George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting me know Destiny. I wasn't aware of that.

That's exactly why I did the spoiler, for those in other countries, smart one aren't you? :lol:

I'm thankful for the reminders, including ones I see on other posts, still new here and trying to learn all the rules. :)

OnlyTruth as always nice to hear from you :)

And oh I wanted to see Nick ride a bull. That would have been so....HOT

And yes where is McStokes. Maybe if we kidnap Nick we'll get her out of hiding :)

Hey Jacquie - I pop in here fairly regularly. Now, the Ward, that's a different story - haven't been to the Ward in a long while.

I have a question that I am embarrassed to ask. Nick obviously knew this "Precious Ricky" and some of the posts have made it clear that he's been on before. So, my question - when? I really, truely can't remember him.

OnlyTruth said:I have a question that I am embarrassed to ask. Nick obviously knew this "Precious Ricky" and some of the posts have made it clear that he's been on before. So, my question - when? I really, truely can't remember him.
Eric "Precious Ricky" Hong played by James Hirouki Liao was also in the ep #715 "Law Of Gravity" he was a pimp that Keppler and Nick interrogated.

So I was wondering what we are wanting to do to keep the discussion thread going while the writers are still on strike. Do we want to go back to the Pilot and start discussing an episode a week? Maybe start on a Friday morning just like we do when there is a current episode going? I know this board was not going in 1999/2000 when the first season was on. GE and Nick have matured so mcuh over the years it might be interesting to see what everyone thought of Nick in the beginning :)

Great idea Jacquie! :)

So lets see, my first impressions of Nicky. He was very eager to please Grissom. A little naive, but that has changed. Which, I think, had a lot to do with Grissom not letting him solo where a dead body was concerned.

You first saw his empathy towards the victims and their families.

So sweet and lovable, as usual.

Just doing a random George Eads search on ebay and came up with this. It's a VHS of the pilot of Skip Chasers with GE!
Thought I'd share since it's not the usual autographed pics you usually find, and just in case anyone has some extra Christmas money burning a hole in their pocket. Too bad I don't :(

my first impressions of Nicky. He was very eager to please Grissom. A little naive, but that has changed. Which, I think, had a lot to do with Grissom not letting him solo where a dead body was concerned.

I agree there....he seemed like he neede to prove himself a lot. He is just so cute when he gets upset ...

He certainly was ready to please Grissom but at the same time he was clearly showing his empathy for the victims. He clearly shows this when he returns the stolen property to the guy in the hotel.

I love that he has empathy for the victims too. Someone has to.

Ok, don't kill me, but I'm going to have to critize Nick here. That whole Kristy thing, I would have thought he'd be a little smarter than that, sleeping with her and believing her. There I think he showed some naivety.

Though I think George kind of agrees since he wasn't happy with that storyline either, but being the first season what was he going to do. I like how he fights for the integrity of the character, however, I don't think he won too many of them at the beginning of the show. Obviously, he wouldn't have the pull to do so, but I do think the whole cast has that pull now and their input is listened to.

I remember listening to the commentary on Burked from season 2 and Anthony Zuiker was saying that they originally hired George to basically be the pretty boy stud and how after one season they found out he could act. Unfortunately for George he has had to do a lot of proving that he can act. If the writers and studios ever get there act together and settle this strike maybe we can all see what Nick is like as a supervisor. I think tptb have realized that George is a very dedicated actor and a good actor. And George your are very handsome and easy on the eyes :)

Having fairly recently rewatched all of season 1, I think it's fair to say that none of the characters were really as we know them now. I know there's always going to be character development, especially with such a long running series, but several were extremely different by the end of that season alone.

Over the years I think George has shown his mettle and tptb have realised because his presence in the show is quite outstanding now.

I soooooo agree with you both. It's about time the tptb are starting to take notice and bringing him more into the forefront. I definitely want to see him as the supervisor.

Now if the greedy AMPTP could just give the writers what they want, maybe we'd find out.

And he really is a great actor. After watching him in Evel Knievel and Monte Walsh, I'm definitely convinced. It was, also, nice to see him in different rolls. You get to see his acting range.

On a side note: Thank God you can preview these posts, I'd hate to see what mine would look like. My typing is not up to par today. :mad:

stokesgirl if you haven't seen it yet you should try The Spring. It's a movie GE did in 2000. Not the best but it is interesting to see. I haven't yet tired to get The Second String but I've heard GE's character is your typical jock jerk. As to your comment about spelling I had to chuckle with that. I'm not very keyboard savvy having only taken 1 year of typing back when there weren't laptops and PC :) My fingers find the correct keys most of the time but it's the order that they put the words in sometimes that's the scary aprt. It seems like I spend more time correcting the workds thatn actually typing them the first time :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back