New CSI:NY Credits Love or Hate?

The video is ok, but I really don't like the BUTCHERED version of Baba O'Reilly. I want the old song back. Cutting out those lines is a crime! Those lyrics were perfect for the show. And if cutting is necessary, I could live without "Out here in the fields /I fight for my meals /I get my back into my living" , but not without "I don't need to fight /To prove I'm right / I don't need to be forgiven" !

None of the above. I don't love it and I don't hate it, I just feel that there was no need to change the song. The images, fair enough, but to put Gary and Melina before the CSI:NY name and the rest of the cast after it is mildy insulting.

I wonder if the lyrics were recorded again for it too, because they don't sound quite the same, but the music actually seems more modern (although I'm not sure if that is good or bad). The music ends rather oddly, just seeming to cut off in full flow as if it hasn't finished. (In my mind maybe they will add a bit more later on when they include Robert and AJ in them - probably just wishful thinking on my part).

They will undoubtedly grow on me, but at the moment they just seem a little, er, wrong... :(

I have to say I like the bright, flashy New York pics and the new, hot character images. Some of them needed an update and graphically speaking, I think the editing was really good. I hate the new song though. There was really no need to change it. Even if they needed to make it shorter I'm sure they could've found another solution.

Don't like the video and hate hate hate the music. Bring back the unmutilated version of Baba O'Reilly, please.

The images in the video are fine, but I don't like the way Gary and Melina have been given above the title billing. Yes, I realize they're the stars of the show, but it unnecessarily places them above the co-stars who work cohesively as a team on this show and who weren't relegated to the bottom previously.

Also, if they could perhaps double Carmine's allotted time in the opening, that'd be fantastic. :lol: I have to watch closely so as not to miss him. Not saying to give him more time than the rest, just don't make a fangirl feel she can't blink. More time for those beautiful faces in the opening.

Don't mind the video itself....except for the fact that Melina and Gary are ahead of everyone else...(wheres Adam????)

...but the song is driving me crazy. I think it could grow on me, but the intro-drum beat is way too long. What was wrong with the old credits?

I find the video divisive; its meant to be an ensemble piece so why prioritise Stella and Mac?

I too feel there is too little Danny, but then again I would, wouldn't I? But seriously, the whole second part of the sequence, after the title, seems terribly rushed.

I don't mind the beginning of the music but it ends so horribly - just stops abruptly - and the words no longer seem to have any relevance for the show.

They could try what the Drew Carey Show did in its final year. Have a different band record the theme music in its own style each week. One week U2, the next Barry Manilow, then Spice Girls, Tijuana Brass (yeah, I know they split up), Beyonce, Willie Nelson, Alison Krauss, William Hung...

When I first heard it, I hated it but now that I've watched Can You Hear Me Now? about 4 times and The Deep twice, I like the music now. Although, I'd rather see them keep the original song.

The video, I love all the new pictures. It's nice to see some clips from Snow Day. I love Flack and the eyebrow thing. Maybe it's just me but I don't really care if they separated Gary and Melina from the rest.

If Melina and Gary didn't appear before the title did, I wouldn't have any problem with the visuals. But I HATE what they did to Baba O'Reilly. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

The thing is, if we let TPTB know that we HATE how they ditched the definitive line from the song "I don't need to fight/to prove I'm right/I don't need to be forgiven" they will change it back. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I don't know why they went and altered Baba O'Rielly..that song is a classic.

The new clips are okay. They just need to get rid of the remix

Much in agreement with everyone else, the new clips are okay, but I dislike how they cut Baba O'Reilly. Keep the new clips, but change the song back to the way it was.

Back