"Dog Eat Dog" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Great episode! Very entertaining.

I thought what Cath did at the end was pretty respectful too. The lady was obviously depressed and showing that newspaper clipping made it a bit better for her.

This was classic CSI! Great episode! I liked it because:

- the cases were gross but interesting and original

- there was no tension among the CSI team -- everyone just did their job and got along

- it wasn't a very emotional eppy, which is a nice break after ABRTI

- Greg had the best line: "Hopefully I'll find a weiner!" :lol: I loved the look on Grissom's face afterward.

- Even with the moustache, Nick Stokes is just the bomb! I loved the little snarly thing he did when he was talking with Sara about finding the dog that attacked the wife. Woowoo! :D

- I was glad there was some acknowledgement of Brass's situation right at the start.

- There was a total focus on the CSIs (except Warrick) and most of the lab techs instead of detectives, lawyers, etc.

Nicely done!

ETA: Yeah, I thought Catherine's response was good, too, even though she seemed unsure of what to do at first.

And let's not forget Doc's baking! That was a cute little addition.

I completely agree!!! *points upward* and that little snip of Warrick wasn't very appeasing!

Ok, I’m just gonna make lists of the things I liked:

*Grissom telling the “hot dog” story. Loved how he was just babbling along, and Greg looked over his shoulder as if to ask, “dude, you never talk this much in one breath, EVER! And I’m the only one to see it”
* Loved Greg’s “wiener” line
* Hodges to me seems to be taking the place of Greg in the “I’m a lab rat and here I am with my random stories” part (but I did like him tonight)
* Brass’s “Happy Thanksgiving” line
* Nick’s little dog snarl face, LOL
* And the Doc cooks, that’s my kinda man!!

Things I didn’t like
*the hot dog eating sequence lasted way too long, gross!
* and what the hell? Apparently Warrick’s only purpose is to be married and talk about that damn wife of his?
*Who the hell names their dog after a (tasty) alcoholic beverage?

Good ep-not great, but it seemed funnier than usual.

The cases:
The couple with the dog-honestly, death was probably best for them both, and she got what she deserved.
Eating guy: death had to be better for him-that disease has gotta suck.

ugg i missed it. i was at my cousin's house just about to watch it and then my parents decided that it was time to leave. 2 minutes before csi. so i saw the last 2 minutes and that's it.

For anyone who watches CBS...awww did you see the CBS Happy Holidays commercial with the Grissom and Catherine puppets... :lol: SO CUTE!!!

Anyways, i liked this episode. I couldn't imagine having that disease where you feel starved all the time. Kinda sad. Pretty funny episode. :D

For anyone who watches CBS...awww did you see the CBS Happy Holidays commercial with the Grissom and Catherine puppets... :lol: SO CUTE!!!

LOL, for real? I watched it on CTV so I got all of the Canadian commercials.

To be honest, other then these two scenes I didn't like the A plot very much.

1. Greg examining the hot dogs with the background music being an Eminem song, that was funny.

2. Catherine giving the sister the picture of her brother. Very touching. Nice to see Catherine's softer side coming out. And even while she was questioning the sister, you could see that Catherine was not being judgemental at all, just trying to figure out how the tragedy came about. Goes to show how alone families are in these situations.

The B plot was interesting. I felt sorry for the dog that attacked the woman. Felt bad for the couple as well. Goes to show that civil divorces are the way to go.

So it's interesting to see Brass mention two of the deadly sins..

In this show we actually saw four of them

Plot A. Gluttony and Greed
Plot B. Hate and Pride-neither one of the couple would come to a peaceful resolution.

Dante would have loved CSI!!!

ITA, Grissom with his magnifying glass :lol: but the episode was a good ep. not the best but a good one, I would agree that disease has got to suck. And with the Nick and Sara case I liked the dog being the killer thing. and I have to say that Nicks 'stashe is growing on me.

The cases were definately original and interesting! I must say, food eating contests and stuff like that always gross me out, so I didn't like watching those parts.

What a horrible condition to have though! I felt bad for his sister at the end.

Limited Greg and Warrick :( But they did give them some great stuff for the short time they were on screen. I loved Grissom's reaction to Greg's "Hopefully I'll find a 'wiener'" and Doc Robbins and his pie...LoL :lol: :lol:

Catherine's excitement over the food (ie. the pretzel place) was cute and Hodges was hillarious in the scene with the stomach contents.

Is George doing another role or did he just feel like a change with the moustache? Anyone know?

I liked seeing Sara and Nick working together. They're comments like "Which means Kaluha gets to walk", "We're looking for another golden retriever. One with a bad tooth and a rotten disposition" and "The suspect is in custody" (refering to the other dog) were cute and funny.

I liked the segues to commercials with the "chomp" and cat sounds as well.

I liked the segues to commercials with the "chomp" and cat sounds as well.

I noticed those, too! :D I think the writers and producers had fun with this episode, despite the gruesome and sad story lines.

Ooooh, I want to see Nicky snarl again. It was kinda sexy. :eek:

I liked this episode. Although the scenes where they showed the guy eating were kinda gross.

I was extremely happy to hear that Brass was cleared by the review board. And that he got the last words in before the credits. Loved the "Happy Thanksgiving" remark.

I couldn't help but laugh when Hodges was separating the guy's stomach contents. And when it showed him with the clothes pin on his nose, I had to laugh out loud. That was just too funny.

And Greg with the hot dogs and asking Grissom if he's gonna get his money back for them. And then his weiner line as he left the office. I loved it.

Oh and Doc Robbins and his pie. Just loved that scene.

Also loved the fact that Hal Sparks (Digger James) was in this episode. I used to watch him on Queer as Folk. I think he's so cool.

So all in all it wasn't a bad episode.

omg that mustache!!!!!!!! it's driving me insane, someone shave it, i thought he would have gotten rid of it, especially after Warric called him Mustache boy.....grrr

well besides that the episode was good. wow and no one was convicted, both case's would never make it to court.......

Back