The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

I didn't watch Germany - Switzerland but seems like it was pretty good. 4:0 for us, that's ok. But in th eend, who cares about friendly games when you lose in the Cup? Not much time left till then. The final will be one day before I'm off to the USA, perfect time management I'd say^^ oh and I'll have to try to make my boyfriend watch the German team with me since England doesn't even participate *lol* he'll hate me for that :D

England and France played a friendly last night. England lost 1-0 but on the upside David Beckham got his 100th Cap!

Weldone Becks :D

Awesome match yesterday! Liverpool defeated Arsenal 4-2 to reach the semi-final of the Champions League (bye bye Chelsea, well at least I hope so).

Re: The Football Thread #3 - It Is Not Soccer

COME ON LEEDS :D:D:D

Anyone following the play-offs ;) 91st minute winnder :

Off to Wembley woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

I'm a little happy ;)

Champiore! How Sweet It Is.... Congratulations to Manchester United players, staff, management and supporters for an absolutely fantastic victory. Hard luck Chelsea but cheers for being top drawer opponents and making this Final one of the best we've had in a long while. The English Premier League... the stuff of legend.

To Our Lads and Staff Who Died 50 years ago in Munich...this victory is for you....

Geoff Bent
Eddie Colman
Roger Byrne
Duncan Edwards
Mark Jones
David Pegg
Tommy Taylor
Liam "Billy" Whelan

Walter Crickmer
- club secretary
Bert Whalley
- chief coach
Tom Curry
- trainer
===

Sir Matt,
the Munich beat goes on...

Last edited:
Woohoo! Go ManU! I only watched first half and bit of 2nd half and I was so tired and had to sleep... need to watch sportsnews tonight if they show the shootout (of course they will ;) )

Oh EuroCup will start soon! Yay! Go Holland!

Woohoo! Go ManU! I only watched first half and bit of 2nd half and I was so tired and had to sleep... need to watch sportsnews tonight if they show the shootout (of course they will ;) )

Oh EuroCup will start soon! Yay! Go Holland!

ManU all the way! I am a Liverpool fan, and that is exactly why I didn't want Chelsea to walk away with the cup. I almost threw something at my TV when Cristiano Ronaldo missed the penalty shot, but then John Terry came and he didn't disappoint me.

Hey DaWacko, Holland is in the same group as Romania :lol: I want to be a patriot and say "Go Romania" , but being in the same group with Italy, France and Holland it will be a bit impossible. Did you know that Romania and Holland are classified with the third chance of passing the group stages? And to be a bit fanatic, Romania kicked Holland's ass the last time we played, we can do it again :p

Holland had a friendly match against Wales yesterday and we won with 2-0. :D

Only a few days to go till the Euro Cup finally starts and I hope Holland will get far in the Euro Cup. I just hope we won't meet Portugal somewhere down the road in a match. :borg:

Oh yes, great football countries, such as Finland and England are out :p I was just thinking again.. it was so close..if we only won that another game against Belgia... or Azerbaijzan..we'd be there and Portugal not.

Anyways, I am so excited... GO HOLLAND! ...I think I have to search for my old Holland banner that Jayne made for me for the World Cup!... of course I have to wait NHL finals to end :p
And I hope Holland isn't forced to play in their white clothes :(

DaWacko: Your banner and icon totally rock! :thumbsup:

I don't think you have to worry about the white shirts and I can't stand that shirt neither. I saw somewhere that the shirts will be the famous orange one and then there is also the blue one. :)

Oooh blue one :eek: I just hope they don't have to play against team that has similar colour (that's was the reason why they had to use those white ones against Portugal) :D

Is anyone registered at Uefa's fantasy football? They have some nice prizes for each day and stuff... I am registered there, have little contest with guys at our irc-channel... also our betting company has similar thingie :p

I always get confuse so easily and I remember once where I got so confused and kept asking which of the team was Holland. :lol:

I hope we don't meet Portugal at all cause I really don't like them and you know what always happens when we play them. :borg:

I am not a member of it, but checked it out and I won't become a member cause I will not be good at it. :lol:

Is anyone registered at Uefa's fantasy football? They have some nice prizes for each day and stuff... I am registered there, have little contest with guys at our irc-channel... also our betting company has similar thingie :p

Good idea I think I will go join in, our office has this pool going too I still don't know who to back I am fence sitter on this event. We also did the fantasy english premier league thing for last season I sucked so hard at it:lol: I ended second from the bottom man:( Apparantly I am a complete waste as a manager:lol: But I will try again.

Back