The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

I'm actually going to go for Liverpool or Utd again. I don't like Chelsea or Arsenal.

I was going to play it, they're doing it at work, but I didnt do it in time! Useless...

^^ I am in the league with work buddies as well I didn't want to play this season because I seriously sucked last time around I ended up second last in our league not my proudest moment I tell you. :lol: But I have given into peer pressure and I am giving it another go what can I say I am a sucker for punishment.

I am really interested in who Manchester will be signing before the transfer window closes. It looks like it might be Berbatov but right now it just seems like a whole lotta speculation and rumours and nothing else. Kinda like the whole drama around Ronaldo and look what happened? His not going anywhere...not for now atleast:lol:

Yeh, to be honest I don't rate Berbatov as highly as everyone else seems to. Yeh, he's a good striker, but I don't think he's worth the fees that have been brandished, and I think Sir Alex could get someone just as good, maybe less well known, for less.

*looooooooooooool* :lol:

friendly Italy-Austria

and Austria leads with two goals!!! :lol:
two chances, two goals!
Italy was better, but Austria scored.

Edit: 2:1 :-( (HT)
an own goal.....

Edit 2: 2:2
and yes, an own goal again.....

Edit 3: result: 2:2 *phew*
and Austria scored all goals....

I'm happy though

Last edited:
A new qualifying round is starting today! Yay!

Croatia is playing with Kazakhstan and on Wednesday England is coming...again. Hoping for a replay of the scores from the last qualifications.

Haha, and we're hoping it's not Misery ;) It'll be a close match on Wednesday. I just hope England can get started properly against Andorra today.

As a Newcastle United fan, this week has been a horrible one to day the least. I am just hoping England can do the business today and Wednesday to cheer me up a little.

Haha, and we're hoping it's not Misery ;) It'll be a close match on Wednesday. I just hope England can get started properly against Andorra today.

Well, both teams started with a victory. :) It was a great game to watch.

Can't wait for Wednesday! I'll be at the stadium, of course. :D bubbles, may the better team win. :D

Austria - France...surprising score, but still, not that much. Austria has a great football team, and France is still struggling with theirs. Hopefully this will get them to make some changes soon.

I'm just reading an article about Essien now. Sounds nasty. It's the same thing Michael Owen did in the world cup 06, and he was out for nearly a year.

And misery, I agree, may the best team win ( I just believe it'll probably be you, we didn't play very well on saturday). Have a great time at the match!

*hides from Ducky*

*whispers*

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 1 :D :D

As my favourite Admiral would say, "It's about time!"

Also, other great results this week: Finland drawing with Germany, and England beating Croatia. Yay!

happy093.gif

*hides from Ducky*

*whispers*

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 1 :D :D

As my favourite Admiral would say, "It's about time!"

Also, other great results this week: Finland drawing with Germany, and England beating Croatia. Yay!

happy093.gif

Oh shush :p

Didn't see Finland-German game :sad: I did get minute-to-minute description in our IRC channell :lol: It was like "GOOOOOALLL" and then few mins later "Oh, they forgot game continue after the goal"

Manchester United Vs Liverpool 4-1 YAY!! :D

Wow what a game. The red devils was such disaster. Go Liverpoolllll :D

Gerrard and Torres rock!!

Back