Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

I think that without the writers strike, there would be the potential of cheating BUT Danny would be the good guy and turn away Rikki. It's just with the writers strike being much longer, they needed to jump the gun a little. *sigh*

I think that Rikki would attempt to kiss him but then Danny would turn away at the last moment and tell her to leave. THEN he would call Lindsay because he realized that he is pushing away everyone that he cares about. I don't know if we would get Lindsay saying I fell in love with you speech which about broke my heart :(

ETA: I don't want everyone to think that I am making Rikki the bad one in this story, I just saw that as the more realistic action the writers would of taken rather than Danny sleeping with her.

Last edited:

This whole storyline was heartbreaking. And hard to watch. Maybe I'd have liked it more if it hadn't caused all the angst. But as a DL shipper, it was really hard to watch. Maybe they would have just dropped the storyline, but maybe because of the strike had more time to think about it. I have no idea. All I can say is I'm no fan of long storylines.

I understand why they want to have drama in the show. But I still don't get why they needed this cheating thing. The fact that Danny pushed Lindsay away- wasn't this enough?

Wow. I'm not sure if I am going to be ready to take this all in. What's worse is I want it to happen already so I don't have to be anxious about it! I want to go back and watch season 2.. too bad I don't have the DVD's anymore. That was my favorite DL season. No strings at that point.

Dawni asked:
I was thinking and if the writers strike didn't happen... do you think there would have been a chance at a better storyline for the whole DL scenario?
Perhaps not a better storyline, but at least a more convincing one.:scream: The season was cut short and I think that somehow messed with the plans they had for D/L this season.

After SD and what was said at the beginning of the season I got the feeling that the initial idea was to show that they had a relationship or were at least more than just friends/co-workers who slept together one, and then gradually there would've been some signs of tension; the fact that Lindsay never talks about her feelings for him and the forgotten birthday could've been the forecasted bump.:wtf:

When the strike hit there was not enough time left for what they had planned and the Rikki/Ruben story presented the "perfect" :rolleyes: opportunity to mess things up between them...Danny sleeping with Rikki was still unnecessary in my book, because (like others have said) his hurt and grief and pushing people away would've done the trick too, but I think when they decide to add personal drama, they really mean drama...:brickwall:

I really hope season 5 starts with some indication of their current status and after that they will be back to flirting and getting closer again..

Hey everyone!

Yeah, I'm thinking that the writers' strike does have a lot to do with the nightmare that was Season 4. I think we would have still had some angst, and possibly a break up but it would have been dealt with sooo much better. Like I said previously, there are some writers over in FF who dealt with the storyline & recovery in a much better, yet still realistic manner. Hello, professional writers! Take note!

But we've hit rock bottom so really, up is the only option. Right? :( Oh, the drama! :rolleyes: Season 5 angst better be less traumatic than this. That's not a spoiler comment, I'm just making the assumption that regardless of what happens, there will be angst somewhere :lol:

Hey Rad, I'm only a recent addition to this board so here - have a cookie! *shamelessly attempting to buy your affection*

I hope there'll never be another strike again. The problem I had with season 4 was, that there was no balance. We had several longer storylines and the super long 333 caller. The other cases- I almost forget about them when I remember the season. There was no balance, and same happened with DL. First we got nothing, then we got drama, drama, drama. And then a nice scene in PF and again nothing that clarifed what's going on between them. My hope for next season: more balance. Which means more focusing on single cases. And please, finally show us what's going on between DL, and no angst anymore.

I remember at the beginning of season 4 many of us were hoping for some lighter scenes after the angst from season 3. But season 4 was even more angsty. Lets just hope next season we'l finally have some 'happier' scenes, like we got in season 2.

Thought i'd pass through before i went away... off on holiday for the week gonna sun myself.

I hope S5 they do what they are good at and maybe do stuf which would be helpful like clearing up endings. Even if its them saying lets start a fresh.

I think if there werent the strike we may have got more continuity with it all i mean i'm guessing the Danny/Rikki thing would have happened but it might have been resolved more because technically there was 3 episodes left if they did a 24 run but they stopped at 21 because of teh strike.

Hello? Anyone there? *listens for the inevitable echos* I hope you all are on summer hols (or summer school :guffaw: I love you really!)

So, what crossover would you like to see? And I don't mean the normal Vegas & Miami. There's some interesting fics out there and having received some inspiration from them - I'd love to see Dean Winchester getting all 'how you doin?' with Lindsay - that accent? *swoons* Interesting how SMM would react? Majorly peeved or rather won over by the awesomeness that is Dean's attitude and oh so hot car.

Dawni - hope you enjoy your time away! x

So, what crossover would you like to see? And I don't mean the normal Vegas & Miami. There's some interesting fics out there and having received some inspiration from them - I'd love to see Dean Winchester getting all 'how you doin?' with Lindsay - that accent? *swoons* Interesting how SMM would react? Majorly peeved or rather won over by the awesomeness that is Dean's attitude and oh so hot car.
I totally agree! A couple scenes with Dean and Lindsay would be awesome :lol:
(Heck, a couple scene with Dean and Danny would be awesome too, those two would be funny together) I think SMM would be a little annoyed by him and protective of Lindsay at first. We still really haven't had a jealous Danny scene, I think its about time we get one. It would be so cute, IMO.

Um... this might be a stupid question, but.... What's SMM mean?

Happy Hump Day, every one

SMM - Sexy Man Messer :)

I would like to see Criminal Minds cross over. Hotch and Mac. Garcia, Reed and Adam. so much potential there. I think a Lindsay/Reed scene would be really interesting. and Morgan with Flack and Danny *swoons*

although it is unlikely, cross over with Supernatural would be soooooooooo great. and jealous!Danny is definitely a need-to-see. I dont think I heard Jensen Ackels talking yet but Jared has such a sexi deep voice. Sam could geek out with Linds a little, that would be sweet.

it would be interesting - at least for me, to see some characters from GA - namely Alex and Bailey, interact with the team

and of course NCIS meets NY would be awesome. Tony flirting with Linds just to tease Ziva and making Danny Boy angry and going into caveman mood. so much potential

Last edited:

Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing, yet again. :eek:

I know this is a little late but better late than never right?

Is it just me, or did TPTB kinda push the two of the together a little too soon and maybe that's why they don't quite know what to do with them now?
Well, I'm a little on the fence about this one. Although I loved SD (who doesn't?), I think it was too big a leap between SOoH and then we got nothing. Pushing them together too soon? Not really, their relationship was built up through S2 and S3 but the end result lacked continuity. I liked Danny flying to Montana - that was a big step but it should have had some kind of follow up as to where they stood after that. SD wasn't a follow up but another milestone. And then we get nothing for half a season and then BOOM!

Perhaps the writers have had the complaints about DL (from those who like and dislike them) and have decided to do something about it? To me, I can't see this storyline as anything more than an alibi to give the writers a tool to hard reboot their relationship and reduce them back to square one. It's basically what's happened isn't it?

Maybe this time they can rebuild DL's relationship but with better continuity. :)

I wouldn't mind that really, because it gives them a chance to reconnect on so many levels. *nods*

^Dude, I want Dean to flirt with Linds!! :lol: OMG that would send Danny through the roof, and Sammy can be good friends with her, and that'll send disturbing thoughts through Danny's mind every microsecond of the day. :p

I wouldn't mind Bailey kicking Danny into shape either, she's had enough practice where relationships are concerned (and I personally don't really like Alex, so yeah).

As for a Lindsay/Reed scene, I think they'd be all giggly at first but Lindsay would eventually leave him to find Danny cause she's bored. :guffaw:

*jumps on Liff!* God, where you been? Get your cute ass back on Y! Speaking of, Meg are you still living off the awesome iPhone? :lol:

As for a Lindsay/Reed scene, I think they'd be all giggly at first but Lindsay would eventually leave him to find Danny cause she's bored.

That'd be awesome, especially if SMM (Sexy Man Messer :D) was still worried bout how to act - 'Thought you were still mad at me?' Linds 'Well, yeah, but you're much more entertaining than Reed!'

Random Fluff Moment (it is Hump Day after all!) In the words of Sebastian, or Ashley Tisdale, 'you wanna kiss the girl? Go on and kiss the girl!'

Oh dear God, that was pretty fluffy for me wasn't it? Gutter ambulance for Peaches please! :guffaw:

I like Reid. He doesn't bore me at all. I think he's adorable. I love when does that whole explanation thing and it's kind of long-winded. He kind of rambles when he's uncomfortable or nervous and I like that too. It's so cute. Of course, I'd just have to kiss him to shut him up once in a while. :D But, ultimately a smart guy like Reid is very attractive to me. And he's not too hard on the eyes either. :lol: But, I think Lindsay would be bored with Reid cause I think she kinda gets bored with Adam sometimes. :lol:

I could see Morgan flirting with Lindsay and Danny getting super jealous!

But, I like the bad boy types like Dean Winchester too (except the whole womanizing thing, that bugs, but I suspect we'll have a different Dean when/if he returns from the bowls of Hell lol... I mean, I suspect that he'll change his ways somewhat... not be so much of the type that wants to sleep with almost any and every girl he sees lol). And yeah, if Dean flirted with Linds, Danny would be seeing red!

Wouldn't it be funny if they did a CM crossover and Mac's sort of stepson Reed was there. Then we'd have Reed and Reid. LMAO! They'd have to call Reid by his first name, Spencer to keep from being confused. :lol: I think the two would get along pretty well. Reed seems like he's kinda computer smart, but I suspect Reid could teach him a thing or two... maybe not about computers persay, but... Reed would also get along well with Garcia and Kevin since they're all good with computers lol.

Last edited:

Hey everyone, I am back to being able type on a normal keyboard. Success!

As for the crossover, I would love to see it with Bones. Never seen Criminal Minds so I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. I would love to see Brennan give Danny a piece of her mind for his actions. Give him that slug he needs for his behavior :)

Supernatural and CSI:NY would equal one very happy Megan! How it would work, no idea :lol:

Oh Liff it is so good to see your presence on the board again, we have missed you sorely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back