she'd be offended by that. Lots of couples have nicknames/pet names for each other. I think this was simply his nickname for her back when they were dating when they were younger.

I loved Jake saying he risked his life to get those guns for Calleigh, not for the case. That says a lot right there. I think that was his way of trying to make up for all of the mistakes he's made concerning her in the past. I'm glad they didn't make him a bad guy. That would have been too redundant seeing as to how they basically did that with Cooper. I actually got worried that they would kill him off. So glad they didn't.

I think Ryan was more afraid that Eric and Calleigh would have him arrested than he was of Eric beating him up. :lol: If Ryan got arrested, that'd pretty much be a career ender there. So, that's why he gave in so quickly.

I did find it pretty lame that E & C didn't know Ryan's phone number.

I can't believe they didn't show Natalia more. She was only in what two scenes? Weird.

I hope they'll bring Caldwell back for more eps. I like him. I like David Keith. Though Caldwell did make a mistake. He knew Horatio was supposed to be "dead" yet when interrogated by Calleigh, he said "He's helping me" not "he was helping me" like he should have said. :lol: I'm surprised the team didn't pick up on it right there. :lol: I would have been like "wait, did you say IS? He's still alive?" :lol:

GNRF said:
I did find it pretty lame that E & C didn't know Ryan's phone number.

I found that rather silly too. You'd think that since they do call him to inform him of evidence/vice versa that they would have memorized his number - unless they have speed-dial - or at least recognized it from their caller ID?

That scene though had me cracking up, it was brilliant. That was probably the best part of the episode for me, even if it did have Ryan spilling the beans pretty quickly. Can't blame the guy though, it's a pretty big burden to put on someone and the way the team was blowing through the case like the expression 'conflict of interest' was ancient Egyptian to them has to make things doubly difficult for him.

Natalia and Valera running DNA? What is this, a new buddy system? Natalia's a CSI now, do some more CSI work. Let the DNA analyst do her job, that's what she makes the big bucks for. It's moreso the writers that had me rolling my eyes at that, not the character. I like Natalia and it was a shame she was so underutilized in this episode.

Loved Yelina's part in the episode, though I always hate it when Horatio has to tell her to 'be careful'. She's a big girl, H. She could have probably taken Saris down with her pinky if she wanted to.

Didn't like that Saris could possibly be alive. I would have liked to see an end to his arc and the drama that ensues from it instead of a continuation of it. It took too. bloody. long. to. get. this. far. and it's edging on scratching at the wound instead of letting it heal properly.

And just a random thought but that woman who couldn't get out of her car: Was she incapable of grabbing the handle and opening the door, or was it one of those 'OMG the lock is down and I can't pull it up no matter how weak and tiny the little piece of plastic is!' moments? Maybe a bullet went through her car and jammed the door or the fire on the other side of her car magically sealed the door shut or maybe she was just too panic-stricken to figure out how to lift and push but that entire scene made me puke buckets of :rolleyes:'s. Fine, I get it, perfect time to show how the big hero cop gets to be a big hero and help the citizens. Maybe some thought it was a great moment for Eric but I didn't.

Also, the 'armoured car shoot 'em up steal the contents' is a tad overdone. Just my 0.02.

There were some other great moments in the show, however, what with Jake being connected to the case. I've always liked the edge he added to the show and he's a character I'd be interested into getting to know a little more, despite the fact that he's probably closer to a dead man now. :p

Loved the interaction between Calleigh and Caldwell as well as Tripp's line to Ortega to 'shut up' while he was in the back seat. :lol:

And even though I wasn't a fan of the exploding boat, (oooh ahhh token action sequence) the last lines uttered by Eric and Horatio were a great way to end the episode, in my opinion. It's pretty similar to the notion that Miami 'never closes' because it's never going to end. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I'll keep watching anyhow. :lol:

Re: Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** Sneak a Peek!

WOW! Loved the episode! Spoilers were a tad off,
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this or not, but did anyone notice that it was Eric who had to save that woman, and let the bad guy, who happened to be Ortega, get away? In the spoilers it was supposed to be Ryan. I don't know what Frank was doing all that time. :rolleyes: At one point I actually thought "Frank isn't going to get shot is he? This isn't something none of the spoilers implied is it...?"

I liked the episode, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. I think Ryan told Calleigh and Eric too fast about Horatio, it would have been even better if that had lasted longer.

I really, really liked the Calleigh/Jake interaction, even being the DuDe shipper that I am. Anyone else get the feeling this was the last episode for Jake? It definitely seemed like a goodbye kiss there, but not only for their relationship. Jake took a huge risk getting those guns for Calleigh, showed a lot about his character, he's not the huge jerk everyone thinks he is. I really, really like him, so I hope we'll see some more of him. :(

I've said on another forum that I was really tired of Julia and that I thought we'd be over "Horatio at Home" by now. But man, I loved her at the end of the episode, when Ron asked "What more could a woman want?" and she said "A divorce." :lol: Go Julia. But the ending was a little, eh. Huge explosion, but no body? So the Ron Saris thing is going to continue, seems like a bit of a waste of Horatio's staged death.

Loved Yelina of course, Valera was cool but she didn't do anything but talk to Natalia (who definitely didn't get enough screen time), and I didn't like her hair. :lol: Loved all of Eric's screen time though. There wasn't enough of Kyle, but hey. Other than all of those complaints it was a good season opener.

Last edited:
Natalia was underused in the ep. That was sad. :lol:

I think Horatio telling Yelina to be careful is his way of saying "I care about you", because he has a hard time saying that. :lol:

I really wish Saris had died. I'm almost as sick of him as I am of Sylar over on Heroes (and that's saying a lot... I'm not sure I even want to watch Heroes anymore lol Sylar bugs me that much lol).

The woman in the car- yeah, I think she was just kind of in shock and freaking out. :lol:

The armored car shoot up was overdone, you're right about that.

Other than Ryan's scene in the first where he yelled "I released the body!", the Calleigh/Jake scene was probably my favorite in the episode. He took a big risk and he did it for her. That was a nice touch.

Loved Caldwell's little smirk when he said "you do that" to Calleigh. :lol: That was great!

The boat exploding was strange. I swear this show is trying to compete with action movies sometimes. :lol:

At one point I actually thought "Frank isn't going to get shot is he?

I worried about that too. The way they did that scene with the slight slow mo and all... I was so afraid Frank was gonna get shot. :lol:

I've said on another forum that I was really tired of Julia and that I thought we'd be over "Horatio at Home" by now. But man, I loved her at the end of the episode, when Ron asked "What more could a woman want?" and she said "A divorce." :lol: Go Julia.

I loved that part too. My favorite lines of the whole show.

So the Ron Saris thing is going to continue, seems like a bit of a waste of Horatio's staged death.

Totally agree with this.

I just watched the episode and I must say that in moments like this I wish I was a JC shipper... That scene with him and Calleigh was really cute. Johnny did a great job in this epi, but, no offense to him, I really dislike Jake character and I hope this is his last episode. I was pretty much bored with all the H drama. I wouldn't say this was a bad episode, but it wasn't a good one either. I hope the next ones will be better. It was really lame that E and C didn't know Ryan's phone number and that Ryan admitted everything so easily.

Back